It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC, NBC and ABC Networks deliberating to grant the president free airtime Wont Air TRUMP.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Their argument is that Networks "should not grant a politiation free airtime to push a political agenda"?

Do they feel this way for all polititions or just the ones they don't like? Or just for the current president?

Propaganda indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Do they feel this way for all polititions or just the ones they don't like? Or just for the current president?

Obama was refused time at one point.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Can you provide a link to that, I do not remember it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Food for thought...

So, the Democrats and FakeNews MSM are all upset because POTUS WANTS TO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO Americans.

LET THAT SINK IN FOR A MINUTE..

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I looked it up my self and now do remember the time Obama wasn't given air time.

link

The Networks didnt want to interrupt their sweeps ... that was also a dumb reason to not air a presidential address... but it's not as dangerous as setting the president that a politician shouldn't be given air time to push a political agenda.

Having a political agenda is the job description of a politician. For the Networks to now decide that politicians should not be given air time because they are politicians is plain stupid at the least ... it's a deraliction of their charge as a free press at most.

edit on 7-1-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Food for thought...

So, the Democrats and FakeNews MSM are all upset because POTUS WANTS TO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO Americans.

That is not quite right - they just want the same time on air.

Useless, in my opinion. Die hards won't turn it on, and the others are trumpets anyway.Oh, I was talking about Donalds air show "The Biggest Fence!"

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC all confirmed Monday they would carry the president’s speech at 9 p.m. Eastern time after Trump said he planned to address the country “on the humanitarian and national security crisis at our southern border.” Some cable networks, including CNN and MSNBC, which cater to smaller audiences, said they plan to air the speech as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
If the POTUS is just going to lie the whole time, why should they air it?

A national emergency over what? The same thing that's been happening since the 1980's? Now they're trying to claim thousands of terrorists are crossing the border when, just last year they said there were zero terrorists attempting to cross the border.

Trump is creating a literal false flag and most of ATS is eating it up because he's 'their guy.'

LOL, not ONE! EVHA! in the history of Earth, no terrorist has ever even attempted to cross the border on the southern side. Our nation is locked down tight. We are totally aware of every inch of our southern border. Trust me.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There's a reason why every show on Fox News has higher ratings than MSNBC or CNN's best shows. In fact, more people watch HGTV or Nick@Nite than most of the fake news broadcasts.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltdan08
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There's a reason why every show on Fox News has higher ratings than MSNBC or CNN's best shows. In fact, more people watch HGTV or Nick@Nite than most of the fake news broadcasts.

the vast majority of cable is unadulterated garbage. As for the entertainment media networks, some of them take turns smelling less like crap than others, but eventually they all show themselves for what they are. Motive driven propaganda at the worst, exaggerated buzz word dribble at the best.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wish Trump would have scheduled it directly over whatever the last award show was. Just to piss them off.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The networks had no trouble granting PELOSI and SCHUMER time to deliver their Anti-American message after the President Speaks tonight.

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: carewemust
Food for thought...

That is not quite right - they just want the same time on air.

Useless, in my opinion. Die hards won't turn it on, and the others are trumpets anyway.Oh, I was talking about Donalds air show "The Biggest Fence!"

Diehards will be told not to watch. Is more like it. Don't want their heads to explode.

Maybe their should be a warning before it starts.

edit on 8-1-2019 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
CNN’s Don Lemon says Trump’s Oval Office address should be aired on a delay in case he spews ‘propaganda’

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

from your link

“Listen, I’m not saying we should do it but do you think there should be, I don’t know, a delay of some sort? Because people will believe it, the president will say what he has to say, people will believe it whether the facts are true are not — I guess that’s a chance you take with any president, but this one is different,” Lemon elaborated. “And by the time the rebuttals come on, we’ve already promoted propaganda, possibly, unless he gets up there and tells the truth.”

this has been the print medias strategy for the entire "russia investigation", "kavanaugh hearing" ect
print crap on the front page
print the retraction tomorrow on the back page
just now lemon is worried about it?

I wonder if lemon realizes he has exposed their strategy?
More of the left accusing the president of doing what they actually do.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

this is a lie...
what ever happened to the rules around here where you werent allowed to post information that was not true?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

Then why did he have to ask for the time?
If he was just entitled to it why did he have to ask?
because this is not an emergency announcement... those loud obnoxious alarms preceding an emergency announcement are there for a reason.... Its part of a system to keep people informed in the event of an emergency... at that point the president could interrupt all broadcasting on tv and radio to make announcements. But that is not what he is doing and he had to ask for the airtime.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the leftists could, they'd ban all speech until it has been "sanitized for your protection".

Kind of like Face Book, Twitter, YouTube, Google... so on and so on...lol

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

it also requires that the use that alarm on the tv to make sure that they get everyones attention..... this is not an emergency... there is no emergency at our southern border and if the president announces that he is just lying again.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

stop

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join