It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake vs. Crocodile-can you guess who wins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's a battle for the ages, in the red corner we have the Python, who can reach up to 33 feet in length. In the blue corner we have the crocodile, an apex predator that survived the extinction of the dinosaurs. So which one will prevail? let's watch.

So the title of the video is a spoiler, the crazy thing is these are babies, as you will see the slithery serpents can get freakishly big

Now i don't mind itty bitty pythons, they are cute but no so much when they can eat me. Perhaps these monsters are responsible for many myths and legends across the globe, perhaps like the stories of Pliosaur, maybe there are still giants lurking in the waters. But on a positive note, he is a photo of a cannibal snake

A South Australian farmer has stumbled across a brown snake eating another brown snake.

Shaun Taylor, from Bordertown in the state's south-east, was testing moisture levels in haybales when he almost stepped on the snakes. "Initially I didn't know what was actually happening because all I could see was one head and two tails," he said. "On a bit of a closer inspection I realised that one of the adult snakes was actually eating the other, fairly large, adult snake that was not that different in size."

If you are ready for sleep, goodnight and don't let the-okay pray the beg bugs bite you instead of one of those monsters.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

This is actually a huge problem in the Everglades. Snakes of all different kinds have been released down there, many escape when zoos or homes are destroyed during hurricanes or just people letting pets go, but the main issue is the pythons.

The pythons get huge, reproduce rapidly, and eat everything in the food chain as they grow. Bugs, fish, birds, other snakes, deer, mice, gators and crocs, any pets, and even humans if they get the chance.

We can’t seem to kill them as fast as they reproduce even with Florida paying for each snake killed. Local predators don’t mess with them, they have basically claimed the top of the food chain in a decade.

It reminds me of an old Simpsons episode, invasive lizards take over the town, so they release cobras to kill the lizards, then mongooses to kill the cobras, then gorillas to kill the mongooses.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just what I needed to get some sleep! 😖 I can't unwatch that. But I had to xD

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I've heard that there is an outbreak of Burmese Pythons in Florida, maybe you guys need some mong-geese? I dunno the plural of mongoose-they are used in South Africa to help catch snakes in suburban areas.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This.... wow. Nope, I did not just see that..nope, didn't see that at all....

Every time one of these threads come up I do attempt to watch at least a portion of whatever is being presented. I did manage to get through a full minute of the first video. That is a good thing! Of course, there will be no sweet dreams for me this evening..lol

Thanks for helping me conquer my fear of snakes...not.

blend

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I thought the boop noodle would win.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Seen the vid before, not the biggest thing a snake gobbled up. In fact more then a few bursted from the inside because they bit on more then they could chew.

But to answer the question. Snake vs Crocodile, well generally if there going at it near the watering holes and there in Africa. Then 80% of the time its the hippo that wins that battle. In south America or north America though. Just depends on how big the croc is. But I would say its 50/50 on both sides.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
If large enough crock got a real good bite to the snakes head before the snake wraps the crock up the crock just might win. That little one though I doubt he'd win. If he bit that snake anywhere the snake would have him wrapped up before he could say," Whoah! WTF's going on here?"

I wonder what a crocodile turd will look like? Surely all that tough leather he's wearing won't digest?

edit on 8-1-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

the most interesting element is - IMHO

the snake didnt wait till the crocodile was dead

which given my understanding that once it starts a " swallow " - regurgitation is very very difficult

what could possibly go wrong

the croc was over matched though

top topics

join