It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm lost into a cult that controls my religous thinking, the Mormon church has abondon me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm so sad that I've given myself and my soul to the teaching of the mormon church and only to find out that I can never go to one of their temples because of my life style. Yes , I drink, smoke pot, take them drugs the docs give me and worst of all I drink coffee and green tea.
Please my fellow ATS members, I'm going into a wind of confusion that may just blow me away. I feel I'm been mislead that I must believe the mormon book is true. And it was written by JS high on mushrooms. ( we all know that is a fact) What should I do folks now. I'm empty.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Leave the cult and forget about them.
I was raised Mormon, did baptisms for the dead, got totally brainwashed. I rejected it aged 14 and have never looked back.
...I don't believe in any claims of Gods now, I just get on with real life.
The only good thing I got from being Mormon was the prepping ethos of 6 months worth of food at the very least, that I still do.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

i find it disturbing that : i , an atheist living 6000km away - know more about mormonism than you did when you alledgedly " gave myself and my soul to the teaching of the mormon "

is this thread honest - or a troll fest ?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Bingo

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i find it disturbing that : i , an atheist living 6000km away - know more about mormonism than you did when you alledgedly " gave myself and my soul to the teaching of the mormon "

No, sorry it is very true, I and my wife have always welcome the missionaries to our home since 93 here in Japan.
Because I drink coffee and drink booze, I recently was not approved to go the temples here in this country. the wife and I did give a lot to the missionaries over the years

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I had missionaries at my door recently, I told them I didn't believe anymore, I've rejected their doctrines, and drink alcohol/smoke pot/do recreational drugs/drink coffee and coke. I told them that will not change.
They smiled politely and left.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Get a NKJV and start reading it every day, starting with John, then Romans and the rest of the new Testament. Here's some good testimony from gotquestions.org, which is a really good resource if you have more questions:

“no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law” (Romans 3:20), and that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). If the Mormon will admit to these truths, he/she should be open for the good news of the true gospel of Jesus Christ, that real righteousness only comes at the cross, where God exchanged our sin for the righteousness of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). No other righteousness can stand before God on Judgment Day. Once a Mormon, or anyone else for that matter, admits these truths, he/she is well on the way to understanding true salvation.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Dude isn't mormanism a fairly young made up religion? That should be enough for you to leave.
Be yourself, love yourself and love others. It's easy to do without a god 👍🏻

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Dude isn't mormanism a fairly young made up religion?
I think that about all religions.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
EVERY religion professes to be the only true religion and sole path to god and salvation. I don't buy it. If any religion was the only way billions of people would be damned to hell no mater if their hearts are pure or not.

I can't say if there is a god or not but I do believe there was a creator. But an all seeing, all knowing directly involved in every persons daily life? I don't think so. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Edit: As far as a Hell is concerned, just look around you.
edit on 7-1-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks guys.
I'm not trolling at all. You see the people in the church here were very kind to me, but ... the way of the missionaries to help out was all fake. That is what woke me up.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You don't need a book or a temple or even a group of people to find god. You just need to look around for everything we and this world are is made from god. Getting rejected from a social network does hurt, especially if you care about them and get along with them. If they are rejecting you for who you are, what else are they rejecting?

I did go to a few Mormon meetings at one time. I do agree with most of what they are about, but not all of it.

Looks like you have two main options.
1/ Change your lifestyle then hopefully they will let you into their temple. Try not to rock the boat too much.
2/ Don't change your lifestyle and accept that that temple is not for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
You don't need a book or a temple or even a group of people to find god. You just need to look around for everything we and this world are is made from god. Getting rejected from a social network does hurt, especially if you care about them and get along with them. If they are rejecting you for who you are, what else are they rejecting?

I did go to a few Mormon meetings at one time. I do agree with most of what they are about, but not all of it.

Looks like you have two main options.
1/ Change your lifestyle then hopefully they will let you into their temple. Try not to rock the boat too much.
2/ Don't change your lifestyle and accept that that temple is not for you.

So you know about the temples.
Sad to say that the church wants the members to be pure.
I didn't know this but at weddings those that are no members are not allowed into the temple of the wedding ceramony .

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

My brother moved from Indiana to Utah nearly 40 years ago and from what I have heard over those years the Mormons are just as hypocritically flawed as every other religious people.
They drink
They smoke
The do drugs
They gamble
They pretend they don't

And yes, your religion was made up and the story of how that happened is just slightly less crazy than Scientology.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

My brother moved from Indiana to Utah nearly 40 years ago and from what I have heard over those years the Mormons are just as hypocritically flawed as every other religious people.
They drink
They smoke
The do drugs
They gamble
They pretend they don't

And yes, your religion was made up and the story of how that happened is just slightly less crazy than Scientology.

I know
the amount of digging in the soil for those gold talblets would be unheard of. Even gold left melts a bit.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

the guy is telling the truth

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Sounds like you're thinking okay to me. And in the process you have learned where not to look...

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." -- Luke 17:21

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Sounds like you're thinking okay to me. And in the process you have learned where not to look...

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." -- Luke 17:21

thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I didn't comment when I posted that video because I don't really know that religion but my personal opinion is that all religions are cults, even Christianity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join