It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Breatharian phenomenon: a case of fish refusing to follow the frog on to the land.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

i was hoping that " they " might find a more successful advocate

but regards Jasmuheen - the funnies quote i read was something like :

its more amazing - how her husband eats so much and maintains a healthy weight

[ after a cursory review of how much food the bought // week ]

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

thanks for the link; its an interesting article. I wonder what the OP thinks about it now?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes they have:

www.independent.co.uk...

This is "Jasmuheen" who did just that. The results, were disappointing. Fraudster, and married to one, too - apparently.

She is eating chocolate biscuits.

3 Ms Greve, a former Brisbane businesswoman who prefers to be known as Jasmuheen, maintains that she has eaten nothing for five years except for the occasional chocolate biscuit. She says that she is nourished by "Pranic energy" in the atmosphere, and she has made a fortune from lectures and books that expound the wonders of "living on light".

edit on 01CST10America/Chicago046101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

When she did the controlled test (no choccy biccys allowed!) she lasted 4 days, apparently.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

When she did the controlled test (no choccy biccys allowed!) she lasted 4 days, apparently.

4 days without choccy biccys is quite a great feat

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Perhaps she is actually a Choccybiccyarian?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Perhaps she is actually a Choccybiccyarian?

Your comment makes me wonder if a person can survive on just liquid, sunlight and one chosen type of food. I guess some people in the world had only rice and water to eat, so I answered my own question.
edit on 01CST10America/Chicago057101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Lifelong vegitarian here!

Pranayama is interesting and there have been some to have claimed to live on the energy of air alone.

I think eventually with science we can understand this process and bring about these effects with our technology.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Lifelong vegitarian here!

Pranayama is interesting and there have been some to have claimed to live on the energy of air alone.

I think eventually with science we can understand this process and bring about these effects with our technology.

Pranayama is certainly interesting, I only started taking it seriously after I had done my research into the Wim Hof method and his breathing technique.

I think science does already understand a great deal of the underlying processes behind this, as I outlined in my OP, and many have indeed undergone rigorous testing, like Prahlad Jani, Michael Werner, Ray Maor, who also appeared on television during his 8-day "custody" (with cameras all around) while he consumed neither food nor any drink.

www.youtube.com...

Jamusheen also had a test, but like I have already pointed out she was locked in a room in a city with no fresh air and noise, not conducive to meditation and a peaceful mind, without which maintaining a breatharian lifestyle is hardly possible. Your mind must be open to the in-streaming energies of the Universe as a pre-requisite in the first place, to become a breatharian, doing it to save money will just get you starved to death. As a piece of warning here, In the past 30 years 50.000 people have transitioned, that number does not include all those (about the same number, based on reported success ratios in workshops) who tried but were not ready and therefore did not transition, yet 4 of these people managed to ignore the signs that they were not ready, managed to not follow the guidelines (vitally important, quite literally) and consequently died due to the resulting starvation.

I think that anyone who wants to think about this seriously for themselves must first and foremost, before any attempt, look deep inside and be clear about whether they have a "call" for this, and secondly, to always follow the guidelines, which are always carefully set out no matter which process you follow. Being "spiritual" or being a regular meditator do not in and of themselves guarantee a successful transition. You can't do this with the goal simply being "never to have to eat again", or to save money, and as I explained a B lifestyle does not even mean that you will never eat again. Ray Maor himself explains this:

What Breatharian guides don't want you to know about pranic living:

www.youtube.com...

He has tons more videos on his channel not only on this topic but also about general fasting, minimalism and many others related to spiritualism and an eco-conscious living. He also has a video about his own journey, which you will see is completely different from mine, although we seem to have ended up in similar positions and view eventually, with him being more "attached" to the world, not only by being a spiritual teacher but also living in the city. As in all groups, Bs also come from all walks of life and will end up living different lives even after the transition. Not everyone wants to live isolated in a remote eco-village like we do.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Did you miss this part of Jamusheen's article, willful ignorance?

"Two days into the fast, producers moved her to a mountain retreat, but 48 hours later Dr Wenck warned that Jasmuheen faced kidney damage if she persisted. At this point, the presenter, Richard Carlton, asked Jasmuheen: "Can you come to the intelligent view yet that you can't survive on air?"

Her customary whining tones made faint by malnutrition, she said: "No, that's not true, because I've done it for a long period, and 6,000 people around the world have done this without any problem.""

Even in nature she wasn't able to prove it.

a reply to: Rolci

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join