It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Drilling West Of Shetland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

the Ocean GreatWhite weighs in at 60,800 tonnes and is a 6th generation harsh environment drilling rig capable of drilling down to 10,000m in 3,000m of water. With a draft of over 23 meters, the rig needs deep water for anchoring.
www.offshoreenergytoday.com...

It is understood Ocean GreatWhite has been selected for Siccar Point Energy’s upcoming Lyon exploration well west of Shetland, a prospect thought to hold around three trillion cubic feet of gas.
www.energyvoice.com...

A millionaire industry insider I knew forty years ago saw me at a social gathering. Knowing my reputation as a eco-aware type he eagerly came over to unburden himself with a confession. He said "We're leaving an enormous mess for our children to clear up" and "When something goes wrong, everyone walks away"

There will come a time when those who have made profit from the oil and gas industry find respect dries up.

No doubt there will be plentiful fiat currency available for those choosing to take part in this venture. It will cost future generations many times more.

Siccar Point Energy, a North Sea-focused oil and gas player, has signed an agreement with its existing syndicate of banks to increase and extend its existing Reserves Based Lending facility limit from $600 million to $800 million.
www.offshoreenergytoday.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Never knew about this < I shall need to ask my mate in the oil industry what he knows about it !
he normally has some insider info on new sites !

he is currently in Cameroon doing the new high pressure gas stuff for royal dutch shell !

Scotland may have those resources sitting there , but is it really worth it when we can just not bother and be totally green by 2030 !

if we are exporting that gas , then other nations should pay a pretty penny for it

join