It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tragedy of girl shot attempted to be expoited for racial division; fails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There was a targedy in the Houston area where a black girl by the name of Jazmine Barnes was shot and killed in a drive by.

The mother and sister of the girl in their grief suggested it could have been a hate crime committed by a white man.

National media such as the NYT ran the story.

Jazmine, who was black, was in the car with her mother and three sisters when a white man pulled his red pickup truck beside them and began shooting, the police said. A bullet struck Jazmine in the head and she died at the scene, the police said. The gunman was described as a man in his 30s or 40s wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

Ms. Washington told The Houston Chronicle that she believed the attack was racially motivated, and the case has drawn attention from civil rights activists across the country.

United States Representative Sheila Jackson Lee, a Democrat whose district includes parts of Houston, said the racial dynamics of the case were apparent. “Do not be afraid to call this what it seems to be: a hate crime,” she told the crowd, demanding an investigation by the Justice Department.

After Jazmine’s killing, the public mobilized to help the family. Mr. Merritt and Shaun King, a prominent racial justice activist and a columnist at The Intercept, have offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to the gunman’s arrest. DeAndre Hopkins, a wide receiver for the Houston Texans, pledged to donate his paycheck from this weekend’s playoff game, which amounts to $29,000, to help pay for Jazmine’s funeral.

www.nytimes.com...

The idea of a young girl killed by a white man in a hate crime was tantalizing to the press, who seems more willing to cover that than a non hate crime where a child is shot and killed.

As the story unfolded, it turned out that in fact this wasnt a hate crime, but a gang shooting gone wrong, and was committed by black men.

www.cnn.com...

Now first off, I would never judge this mother and sister for trying to find answers to such a thoughtless crime, in the immediate wake of the murder of this little girl. That is a pain I will hopefully never understand.

But the fact that they immediately went to hate crime shows something about the society we live in.

Despite white on black murders being very rare, that is where their thoughts were.

And who can blame them? The media and others constant drive to cause racial division makes it seems as if whites are killing blacks in record numbers.

Sadly, this case seems to be more the rule than the exception, and as is statistically most common, this young black person was shot by another black person.

Which isnt to say blacks are inferior or anything. Had a young white girl been shot, statistically it would have been by a white person, as most homicides are committed within race.

The fact that this became such a big media story, and civil rights activist got involved so fast shows how these narratives are intentionally pushed.

Now allow me to take a moment to criticize myself. When there is a shooting, terror attack, etc. my mind always jumps to stereotypes; was it Islamic terror, a racist white guy, etc. I try to fight it, but deem down there is an initial feeling of "I hope this guy isnt in the same political party as me" I suck for that, but I think many people do it, and we should all try to wait for facts before jumping to conclusions.

But the media has a vested interest in pushing racial division for ratings, and to help their establishment friends in the democratic party, who run on racial division.

Thats is why you see Rep. Lee come at and say its probably a hate crime before most relevant facts were out.

She should be ashamed, but she probably isnt.

As far as BLM activist Shaun King getting involved, he clams he didnt get involved because of the racial aspect.

There is no way to prove that is not true, but seeing as how there are many many instances of black children being shot by black suspects that he never got involved with, its seems at least worth questioning.

Does this girls death matter any less because it wasnt a white guy that killed her? I dont think so.

And this is a question that was asked of BLM often; why focus only on hate crimes when the vast majority of examples of black lives being tragically discarded and not valued are by other blacks?

It makes it seem like King and others are more interested in going after white perps than saving black lives.

This case is another example where it was pushed because of the hate crime angle, and people were quick to exploit it (like rep lee) and it turns out that wasnt the case.

Lastly and most importantly, my thoughts go out to the family and community for suffering this terrible tragedy.

DeAndre Hopkins of the Houston Texans donated all of his salary for his playoff game to the girls funeral, and is an example of someone doing the right thing.

I hope the family gets all the peace that they possibly can.

edit on 7-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The media is a threat to the people and will do anything to divide the people of this nation. Nothing they do is for our benefit and they have lost any semblance of journalistic integrity. Your OP exposes this very well.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The problem is it didn't fail. It ran on for over a week and the hate generated is still bubbling along with nowhere to go. To some they believe the current suspect was framed to get Whites off the hook. Check out comments on twitter. the denial is strong. They WANT to believe this lie and that's a problem in itself.

Eta: If the family wanted peace she should have never lied about the suspect description. She should also give back any money beyond the funeral and hospital costs but I'll take bets she doesn't. The part about getting big $ of your dead child is really creepy to me.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Lee still hasn't apologized and never will.

It's all about hate.

Irrational hate.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The problem is it didn't fail. It ran on for over a week and the hate generated is still bubbling along with nowhere to go. To some they believe the current suspect was framed to get Whites off the hook. Check out comments on twitter. the denial is strong. They WANT to believe this lie and that's a problem in itself.

Yeah, you are right.

Its tragic.

The narrative is so strong that many will believe it despite facts.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I saw this, and I also saw many people come out and try to make it racial by claiming it was a white man.

Turns out the white man was a witness, now tarnished by the bullcrap and the racial division being proposed by REAL racists.

This disgusts me to no end.

The fact that people like Jackson Lee, come out and call it racial , make claims before its been investigated should be REMOVED FROM OFFICE, because it proves they value bias before truth and their OATH

This is why this country will continue its spiral, they will keep getting their news, not EVEN from the media but SOCIAL media, crap thats not fact checked and spread like a plague.

Oh also lets not forget that Shaun (shawn?) King is WHITE, who pretended to be black for years just like Rachel Dolezal, funnily enough embraced by the black community and defended even though its cultural appropriation to gain power and money, but I digress.

This is what happens when people stop thinking for themselves and prefer being spoon fed.

This will not get better
edit on 7-1-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Black on black and gang related crimes don't fit the narrative. The narrative being = white people are the soul cause of anything and everything that is wrong with the world today.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So it’s a hate crime when there’s even a (false) perception it’s a white perpetrator but a Muslim shouting allah Akbar while randomly firing a gun at crowds or driving into people and we are told not to jump to conclusions or make assumptions.

Got it

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
So it’s a hate crime when there’s even a (false) perception it’s a white perpetrator but a Muslim shouting allah Akbar while randomly firing a gun at crowds or driving into people and we are told not to jump to conclusions or make assumptions.

Got it

No, to Democrats that's workplace violence..

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Sounds like somebody was trying to capitalize on a tragedy.
Maybe get a nice movie deal.
Turns out to the same ole story nobody wants to hear.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I've only one word to contribute.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Oh come on, cut this woman a break. I frequently confuse 40 year old white males with 20 year old black males, doesn't everyone?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
expect to have this dropped as soon as its shown another person of color did this, and expect no appology from this head of sthat that suspiciously took interest in this one case.

Again racism is fine as long as its against white people..........look at the memes coming out....as long as "White people"

Google "white people" memes, nono its ok, its not racist...........

What pisses me and mine off (my military buddies my neighbors) is that "The Stupid" cant figure out that its all racist when youre making quips as such.....

My battle buddy , one of the ones who helped me through my PTSD, gave me an example, One was a prominent meme about "whites" who couldnt stand or understand spices........the other was a meme about black people eating watermelon.....

One is ok to present online all the time, another is racist......neither of us could understand how its different

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

From a local story:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
New details in the deadly shooting of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes revealed the suspects fired at the car she was in by mistake. According to court documents, the suspects believed it was another vehicle.

New details reveal suspects fired at Jazmine Barnes' vehicle by mistake

There were 2 suspects in the case.

Documents also revealed sources stated the suspected vehicle in the deadly shooting was not the red pickup truck, and that Black was driving a rental vehicle of unknown description.

According to a judge, Black returned the vehicle after the shooting and got a new rental - which he was driving at the time of the arrest.

During the investigation, Black said the pistol used in the shooting was at his residence. He signed a consent to search and investigators recovered a nine-millimeter pistol - which is consistent with the caliber of shell casings recovered at the original scene.

Following Black's arrest, sources told ABC13 Larry Woodruffe, 24, was also arrested as a second suspect in the case. Those sources said Woodruffe is believed to be the shooter.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There is really only one way to overcome the divisiveness. Don't watch the news or any news shows.

There hasn't been any racial division in my life all week, I only heard about this here on ATS. And had instant in depth analysis and debate. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The new leftist playbook is ripped off from Charles Manson's version of 'Helter Skelter'. 50 years ago we locked people up for perpetrating this kind of manipulative evil on society. Now we elect them to important seats in government and make them the editor of the New York Times.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What worries me is when it leads to follow-up articles and opinions like the one below:

What was this incredible revelation based on? The notion that just because finally there is an apparent case of white-on-black gun violence that all of a sudden he may be a serial killer too??? Has there been any follow up opinions on whether the actual killer has killed other black people before as well?
edit on 7-1-2019 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

What worries me is when it leads to follow-up articles and opinions like the one below:

What was this incredible revelation based on? The notion that just because finally there is an apparent case of white-on-black gun violence that all of a sudden he may be a serial killer too??? Has there been any follow up opinions on whether the actual killer has killed other black people before as well?

you mean OPINION taken as fact.....this proves sort of thing proves that they are catering to people who DO NOT and WILL NOT read facts.......

Goood lord...............
edit on 1/7/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

And he wasnt white.......

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Black on black and gang related crimes don't fit the narrative. The narrative being = white people are the soul cause of anything and everything that is wrong with the world today.

Its because the Mainstream News Media has an anti white agenda. They will never report the crimes committed by African criminals whatever its in America Europe. It will ruin their agenda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join