It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats looking to raise taxes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

House Budget Chairman John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) has
announced that the forthcoming budget blueprint will call for a 33 percent corporate income tax rate by hiking the rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.
This would make the U.S. a less competitive place to do business and make the U.S. statutory rate higher than many developed competitors.
State corporate taxes average 6 percent across the U.S, so this planned tax hike would give the U.S. an average top corporate rate of 34 percent.
The current combined corporate rate across the 36 member Organisation for Economic Development and Cooperation (OECD) is currently 23.7 percent.
This proposed tax hike would make the U.S. rate higher than major competitors such as the United Kingdom (19 percent), China (25 percent), Canada (26.8 percent), Germany (29.8 percent), and Ireland (12.5 percent).
"Hiking the tax rate on American businesses will kill jobs, lower wages, and reduce new investment in America," said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform. "Why do the Democrats want to damage American competitiveness and job creation?"

Bold is mine.

www.atr.org...

So democrats have established they don't want border security.
They've already attacked gun rights.
They've supported tearing down statues so we know where they stand on free expression.

Now they want to raise taxes.

Not really surprized. But I had been tongue-in-cheek when I stated that they probably would raise taxes.

I had no idea that they hate us having our money so much!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It seems like a sabotage move to ruin Trump's economy to me. It's a pretty harsh increase.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

We can't be employed and have money, what would the evil leftists run on?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Who cares?

I'm voting for them anyways because Trump said mean things!

Also he wants to stop illegal immigration, human trafficking, guns and drugs pouring into the country!

What a jerk!

GO DEMS!

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Who cares?

Also he wants to stop illegal immigration, human trafficking, guns and drugs pouring into the country!

What a jerk!

GO DEMS!

Well hell!

Just because Trump said stuff I made a pink hat and burned a car!

#MeToo!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You will be broke(n) and you will submit to the government teet. Only then can you fully embrace the (D)ark side!

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

One of the main reasons that I left the democratic party is their idea that if they take more money out of my pocket then I would have more money.

Just a country girl here and I only have a minor in economics, but the math just doesn't... work.

edit on 7-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Seasoned Democrats in the House know that higher corporate taxes will kill off their big donations. Only the naïve newbies would vote for this. In the Senate, it won't even be brought to the floor for a vote.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Seasoned Democrats in the House know that higher corporate taxes will kill off their big donations. Only the naïve newbies would vote for this. In the Senate, it won't even be brought to the floor for a vote.

I honestly believe that republicans would back this if they could benefit from it.

link   
The title made me say "in other news, water is wet.."

Like always, Democrats plan to take money from the working class to bribe their targets voters...the entitled class.

link   

I don't see it making it passed the Senate. Also Trump still holds a veto card.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Voters were warned.

Now voters pay.

Vote Democrat to increase unemployment.

Vote Democrat to increase taxes.

Vote Democrat to get a 1984 society !!

It will prevail !!

"I'm 2 heart attacks away !!"

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

#MeToo

I found it really funny that older people like me who don't use twitter and didn't understand the word "hashtag" read about the sexual abuse movement that women put together to address grievances and read the movement name as "pound me too".

I was really confused for a month or two on that till my daughter explained it.

Excuse the off-topic post please mods.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
The title made me say "in other news, water is wet.."

Like always, Democrats plan to take money from the working class to bribe their targets voters...the entitled class.

It is kind of like believing that spectators should win trophies because someone else won a foot race.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I hate us too. Boo us. "Go get 'em tiger" to our competitors. Go other teams! Hate!

edit on 1 7 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Okay. I admit it. I had a good laugh.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: vinifalou

Who cares?

What a jerk!

GO DEMS!

Well hell!

Just because Trump said stuff I made a pink hat and burned a car!

#MeToo!

Are "hash-tagging" metoo, or "Pound" metoo? That movement is confusing?

I'm realy confused as to why any party would run on a platform of "Let us take your money". In the past is was always brought up after an election is done, not before. Who's running these campagn messages.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I truly don’t understand how people keep voting for these idiots. Nothing they propose is good for America or her citizens.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Perhaps what they have to divvy up is actually a finite amount? I.e: if you make more notes than underlying value, that's called inflation.

Not paying enough, where it is needed, might give you more ca$h, but it will not be as valuable.

But, at least you can burn the bills if it gets cold.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

It seems like a sabotage move to ruin Trump's economy to me. It's a pretty harsh increase.

Trump's economy is their economy.

But there will be more money in the pot if Trump ensures that government doesn't get paid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join