It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, First Ad redirecting to Site With Trojan, Second time URL Infected with Phishing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So, I opened my browser and went to my usual sites to read news and everything was normal and fine. But then when trying to login on ATS, before I was able to login, one of the site's ads re-directed me to a website with a trojan. I copied the URL to post it here, had to close the browser, then after reopening ATS got another message warning me of a phising attempt.

The first url got erased when I printed the screen to get the image below of the second warning I got.

No other regular website I go to has given me these warnings. Just wanted to point this out.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
ATS has been going slightly downhill since it added annoying ADs and requiring social media to log in...

I'd love to support this website, but not sure why they are doing so many negative things..

edit on 6-1-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

My Android will do that constantly while surfing ATS. Have to exit the browser, clear cookies, and start again. Within 3 minutes, the same thing happens.

Ironically, the sites ATS allows my browser to be hijaked to use https:// (secure), connections, while AboveTopSecret itself uses an http:// (non-secure) internet connection. I believe that non-secure connection gives ATS more flexibility with type of Ads, but there's quite a few downsides too...as you see.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It has become increasingly difficult to enjoy this site over the past weeks. Each logon quickly becomes a battle with pop-ups, screen freezes and lost connections.

I love the site...but somedays it's almost too much of a hassle to spend the time here I used to.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I stay logged in and I don't get as many pop up ads.
They're still there....just not as bad.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
ATS has been going slightly downhill since it added annoying ADs and requiring social media to log in...

I'd love to support this website, but not sure why they are doing so many negative things..

It does not require social. media to open accts...and you do not need to log in/out.

Many of us have min. ads, and stay logged in.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
It does now for new accounts. I was forced to sign up using social media when I joined. I dont know when it changed but I saw others complaining about it around the same time I signed up.

And sometimes I just get randomly logged out of ATS. Maybe you don't but some of us do.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
a reply to: mysterioustranger
It does now for new accounts. I was forced to sign up using social media when I joined. I dont know when it changed but I saw others complaining about it around the same time I signed up.

And sometimes I just get randomly logged out of ATS. Maybe you don't but some of us do.

Ask a mod...many of us have stayed on for months at a time, bookmarking ATS once you log in once...

And no one can force anyone to use social. media.....
Moderators? Can you clarify the requirements of social media to join now or not? Please? And thanks.,

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
ATS keeps logging me out, which is annoying, i return to the window on mob/browser and I get a big red not secure in the browser tab and have to reload the page and re-log

It’s really annoying tbh

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Here's my tip:

Install an ad-blocker (I recommend uBlock Origin), disable it on ATS (and only ATS) and you are done. You will still see ads as per T&C's but when you click on one, or you get a redirect, Block.

Avast is not really something I'd use but your mileage may vary.

Good luck.

ETA Above info might only work on a regular PC. I don't use mobile devices.
edit on 9/1/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

ATS is not "secure" and never has been. If your browser doesn't like it, try another. All it means is that the site is not https. No biggie.

ETA I too sometimes get logged out automatically. (Less than once a month.) This is expected behaviour when a web server is restarted. Maintenance or software updates spring to mind.
edit on 9/1/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Logging out is not random for me. When you sign in you get a cookie. Use a cookie viewer to view the cookie. It expires in 30 days, mine does and why would yours be any different? When the cookie expires I get logged out, once a month like clockwork, if I try to stay logged in.

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Ask a mod...many of us have stayed on for months at a time, bookmarking ATS once you log in once...
If your ATS cookie expires in a month like mine does and why wouldn't it, then that's how long you can stay logged in, a month.

It's possible something could bump you out sooner, but I don't see how you could stay logged any longer than the expiration of your cookie. You need to login again to get a new cookie after the old one expires.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Logging out is not random for me. When you sign in you get a cookie. Use a cookie viewer to view the cookie. It expires in 30 days, mine does and why would yours be any different? When the cookie expires I get logged out, once a month like clockwork, if I try to stay logged in.

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
If your ATS cookie expires in a month like mine does and why wouldn't it, then that's how long you can stay logged in, a month.

It's possible something could bump you out sooner, but I don't see how you could stay logged any longer than the expiration of your cookie. You need to login again to get a new cookie after the old one expires.

I am signed in to ATS and some 8-10 sites I use everyday, month...6 months even...I don't even remember many of my log-ins...because Im still on them.

I bookmark, put desktop links on after logging in once...and only click the icon and am into my pages.

Businesses couldn't operate if all day, every day, they had to log in and out...but for personal uses? There's no need to everytime.*

*An ATS mod taught us this 6-7 years ago...and all my devices, l.top, PC, tablet and phone...all sites I'm logged into always. Try it.

I can't recall many times I was spit out and had to log back in.

Try it here yourself...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on 1/28/2019 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

top topics

join