It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kane and Able... It's all in your head!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cain slew Able.... the farmer slew the hunter. The agricultural revolution effectively wiped out the nomadic hunter/gatherer.

The farmer seeks to destroy anything that competes with his resources to produce food... to feed more people... to work the land... to feed more people. It's unsustainable..... Cain is cursed and marked.

Read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
I doubt it's as simple as that, but any excessive does harm where as moderation seems to be the key to health I have found

Please tell me that this is not a Thread Death. Surely Lucifer will get at least one of his grunt daemons to come along and shut me up in this thread and outside the thread in the real world.

That fallen Cherub is such a luuuzzzer.

Yahushua will gladly make His entire universe one big happy realm. Yet there is this little teeny weeny assh@ole in the background, screwing everything up for the mortal peasants who want peace, hope & optimism.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

the Biblical story of Cain killing Abel symbolizes the "Leavers" (those who only take what they need from nature and leave the rest) being killed off and their lands taken so that it could be put under cultivation. These ancient herders realized that the Takers (those who take from nature until there is nothing left) were acting as if they were gods themselves, with all the wisdom of what is good and evil and how to rule the world: agriculture is, in fact, an attempt to more greatly create and control life, a power that only gods can hold, not humans..... the Takers' Agricultural Revolution was a revolution in trying to strenuously and destructively live above the laws of nature, against the Leavers' more ecologically peaceful story of living by the laws of nature.

Abel's extinction metaphorically represents the nomadic Semites' losing in their conflict with agriculturalists. As they were driven further into the Arabian peninsula, the Semites became isolated from other herding cultures.... (and) illustrated their plight through oral history, which was later adopted into the Hebrew book of Genesis.

Ishmael (novel) - Wikipedia

new topics

<< 1   >>

join