It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need to Impeach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
While watching some 'redneck,' recently beardless, local yokal form the ATS community, I found myself confronted with an ad that I'd not seen.

Need to Impeach

So, what are the offenses you may be wondering, well they are listed:

1: Obstructing Justice
2: Violating the Emoluments Clause
3: Conspiring with others to commit crimes against the United States and attempting to conceal those violations
4: Advocating violence and undermining equal protection under the law
5: Abusing the pardon power
6: Engaging in conduct that grossly endangers the peace and security of the United States
7: Directing law enforcement to investigate and prosecute political adversaries for improper and unjustifiable purposes
8: Undermining the freedom of press
9: Cruelly and unconstitutionally imprisoning children and their families
10: Violating campaign finance laws

Quite the list! Of course, this highly partisan and wholly silly petition is in effect worthless bloviating. The type of rhetoric to get one amped up and feel like they've done something.

Even by the NYT own estimations they don't amount to much:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Let me know when the Dems win the Senate.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I am far from a Trump fan, but I don't think he should be impeached. At least not with any current evidence available to the public.

I wouldn't mind if some became available though.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I am far from a Trump fan, but I don't think he should be impeached. At least not with any current evidence available to the public.

I wouldn't mind if some became available though.

I say impeach him if there is evidence of crimes. But this whole impeach thing isn't a very smart move by the left. One day we will have a president from the Democrat party with a Republican controlled house and senate. Hopefully, they won't be as immature as the left are being now because the precedent they are setting is very dangerous.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Didn't you see the clear list??!! I mean it even went all the way up to 10!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Saw a political analysis show on the TV the other day and they were talking about the history of impeachment and how, since Clinton, its become sort of a default opposition tactic to take. The point made was that its pretty dangerous actually because it undermines the credibility of the entire electoral process by which POTUS is elected. I would have to guess that as soon as a Dem is elected POTUS, investigations will be launched and cries for impeachment will be heard through out the land.

Truthfully?

The problem is the entire system of governance in the US. The US should restructure to adopt a Canadian style Parliamentary form of government. The current system isn't sustainable.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Personally, I think we should start impeachment proceedings on the next democrat president.

It may not be for 6 years or 10, but why wait when we can avoid the Christmas rush!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As someone who opposes Trump I don’t want him impeached.

Bad idea.

Would cause chaos and I hardly thing old mike would do any better

Honestly my preferred option would be to male him an inept president for the next few years so he can’t cause any kind of damage then after he loses in 2020 launch a criminal investigation and send him behind bars of a crime is proven.

But even I don’t think impeachment is a good idea.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Democrats pushing for impeachment know they can't actually impeach him with the current political makeup. Those strongly advocating it are doing so more as a promise to their constituents and out of principle rather than any real expectation of impeachment.

I can't think of any scenario where the Republican majority senate actually goes through with it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Better or worse than the current chaos?

Are you saying the current ongoing investigation won't amount to anything?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I very much agree. While I do not like Trump, that is certainly not a reason to impeach. I feel as if those screaming for impeachment are being crybabies. There is suspicion of foul play, but that proves nothing. We should not set a precedent that impeachment is no big deal and something to do when you don't win.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
While watching some 'redneck,' recently beardless, local yokal form the ATS community, I found myself confronted with an ad that I'd not seen.

Need to Impeach

So, what are the offenses you may be wondering, well they are listed:

1: Obstructing Justice
2: Violating the Emoluments Clause
3: Conspiring with others to commit crimes against the United States and attempting to conceal those violations
4: Advocating violence and undermining equal protection under the law
5: Abusing the pardon power
6: Engaging in conduct that grossly endangers the peace and security of the United States
7: Directing law enforcement to investigate and prosecute political adversaries for improper and unjustifiable purposes
8: Undermining the freedom of press
9: Cruelly and unconstitutionally imprisoning children and their families
10: Violating campaign finance laws

Quite the list! Of course, this highly partisan and wholly silly petition is in effect worthless bloviating. The type of rhetoric to get one amped up and feel like they've done something.

Even by the NYT own estimations they don't amount to much:
www.nytimes.com...

Did not click your linky but after reading that list am curious if it says whether this is old ad about Obama (pre-2016) or is a current ad about impeaching Trump? Totally confused...but will now read other posts to see if it gets clarified.

Edit add: Seems most assume this is about Trump...but will disagree that there is not enough evidence to IMPEACH current POTUS just as there was not enough evidence to Impeach prior.
edit on 1 7 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yeah but none of these things on the list are really that big of a deal, amiright?
They should cut Trump some slack since he's not really a politician or a nice guy, he doesn't know any better or I'm sure he wouldn't have done those things - which aren't really anything that we all don't already do on a day to day basis anyways.
I mean, we should cut this guy some slack, can't you see that we are totally winning?
I'm pretty sure that if you are ignorant of a certain law then you are not guilty of breaking it. Pretty sure. Don't quote me but pretty sure. Bigly.

edit on 7-1-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Unless you want to hand over your info there's no reason to click. This gist is posted.

I really wanted to go in depths to the obvious parallels but I think folks can easily see that themselves as you did.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Some are concerned with the factual nature of the allegations.

6m and counting, not so much.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cool marketing gimmick.

There be money in political trolling, but then all the politicians know that lesson.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The way I see it, both Dems and Reps want to further expand the division in this country. Pretty sad IMHO.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
The Democrats pushing for impeachment know they can't actually impeach him with the current political makeup. Those strongly advocating it are doing so more as a promise to their constituents and out of principle rather than any real expectation of impeachment.

I can't think of any scenario where the Republican majority senate actually goes through with it.

I don’t know what the investigation will reveal I suspect it could show some level guilt on Trump.

But if he was impeached I think it would cause political and economic chaos not to mention violence.

So yes remove trump things will be worse

Right now with the dems controlling the house they can limit his ability to cause damage right now without causing that kind of damage. When he is out of office then let the justice system deal with him of a crime has been committed.

Right now as it stands keep things as they are I guess it’s possible down the line that the best option could change and that might mean impeachment. For me though right now I think it’s best to let him have the next two years

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We need to impeach first, Pelossi, Waters, Pocahontas & Occasio....by then maybe Mueller will have finished his thingy

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

especially like #7

Careful what you wish for Democrats............. They seem to have short memory spans.

As for 5: Abusing the pardon power. Marc Rich.....

I rest my case.

edit on 7-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join