It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC, NBC and ABC Networks deliberating to grant the president free airtime Wont Air TRUMP.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
SO it begins.... JUst look at the Comments

MSNBC, NBC and ABC have not confirmed plans to air President Trump's Oval Office address to the nation regarding the government shutdown.

The debate over whether the Trump address should be carried live or not was prominent among media members on social media, with some noting the networks still deliberating should not grant the president free airtime to push a political agenda

thehill.com...
edit on Mon Jan 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Jan 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don't think is up to them to decide to air or not a presidential emergency declaration if they do not agree with it. Pull their FCC licenses.

I am pretty sure there must be a LAW somewhere that they HAVE to broadcast an emergency whether they like it or not...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I thought they were fake news..
Fundamentally, wont it become fake news by osmosis?

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

I don't think is up to them to decide to air or not a presidential emergency declaration if they do not agree with it. Pull their FCC licenses.

This isn't the nineties, everyone has internet and you can watch it on fox.

If they don't want to air it, that should be their choice.

If a corporation doesn't like a president and decides to hurt their business because of it, so be it.

It should be telling to people.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

They are so dumb.

I would invite their competitors and make them buy footage of the address to the nation.

Maybe a European or Australian journal.

Or, just take over the airwaves.

We elected him not the media. I am tired of them thinking that our government is any of their business beyond reporting or as citizens.

Policymakers they are not.

I don't care anymore. This wasn't going to end well anyway. Let's get the god damned party started.

Something has to give. I think it finally has.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex

I am pretty sure there must be a LAW somewhere that they HAVE to broadcast an emergency whether they like it or not...

Did you think that when networks declined to show addresses by Obama? Just curious.

I am pretty sure there is NOT a law somewhere saying that, though, and as long as networks are fulfilling their license obligations then there’s fine.

Sorry bout your luck

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Just dropping this here...

The Emergency Alert System is a national public warning system that requires TV and radio broadcasters, cable television systems, wireless cable systems, satellite digital audio radio service providers, direct broadcast satellite service providers and wireline video service providers to offer to the President the communications capability to address the American public during a national emergency.

FCC Website

So we'll see...

edit on 7-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Pull their licenses, make them shut down and fine the # out of them if they do not air any presidents speech on at least one of their network channels. If any president of the United States wants a speech aired, it should be aired. Who the hell do the heads of these networks think they are, they should be put in their place if this happens.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: ATSAlex

Did you think that when networks declined to show addresses by Obama? Just curious.

I am pretty sure there is NOT a law somewhere saying that, though, and as long as networks are fulfilling their license obligations then there’s fine.

Sorry bout your luck

edit on 7-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
yea don't care. Let them not air it. Its their business (or lack thereof, I should say). I will see it on FOX or the internet as already mentioned.

They can deliberate all they want, watch how quickly they do not go through with it though.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thats great. The President doesnt need them at any his then. They can just stay away. Perfect. Solved.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the networks didn't air Obama's address on immigration in 2014. they thought it too political.

why should they do differently now?

it's funny you all are so butt hurt, tho.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
the networks didn't air Obama's address on immigration in 2014. they thought it too political.

why should they do differently now?

it's funny you all are so butt hurt, tho.

We didn't pout and refuse to do our job. Now did we?

edit on 1 7 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

absolutely I think the trumpy is pouting and not doing his job.

the great negotiator my ass. it's funny.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If a National Emergency happens and I don't hear about it, then did it really even happen?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie
Actually I believe you are finding quite the opposite of butt hurt in here. In fact, I am fairly certain there is currently a page of apathy for the most part.

But if its so important to you, I encourage you to umm... like, do something, or something? It might require effort, so your probably not up for it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

What's funny?

The serious nature of a world leaders ability to do his job?

That is funny to you? How long has the forced smile hidden defeat after defeat? What were otherwise victories for many fellow Americans..

Only the wall remains. Check his list of campaign promises. He is taking care of business

Great critic my ass.

edit on 1 7 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The fact that the potus REQUESTED time and may be denied is insane.
Give equal time to Chuck and Nancy and go about your business.
Wow.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
so, has he declared a national emergency?? are you claiming that he is planning on doing so?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join