It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg won't sit for SCOTUS arguments??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: carewemust
^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you (or anyone) know where the rules are located that govern Supreme Court Justices and Procedures?

Congressmen (House and Senate) must be physically present in the chamber, in order to cast a vote. How much leeway does the Supreme Court give individual justices? That's what I want to know. Where can I find the rules?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

she has only missed one day, and for all we know she will be back sitting on the bench before any decisions are handed down. as if you believe that no justice should ever be allowed to take any time off which I am pretty sure that there's been cases where they called in sick a day or two.. it's not in the least bit feasible. people get sick and sometimes need to take time off work to get better. sane people would rather they do that than to come in and make everyone around them sick as well.
tell ya what, if she's out for a couple weeks or more, come back and whine, I'll be more apt to entertain your complaints. but as of now, you seem to be jumping the gun a tad!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
She's getting some upgrades so she can be on the bench for 2,000 years!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If Ginsburg doesn’t have to be present for oral arguments, why should any of the justices have to be present?
Does anyone think that is a good idea?
I don’t.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

she has only missed one day, and for all we know she will be back sitting on the bench before any decisions are handed down. as if you believe that no justice should ever be allowed to take any time off which I am pretty sure that there's been cases where they called in sick a day or two.. it's not in the least bit feasible. people get sick and sometimes need to take time off work to get better. sane people would rather they do that than to come in and make everyone around them sick as well.
tell ya what, if she's out for a couple weeks or more, come back and whine, I'll be more apt to entertain your complaints. but as of now, you seem to be jumping the gun a tad!

No offense but, do you know how the SCOTUS works?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

do you???

Transcripts of today's oral arguments..

www.supremecourt.gov...

www.supremecourt.gov...

but there's more information available to the justices than just the oral arguments in the form of briefs....

www.scotusblog.com...

www.scotusblog.com...

want to know what Justice Ginsburg missed today??
www.scotusblog.com...-278362

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Honestly, she's gotten to the point where even when she's there, she aint' exactly sitting. I think they have to tie her up in her seat.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is what I thought when John mccain was calling shots in Syria and elsewhere.

He would go through these brutal procedures, on multiple meds.

And no one questioned his competency in that state, especially when making important decisions?

This ladies countire abilities seem gone

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Im just curious- do people not trust the other 8 members of SCOTUS? I mean- surely if this is a gigantic issue to her performing her duties, the other 8 would have said or done something...

This only seems to bother those who want to replace her. I find that odd (s/)

I think you are close to the truth. Now, if the roles were reversed, would you still have the same opinion?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

raise your hand if you believe she can stay awake to review the transcripts.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
RBG couldn’t stay awake at the SOTU address.
Her excuse was that she was drunk.

Nice fallback, Ruth.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Honestly, she's gotten to the point where even when she's there, she aint' exactly sitting. I think they have to tie her up in her seat.

Gingsburg isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Since when have the Democrats let a little thing like death get in the way?

edi t on 57131America/ChicagoTue, 08 Jan 2019 10:57:28 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
She missed a second day now.

Rumors abound...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

...or stay awake to type up the opinion.

Hence the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join