It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need to Impeach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A list of Trump’s 7 pardons

As of July 10, 2018, Republican President Donald Trump has issued seven pardons and four commutations:

Joe Arpaio, former Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona, was convicted of contempt of court and was awaiting sentencing. Pardoned on August 25, 2017.

Sholom Rubashkin, an Iowa meatpacking magnate sentenced to 27 years in prison for bank fraud in 2010 after what many considered an overzealous prosecution. Commuted on December 20, 2017.

Kristian Saucier, a former U.S. Navy sailor convicted of unauthorized possession and retention of national defense information in 2016. Pardoned on March 9, 2018.

Lewis "Scooter" Libby, convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice in connection with the CIA leak scandal. Pardoned on April 13, 2018, following an earlier commutation by President George W. Bush in July 2007, shortly after his conviction.

Jack Johnson, a champion boxer who was convicted in 1913 while traveling with his white girlfriend for violating the Mann Act, which made it illegal to transport women across state lines for "immoral" purposes. Posthumously pardoned on May 24, 2018.

Dinesh D'Souza, author and documentary film maker, convicted of campaign finance violations in 2014. Pardoned on May 31, 2018.

Alice Marie Johnson, first-time drug offender sentenced to life without parole in 1996 for conspiracy to possess coc aine, attempted possession of coc aine, and money laundering. Commuted on June 6, 2018.

Dwight Hammond and Steven Hammond, ranchers convicted in 2012 of two counts of arson on federal land. Commuted and pardoned on July 10, 2018.

source

So which one is the abuse of pardon power? Jack Johnson?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I believe many people will think there is a coup d'etat if Dems try to impeach.

I would make sure that was not the case before moving on.

If it was, then oh F, and F it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

He farted and didnt say pardon me.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Woah look at the sweet limited edition spatula, I bet there’s alota idiots flipping their tofu burgers with that thinking they did something for the cause.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
double post
edit on 7-1-2019 by Quantumgamer1776 because: The voices

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
The Democrats pushing for impeachment know they can't actually impeach him with the current political makeup. Those strongly advocating it are doing so more as a promise to their constituents and out of principle rather than any real expectation of impeachment.

I can't think of any scenario where the Republican majority senate actually goes through with it.

why would a promise to constituents be important?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
While watching some 'redneck,' recently beardless, local yokal form the ATS community, I found myself confronted with an ad that I'd not seen.

This yokel sounds like an interesting fellow!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JinMI

The problem is the entire system of governance in the US. The US should restructure to adopt a Canadian style Parliamentary form of government. The current system isn't sustainable.

hate to tell you, but there are many Canadians who would like to change the Canadian government election system to more like the system in the US. specifically electing the leader of the country in a separation from the party who wins the most government seats. that way people could be free to elect who they feel will be the best representative for their area. without having to take into consideration that by doing so will end up putting someone like Trudeau in office. this is the suspected reason Trudeau ditched his election reform. not to mention changing the fact that the Canadian senate is made up with political appointees who serve for life. to actually letting the PEOPLE decide and change their representatives in the senate at regular intervals like in the US. and those are actually the two main differences between the two systems. ell other than the fact that Canada still has a representative of the queen/king of England involved to deal with. and technically the king/queen could veto laws (although they (the queen currently) has promised not to do so.

as for impeachment of Trump. i have seen nothing worthy of actually impeaching him of. in fact if he gets impeached, then the truth is that Obama should have been impeached. and like people have said impeachment would become almost automatic for the party who the President is not a part of. thus derailing the will of the people. and in this case where if they can somehow get rid of the Vice President as well (as has been discussed and called for by democrats), currently the next up for the job would be from the opposing party. the party who were the reason many put Trump into place in the first place to guard against in the first place. which could in fact lead to some rather serious issues such as things like civil war. since it could be rightly interpreted as a power grab by the democrats.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wayfarer
The Democrats pushing for impeachment know they can't actually impeach him with the current political makeup. Those strongly advocating it are doing so more as a promise to their constituents and out of principle rather than any real expectation of impeachment.

I can't think of any scenario where the Republican majority senate actually goes through with it.

why would a promise to constituents be important?

Assumptively because its something they wanted, so even if she can't accomplish it, she can say she carried the metaphorical banner so to speak (which theoretically allows her to maintain support of said followers after impeachment stalls).

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Thanks for that information. I can understand Canadians wanting to change their system.

Truth be told, if you take a look at the way the Founders originally set up the system in the US, much has been changed and has deformed the oiginal system to the point that it no longer works very well. So for example, back in the day, only property owners had a right to vote because it was considered they would vote responsibly because they owned a stake in the outcome and in the system. That has changed to the point that now, in California example, everyone can vote, including non-citizens.

Our Senators used to be appointed out of the States, now they are elected.

The result is that the "Republic" has been erased and is being replaced with a pure Democracy in which every idiot can vote and elections are near all fraudulent. The US is being set up for a Dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JinMI
While watching some 'redneck,' recently beardless, local yokal form the ATS community, I found myself confronted with an ad that I'd not seen.

This yokel sounds like an interesting fellow!

Could be, but given that he's just a redneck, probably not.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I'm sure after the speech tonight, there will be a full house rally to get it going. More than likely not ever leaving said house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join