It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to snowflakes when there is no snow?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Waters called it the “latest knee-jerk liberal mockery of conservatives,” who “stand accused on absolutely no evidence of being offended by something.” Conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News that the mainstream media is “so desperate to make conservatives look bad that they will invent a controversy when there isn’t one,” with the Ocasio-Cortez video the latest example. “If you want to look up the very definition of fake news, look no further than the faux controversy over the AOC dancing video. Literally, every single conservative I saw comment on the video said it actually made her more likable, and yet our shameless mainstream media spends days pushing the narrative that conservatives attacked her,” Barron said. “Must be nice being a liberal.”

Apparently the video of AOC dancing upset some folks. But not who you think. LWNJ's in the MSM seem to be manufacturing outrage over backlash that never happened. So yea, fake news yet again?

My opinion of her, she is cute, and a bit clueless. She has Charisma, and isn't afraid of speaking. (even if she hasn't a clue of the subject) I feel like if the right folks help her out, she may turn out to be a formidable force in the future. She is already in the right place, and taking a lesson from Trump, getting news coverage of almost everything she does or says, so her brand recognition will be strong. I think to count her out at this stage is nuts. Sure she has a lot to learn, but she just might. If they offer her a calculator, and a vacation to Venezuela, it may help her political thoughts a bit as well.

Lefties, if you want to be angry at your opposition, super, but please, don't feel as if you need to manufacture a reason, just say you don't like us because the Orange man is bad, and we get it. Be honest. It's the best policy.

edit on 7-1-2019 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I saw a few conservatives hating on the video, but they were not public figures. They, unfortunately, were my Facebook friends.

She is too far left for me, but like you said her name recognition was strong before she even took office. I would not rule her out for the future.

I do appreciate the fact she rolls with the punches.

ETA: It is not unfortunate that I have friends on Facebook that are conservatives. It is unfortunate that they were hating on the video, IMO.
edit on 7-1-2019 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I read the article earlier today and without Fox the left gets no news other than Trump this Trump that. Sad and scary state of affairs they live in.

Fake news because there was no news

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

there will be those who hate her just to hate her, kind of like trump haters. And in their defense, she says some really, really dumb things. But she is fresh and new. And if she was quiet, I doubt she would have been elected, and certainly wouldn't have the notoriety she has now.

I'd love to see someone who thought more along the lines I do, have this kind of social presence. But I don't think the world is ready for my version of normal.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ocasio-Cortez attended Yorktown High School, graduating in 2007,[16] where she won second prize in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair with a microbiology research project on the effect of antioxidants on C. elegans' lifespan.[17] As a result, the International Astronomical Union named a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez.[18][19] In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute's Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a John F. Lopez Fellowship.[20]

She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in international relations and a minor in economics.[20][24][25]

Source

29-year-old Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes history as the youngest woman ever elected to Congress

Source

I only wish my kids were a "clueless" as this young woman.

Seems like she has been pretty successful in life so far, and I can only hope that my 22 year son does as well with the college fund he earned in the Marine Corp in his education and future endeavors.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

please tell him to give it his all and thank him for protecting my freedom. And please tell him Semper Fi.
edit on 7-1-2019 by network dude because: can't spell to save my damn life.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Ocasio-Cortez attended Yorktown High School, graduating in 2007,[16] where she won second prize in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair with a microbiology research project on the effect of antioxidants on C. elegans' lifespan.[17] As a result, the International Astronomical Union named a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez.[18][19] In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute's Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a John F. Lopez Fellowship.[20]

She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in international relations and a minor in economics.[20][24][25]

Source

29-year-old Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes history as the youngest woman ever elected to Congress

Source

I only wish my kids were a "clueless" as this young woman.

Seems like she has been pretty successful in life so far, and I can only hope that my 22 year son does as well with the college fund he earned in the Marine Corp in his education and future endeavors.

Kind of odd how her education resume doesn't match up with anything she speaks out loud, from her own mouth.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What happens to snowflakes when there is no snow?

they become rain?

Thanks ill be here all night.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

please tell him to give it his all and thank him for protecting my freedom. And please tell hem Semper Fi.

Willco.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is one of the reasons why our country is in such a bad place right now. Can you honestly say that conservatives don't do the exact same thing? How many stories have been posted on this site that liberals want to take away our guns? How many stories about liberals wanting to destroy Christmas? Or what about stories about liberals wanting the US to fail?

Sure, there are some wacko's out there that actually believe those things, but they are a very small minority. It's the same way on the other side as well. Sure, there are wacko's out there that believe this dance video makes her unfit for office or some other trash. The same way that Fox News attacked Obama for asking for Dijon mustard on his burger.

Snowflakes exist on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

your whataboutism is still strong, so I commend you on it. Just so you know, if it wasn't for the constant vigilance by the gun nuters, I think the folks who want to remove all guns would have gained a lot more ground. You are free to pretend they don't exist, but the people in Boulder CO. know that those folks really do exist.

It may only be a few, but those few seem really determined. I sure won't relax and pretend they aren't there. as they say, that dog won't hunt.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

Waters called it the “latest knee-jerk liberal mockery of conservatives,” who “stand accused on absolutely no evidence of being offended by something.” Conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News that the mainstream media is “so desperate to make conservatives look bad that they will invent a controversy when there isn’t one,” with the Ocasio-Cortez video the latest example. “If you want to look up the very definition of fake news, look no further than the faux controversy over the AOC dancing video. Literally, every single conservative I saw comment on the video said it actually made her more likable, and yet our shameless mainstream media spends days pushing the narrative that conservatives attacked her,” Barron said. “Must be nice being a liberal.”

Apparently the video of AOC dancing upset some folks. But not who you think. LWNJ's in the MSM seem to be manufacturing outrage over backlash that never happened. So yea, fake news yet again?

My opinion of her, she is cute, and a bit clueless. She has Charisma, and isn't afraid of speaking. (even if she hasn't a clue of the subject) I feel like if the right folks help her out, she may turn out to be a formidable force in the future. She is already in the right place, and taking a lesson from Trump, getting news coverage of almost everything she does or says, so her brand recognition will be strong. I think to count her out at this stage is nuts. Sure she has a lot to learn, but she just might. If they offer her a calculator, and a vacation to Venezuela, it may help her political thoughts a bit as well.

Lefties, if you want to be angry at your opposition, super, but please, don't feel as if you need to manufacture a reason, just say you don't like us because the Orange man is bad, and we get it. Be honest. It's the best policy.

It's all designed to make her immune to criticism.

The video came out as a distraction from the Green Plan.

Now they can tie the outrage over the Plan to her dancing video.

Its ridiculously transparent.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I think she's probably far more intelligent than people give her credit for... The fact that she's obviously a little cutie, is just an added bonus.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

New blood cannot be bad. Anyway, she says she was waitressing when she decided to run, so her stance on free college for all is a bit out of touch if she has a Bachelor's and all the other accolades. Lets spend trillions of dollars to make a bunch of servants.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I have no doubt she has some smarts, but have you listened to some of the dumb things she says? It's not made up, it's for real. I think she just feels like she has to have an opinion on everything, even if she has no information about it. I think she will learn and do better as time passes. Just as I didn't feel it was fair to judge Trump on how good he was as being president in his first week, it's not fair to judge her career this early.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Honestly is most definitely the best policy. In the interest of that, this was definitely not fake news:

AnonymousQ tweeted the following quote, accompanied by the video of her dancing:

"Here is America's favorite commie know-it-all acting like the clueless nitwit she is"

That tweet is what started all of the hubbub about the video. Democrats defended her after the fact. That means, by definition, Democrats didn't manufacture this.

So, in fact, right wing people called her out for the video. The same way they called her out for saying she wouldn't be able to afford an apartment in DC until she got paid. And the same way they called her out for wearing nice clothes during a photo shoot. The same way you're all calling her out for being clueless, despite her education credentials and the fact that she holds the position she does at 29 years old.

For her being a clueless idiot that knows nothing and is of no real threat to American politics because of the fact that she knows nothing, you conservatives sure seem to have to call her out and put her down a lot.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah sure if you like that bug eyed snaggle tooth borderline insane look she’s got going on I guess you could call her a “cutie”.

Personally the cuteness wears off when I hear her talk about giving all my hard earned money to the government so they can spend it on god knows what failed social program that encourages people to be dependent on the government.

Not to mention evertime she in a interview her stats are all over the place and inaccurate.

But yeah she’s real “cute”...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Crazy eyes Cortez is a nutter. If people recognize her, it'll be that she is dumb. With those teeth she looks like she could eat an apple through a picket fence.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Normally that show up here and parrot right talking points, pretending like they could actually fashion their own thoughts. a reply to: network dude

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
Honestly is most definitely the best policy. In the interest of that, this was definitely not fake news:

AnonymousQ tweeted the following quote, accompanied by the video of her dancing:

"Here is America's favorite commie know-it-all acting like the clueless nitwit she is"

That tweet is what started all of the hubbub about the video. Democrats defended her after the fact. That means, by definition, Democrats didn't manufacture this.

So, in fact, right wing people called her out for the video. The same way they called her out for saying she wouldn't be able to afford an apartment in DC until she got paid. And the same way they called her out for wearing nice clothes during a photo shoot. The same way you're all calling her out for being clueless, despite her education credentials and the fact that she holds the position she does at 29 years old.

For her being a clueless idiot that knows nothing and is of no real threat to American politics because of the fact that she knows nothing, you conservatives sure seem to have to call her out and put her down a lot.

Who is this account? Why was it immediately shut down afterwards? How do you know that person is conservative?

You are so gullible. This dancing video is virtually the ONLY thing the right hasn't criticized her for, other than this one account that th left ASSUMES is from the right. Is it that hard to believe that this was a pre-planned move from the left or even Cortez herself?

Agajn, virtually no one other than an anonymous Twitter page has criticized her for the dancing video. In fact, the vast majority of public faces of the right openly said they enjoyed it and admitted that it made her more likeable.

Conveniently the dance video came out at the same time as the Green Moron Plan she came up with and lo and behold all the outrage over THAT is being held up as criticism of the dance video.

Seriously man, wake up. Good lord.
edit on 8-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join