It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow vest movement growing in the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
.Their seems to be a new anti globalist political force awakening on the grass roots level. Finally the numbers are growing in the UK which will probably keep growing as it did in France, the eighth week of French demonstrations sees the second week of the British turnout. If the snowball effect kicks in, I can see strong police response, to try and nip this in the bud. Since the last riots in Britain the law now gives the Police to use live ammunition , which would be a tragedy. Considering the average economic fate of the average worker in the UK is just as depressing as those of France, an economic rethink might be a great idea.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Even the dog is wearing a yellow vest! Lol

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Nice posts.
I've noticed the msm either ignored this or painted them as nazis.

Good to see they were mostly normal people.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
can we call this a European spring

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

good one.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
For some reason I hope the people in every nation who are under the thumb of high taxes, forced multiculturalism to the point of not even naming the group doing a crime, and the whole agenda 21/30 new world order stuff rise up and make life so bad for the idiots who started that crap that they fold. The police will initially stand firm with the government IMO until the word gets out and they see just how screwed they are along with everyone else.... NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.. Everyone should think about that IMO

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ron Paul pushed for a 'Revolution' when he ran, a few years ago, 2008 i think. Maybe it's time.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Other countries causes don't translate well to the UK. Black Lives Matter was ridiculed as being out-of-context, for example. The same with the Yellow Vests, which is a French idea based around the initial reaction to raised fuel prices, and then becoming a wider movement incorporating all sorts of grievances that seem to revolve around political and economic reforms.

The demonstration in the UK was a pro-Brexit march. The protesters may have chosen to wear a yellow vest to make a point, but the causes are not similar at all.

There are many demonstrations in the UK and none have spelt an end of life in the UK.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So long as they are better behaved than the French yellow vests they can protest al they want.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Agree with the sentiment but not quite correct - Ian Tomlinson was of course killed by Police.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"Since the last riots in Britain the law now gives the Police to use live ammunition"

Eh?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Nice posts.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

They seem lovely people don't they?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I meant demonstrations leading to the end of the UK, not the literal "end of life" of a person. I do concede that demonstrators have been killed, although Ian Tomlinson was a decade ago and the police officer who pushed him was prosecuted. In the great scheme of things you don't get the UK police beating protesters, as in France, Russia, or other places.

On the use of live ammunition, as per the OP. Sorry, that's made up. In the UK we don't even have water cannon or tear gas, with the exception of Northern Ireland.
edit on 7/1/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: oldcarpy

I meant demonstrations leading to the end of the UK, not the literal "end of life" of a person. I do concede that demonstrators have been killed, although Ian Tomlinson was a decade ago and the police officer who pushed him was prosecuted. In the great scheme of things you don't get the UK police beating protesters, as in France, Russia, or other places.

On the use of live ammunition, as per the OP. Sorry, that's made up. In the UK we don't even have water cannon or tear gas, with the exception of Northern Ireland.

Nothing to stop them being shipped over as and when needed.
I would not be at all supprised to find out there is a stockpile somewhere near londinistan.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Nice derailment there pal.

This isn't either of those places. This is England and we want our vote heard to leave the EU.

F#ck off with that NAZI BS.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm sick of these trolls that just feed the fire. 🔥

edit on 712019 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: uncommitted

Nice derailment there pal.

This isn't either of those places. This is England and we want our vote heard to leave the EU.

F#ck off with that NAZI BS.

Eh? It was the yellow vests in the UK who attacked an MP outside Parliament and called her a Nazi for not being pro hard-Brexit. There's been a pattern of them making threats and harassing MPs around Parliament in recent weeks - nothing wrong with protests, but that kind of behaviour is an assault on democracy.
edit on 7-1-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The media in the United States tries it's hardest to ignore the yellow vest protests. I'm sure most Americans would be surprised to learn they're still going on.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Nice posts.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

They seem lovely people don't they?

We judging a whole group by a couple of nobs now then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join