It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Spent 2500 Points on a Background Image. Where is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I just spent half my ATS points on a background image, but it won't come up. Can someone fix this/tell me how to fix it/refund my points?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by invader_chris]

JAK

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
I just spent half my ATS points on a background image, but it won't come up. Can someone fix this/tell me how to fix it/refund my points?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by invader_chris]

What address have you put in?

If you look at the address space you will see:

abovetopsecret.com/forum/uploads/

As part of the address that is fixed which gives the impression that background images can only be use when loaded into your personal ATS upload space. Seeing as the member upload center is temporarily offline you cannot have uploaded to there thus giving an incorrect upload address.

I have an image I am waiting to use for this, but as the center is offline I presumed somthing like this might happen, so I haven't yet.

I am not sure that this is the case, but it is why I am waiting at present.

Please enter the name of a file you've uploaded to the ATS uploads directory. Only images in this directory will appear as your custom profile background image, and make sure you type the image name EXACTLY as it appears in your upload center

Jack

[edit on 27/2/05 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
mine done that when i brought it, it never showed up, so i just ignored it. To be honest, im glad it didnt show up in the end

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hey im thinking about spendign those 2.5k points on background image, the iage i want is pretty damn long, will it all be shown up or just enough for the post and no more ?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by invader_chris

Your background is showing up as

'http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/http:img224.exs.cximg22427'

which means you didn't enter it correctly. Hopefully a mod can fix it for you or refund your points.

You need to upload it to the ATS member upload space, you can't use an external webserver for a background image (at least last time I did it).

[edit on 9/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 9/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
no fella i aint done it yet, im thinking about it but my image is very very long, will it all show up, or just the lenth of the post, so will it be removed for being too long or not ?

Take Care, Vix

(P.S thanks for fast reply)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i just tryed to put a back ground image on, you know the one, costs 2.5k points ? well ig ot it. Good times
it has NOT came up, bad times

i typed in.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

thats what i wanted as the back ground image, have i done this wrong ? is there a way of fixing it that wont cost me a further 2,500 points ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
When entering the image URL use only this part:

ats47454_037.jpg

Hope this helps.

Check your U2Us.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

The problem looks like you put in the entire URL when you're only supposed to put in the file name

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Looks like you got it Vix.

You should add a blank transparent GIF as your avatar to space it out more, like this one:

users.rcn.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
He might not understand.

Hey Vix, if you put that little gif in as your avatar, it moves all that writing down to Jessica's, uh, knees or feet.

Try it.

HTH.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've recently tried to get a background image as well, but it's not showing up. I typed in the filename exactly, and nothing. Is it because I purchased a background color?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think I picked the wrong time to do this. Actually I'm sure I did. I uploaded an image, which went here:

files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/

but the fixed path that the 'store' needs it to be in is:

So because of the recent changes with the addition of the spectacular new media portal, I've screwed myself out of 2500 points.

Any chance I can get them back? I don't mind waiting for all the changes to be implemented but if I'm just s### outta luck I'm gonna cry. Ok maybe not, but I guarantee there will be pouting.

[edit to remove link]

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Teratoma]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Nope, that's also incorrect. You need the filename, not the path.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Hi Badge, thanks for responding. Let me clarify, this is where my uploaded file went:

files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats65043_bart_wall_2.jpg

but the store has this path:

...with a blank to fill in for just the file name, which I did; but since the store's and actual upload's paths are not the same, the background is not showing. Disappointment ensues.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

It would seem somewhat of a transition issue, i believe.

I uploaded your image to my Member upload space and got the same result when attempting to use it as a background-image - blank space. Though, when I used an image that had been uploaded some time back it's shows up just fine, despite it having the same path (link) in my list of uploaded files [files.abovetopsecret.com/...]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Yeah, that's what I figured. So, is there anything anyone can do about it, or am I just out 2.5K ATS points?

Should I just be patient, or should I wait till the dust settles with the new features and bring it up again later?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the refund, 12m8keall2c! I know you guys have your hands full with the transition so - much appreciated.

I'm sure all these issues will be ironed out soon - I just picked the wrong time to buy a background. I made it for my ATSMedia profile and liked it so much that I wanted to use it here too!

FYI it's based on the wall in one of the San Francisco BART stations - thus the file name.

Anyway, thanks again!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ahh. Now I've not only been refunded, but my background is now displaying properly. Which brings up more questions:

1: Did one of you guys have to manually change something to get it to display? The file is still in the files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads directory, but the store still wants things that are in the abovetopsecret.com/forum/uploads/ one.

2. Should I decide to change it, will I be putting everyone through this same process again? Should I just wait until the new media portal is officially launched (as opposed to softly)?

Only after seeing the background in action, I realized I made it too short. I wasn't sure if the image would tile, so I made a tall one with a gradient at the top. I have one that is simply a single tile that I'd like to use that would get rid of the gradient effect (which makes the text hard to read - regardless of its color)

SO... Many thanks again, but please advise.

Edit to add:

It looks ok now, but I'm notorious for long-winded posts, which would cause the gradient to repeat after 1024 px, which would get on my nerves. I'm funny like that.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Teratoma]

top topics

join