It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Starting to Happen in Australia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: poncho1982

Australia is really difficult to migrate to, you have to have money in the bank, a way to make a living etc, we do accept some migrants as part of some displacement deal I am not sure of those numbers though.

These guys complaining are basically fanatics, they are being labelled Nazi because they are a bunch of racist rednecks.

Crime is not getting out of hand that is utter bollocks.

Wouldn't be in the government's best interest to report that crime is getting out of hand, now would it.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
Cottrell is a known neo-Nazi who openly supports Hitler.

What a surprise that ATS is getting behind this guy... NOT.

I know nothing about this guy other than what he said onb the video.

I keep seeing people say he is a nazi; ok lets see the proof.

So far, I saw a person say the rally was 100% nazi, and we have a video of the rally, and the person wasnt able to show one nazi let alone 100%.

So your characterization that ATS uis suppoirting a nazi seems either a misunderstanding or blatant falsehood.

Show me proof this guy is a nazi, I am sure you will find photos of whim with nazi memorabilia, I will outright reject him.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: mazzroth

What a load of absolute nonsense.

I am also Aussie, I personally do not see these nonsense "gangs" that the likes of Dutton dreamed up, nor do my many friends who live both down in Melbourne and elsewhere around Victoria and other states.

There is NO EVIDENCE other than the words of right-wing nutjobs like Dutton and Cottrel to prove the existance of these "gangs".

Also, anyone who is trying to make excuses for that right-wing rally is both blind and ignorant. I personally saw, WITH MY OWN EYES, the right-wing nutters making Hitler salutes and the like.

STOP THE LIES.

Victoria is having a debate about gangs. Specifically, it is debating whether it is appropriate to call groups of young people who are predominantly from African backgrounds a “gang” and, so named, what should be done about it. It’s also having a debate about race, which is being waged in the comment sections of front-page articles on gang violence, and on social media, where comments like “stop immigration until this mess is sorted” populate Victoria police’s official Facebook page. Both debates are linked to a perceived increase in large-scale violent offences committed by young people of African appearance, most of whom have been linked to Melbourne’s Sudanese migrant community. As South Sudanese community leaders we must give our youth a sense of belonging Andrew Gai Read more Media coverage of the issue, led by the News Corp tabloid the Herald Sun, has dubbed Victoria “a state of fear” and reported that it could undermine the incumbent Labor government’s chances in the November state election. On Monday the prime minister weighed in, saying at a press conference in Sydney that “growing gang violence and lawlessness in Victoria” was “a failure of the Andrews government”. However, police say that crime from African “street gangs” is an ongoing, not growing, problem, and also that calling these groups “gangs” might be overstating the issue.

www.theguardian.com...

The Guardian is not what you'd call a far-right news organisation. Are they lying? The only argument seems to be about whether to call them "gangs" or just a bunch of "youths". I do encourage you to read through the whole article.

In fact I encourage everyone here to do a DuckDuckGo search on "african crime in melbourne" and see for yourselves whether it's made up or not.

As a curiosity, however, I live in Brisbane and we don't seem to have these problems at the moment. Our Sudanese community seems rather peaceful and you regularly see racially mixed groups of teens and young adults hanging out together. I wonder if there's a difference depending on what tribe or clan the groups come from.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

can't have looked too hard then, can ya? i mean heck the byline of the news.com.au article is "Video and images have emerged of right-wing protesters giving Nazi salutes at a tense rally of ‘patriots’ in Melbourne."
Sure the video is pretty lacklustre, but as i pointed out earlier, it was taken from behind two walls of police, and you gotta realise that even nazis aren't dumb enough to film their own doing the salutes and then post them in publicly accessible places.
There are multiple photos there of dudes straight up sieg heiling and also a very clear one of the dude with the SS helmet surrounded by and being celebrated by his mates.

the blog post also lists various different factions of white nationalists the author recognised as present, and if you do any research on those groups you'll see just how well this fits their MO, as well as just how racist and hateful they are.

As for the individual who told my girlfriend that jews should be exterminated - what good would having pics of that be? he told her, he didn't have it written on a plaque.

Who called you an extremist? you're getting mighty defensive - all i'm doing is telling you what happened. Yeah i'm coming on strong but tell me you wouldn't do similar if there was a thread supporting a group who openly want to kill people you love.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Doom asking the most important question.

Mine would have to be: Where is your proof, besides this anecdotal girlfriend which may or may not exist.

it's never not going to be hilarious how many of you are positively LEAPING on whether or not my girlfriend exists instead of anything else i said.... broadcasting insecurities much?

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Wouldn't be in the government's best interest to report that crime is getting out of hand, now would it.

well given that this hysteria is entirely invented and exacerbated by the media, that's a pretty interesting stance to take. you guys are still leery of the whole fake media complex when they make up lies you like, right?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Here we go...a lefty calling anyone who doesn't agree with him a loser... If it was 100% a nazi rally, why are there no signs in the video? Did your "girlfriend" record the rally showing the nazi symbols?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So far, I saw a person say the rally was 100% nazi, and we have a video of the rally, and the person wasnt able to show one nazi let alone 100%.

So your characterization that ATS uis suppoirting a nazi seems either a misunderstanding or blatant falsehood.

Show me proof this guy is a nazi, I am sure you will find photos of whim with nazi memorabilia, I will outright reject him.

I'm from Australia, its pretty obvious Blair Cottrel is at the very least a Nazi "sympathiser". I didn't look too deep but here is an excerpt from wikipedia of the United Patriots Front which Blair Cottrel is chairman.

The United Patriots Front (UPF) is a far-right Australian nationalist protest group which is associated with nationalist and neo-Nazi hate groups. Based in the state of Victoria, UPF is a nationalist anti-Islam organisation that opposes immigration, multiculturalism and Islam by street protests. It is a splinter group from the anti-Islamic Reclaim Australia group, formed after a dispute between Shermon Burgess and Reclaim Australia organisers. The group has been described by a number of media outlets and journalists as a hate group, and has claimed solidarity with Golden Dawn, a Greek Metaxist, fascist party.

UPF leader Blair Cottrell is a convicted criminal and has been described by numerous media outlets and Australia's Race Discrimination Commissioner, Tim Soutphommasane, as a neo-Nazi.[1][2][3] Besides other run-ins with the law, in September 2017, UPF leaders Cottrell, Erikson and Shortis, were found guilty by a magistrate of inciting contempt against Muslims, and each was fined $2,000.[4] In early January 2019, Erikson and Cottrell promised to unleash a Cronulla-style race riot on Melbourne

And from the same wikipedia article about Cottrell

Blair Cottrell[edit]
In October 2015, Blair Cottrell replaced Burgess as chairman of the United Patriots Front. Cottrell has stirred controversy over his criminal convictions (which include arson, stalking, making threats to kill, inciting contempt against Muslims and breaching intervention orders), and for several of his public statements, including a desire to see a portrait of Adolf Hitler hung in Australian classrooms and for copies of Mein Kampf to be "issued annually" to students. Cottrell has denied supporting Nazism.[10]

In 2012, Cottrell served four months in Port Phillip Prison after being convicted of stalking his ex-girlfriend and her new partner, and of arson after attempting to burn down the man's house. In December 2013 he was fined $1,000 and sentenced to seven days in jail by a County Court judge for aggravated burglary, property damage, arson, testosterone trafficking, possessing a controlled weapon and breaching court orders.[11][12]

In September 2017, Cottrell, together with Erikson and Shortis, were found guilty by a magistrate of inciting contempt against Muslims, and each was fined $2,000.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

This article here goes into more detail here is an excerpt

www.dailymail.co.uk... -Australian-classroom.html
edit on 7-1-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

'There should be a picture of this man (Hitler) in every classroom and every school, and his book (Mein Kempf) should be issued to every student annually,' Blair Cottrell wrote in a Facebook comment

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Again we do not have a migrant problem, we do get get some groups of undesirables that cause trouble but for the most part we have very little problem with the legally migrated foreigners.

Well, then what about all these articles? Is this all fake news?

Sudanese athlete says police and pollies need to wake up to gang problem

Turnbull says there is ‘real concern about Sudanese gangs’ in Melbourne

African gangs in Melbourne are a problem, police admit, as Victorian Government defends strategy

‘Out of control’: The ‘race war’ brewing on Melbourne’s streets

The last link above is from December. Sounds to me like there is a very real growing problem. I never see gang activity here in Canada, but I know for a fact that gang activity is behind much of the violence reported. ANYWHERE that drugs can be had, you will find gangs.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: harold223

I am sorry but I would like to see proof with my own eyes of him being a Nazi

I have seen people I know that aren’t Nazis be smeared as Nazis before

If he is such a Nazi, surely some photos of him In memorabilia, advocating killing Jews, etc would surface

As far as his comment about a pic I f hitler in any class, I don’t know. Was it him for sure, was he joking, was he saying memorialize hitler so we never forget the evil he caused?

Regardless, I saw a video of the rally and the video of this man speaking

I heard nothing evil or Nazi being said then, so that’s what I have to go by

If the guy is a Nazi, I condemn him and bet most would

But my guess is most people listening to him at the rally, particularly when the one speaker specifically asks if anyone sees a Nazi and no one does, would have no idea he was one, if indeed he is

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If he is such a Nazi, surely some photos of him In memorabilia, advocating killing Jews, etc would surface

As far as his comment about a pic I f hitler in any class, I don’t know. Was it him for sure, was he joking, was he saying memorialize hitler so we never forget the evil he caused?

But my guess is most people listening to him at the rally, particularly when the one speaker specifically asks if anyone sees a Nazi and no one does, would have no idea he was one, if indeed he is

I don't see any evidence of him outright saying he is a NAZI but if you look at the circumstantial evidence from over the years it all points to him at the very least, leaning heavily in that direction. In my personal opinion, it's obvious he is a Nazi sympathiser. Read the Daily Mail article I posted earlier from 2015, it has a fair chunk of evidence that shows up his views.

www.dailymail.co.uk... -Australian-classroom.html

Its also clear that he does have a criminal past. He was convicted of stalking his ex partner and attempting to burn down her new partners house among other convictions.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You should know this, the new "definition" despite history, according to the new group of "kiddos" , is that a Nazi is anyone who doesnt believe as they do.

One only has to look at groups like antifa, the feminist movements, BLM, etc etc until i run out of breath.

If you do not align you are a fascist, or a Nazi, period.

Forget the fact they have no idea what these terms mean or the history behind them, they somehow seem unjustly qualified to label people as such.

Hell, just ask them to define them, youll get met with either rambling rhetoric that isnt accurate, or blank stares

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunderWas NOT a 100% NAZI Rally, you are an IDIOT and typical of the mindless populist snow flake mentality ,who just follows the crowd dictated by the media ,in a Democracy people have freedom of speech and right to assemble, if you don't like it move to North Korea and you can stamp everyone who disagrees with your brainwashed zombie opinion a NAZI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Separating one video from the context of who the man is is misleading. If YouTube had been around in the 30s I am sure there would be videos of Hitler coming over normal, particularly if the video is edited and posted by a supporter.

He has a track record of racist, sexist and homophobic remarks. A violent history and runs a violent group that, even if it denies being neo nasi itself happily associates with outright neo nasi groups.

It's simply not possible to disassociate individual video clips from the messenger when the message is so clearly tainted.

amp-smh-com-au.cdn.ampproject.org... 1016-gkbbvz.html?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fw ww.smh.com.au%2Fnational%2Fblair-cottrell-leader-of-aussie-patriots-upf-wanted-hitler-in-the-classroom-20151016-gkbbvz.html

Sorry on phone and links not playing.

edit on 8-1-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
NVM

Not worth the argument.

edit on 8-1-2019 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You are 5th columnist and by your very nature a traitor to you ancestors. To quote you "If YouTube had been around in the 30s I am sure there would be videos of Hitler coming over normal, particularly if the video is edited and posted by a supporter."

Your arguments have no basis in fact and are the emotional ramblings of an irrational' unhappy vegan. You want to get across an idea that is emotional and your logic is deeply flawed.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
The is just a standard response when the left is confronted with facts Grambler, they roll out the old Nazi and Racist garbage thinking it will immediately shut down any form of responsible debate about what has gone on here in Australia.

I bet the same person thinks Fair Work Commission represents the Government, its a Corporate Front to protect Big Business from paying its workers a fair pay. The clue is in the title, "Fair" guys I work with at Alcoa got told they are being put back onto the award (70% of current pay) because its going through hard times with a 1.1 Billion after tax profit...taxes that it paid in the freaking USA. Corporate greed at its worst.

The foreign corporate "RailwayMen" are ripping this country off and have bought nearly every politician and lawman that can still breath with their money.

Enough is Enough, time to take our Country back.

www.mandurahmail.com.au...

investors.alcoa.com...

Those are the facts above to what is happening here now.

Just to clarify:
ALCOA had a problem in the US with Hydrogen Flouride (HF) a very nasty Acid that is really worse than H2SO4 Sulfuric Acid but after it gets to a certain "MOLARITY" some of these various acids may as well be the other. Their constant releasing of the acid HF caused them some financial pain putting in proper controls. The water that acid hit would 'ionize' metals and make them soluble in the water and thus able to be ingested more easily by biological entities like humans and fish.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
When someone is called a nazi its means the liberals are at a loss for words.

Its like .....that's racist...
Your a nazi.....

Its when your defense and position has completely failed and you have no more of a argument

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
a reply to: ScepticScot

You are 5th columnist and by your very nature a traitor to you ancestors. To quote you "If YouTube had been around in the 30s I am sure there would be videos of Hitler coming over normal, particularly if the video is edited and posted by a supporter."

Your arguments have no basis in fact and are the emotional ramblings of an irrational' unhappy vegan. You want to get across an idea that is emotional and your logic is deeply flawed.

You say making by an angry fact free response...

Using phrases like '5th columnists' and traitor to your ancestors doesn't really helpful your case much.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
When someone is called a nazi its means the liberals are at a loss for words.

Its like .....that's racist...
Your a nazi.....

Its when your defense and position has completely failed and you have no more of a argument

Or in this case because the guy is violent, racist, homophobic sexist who likes Hitler.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth
What exactly is starting to happen in Australia. That entire rally was a media beat up.
Any racial tensions which currently exist have been there for a long time. Look back to 2005 and the Cronulla riots, or further back to the movements which inspired russel crows feel good movie called ‘Romper Stomper’ from the early nineties.
The St Kilda rally which the media and police whisked into a circus was a pretty tame event.
Nothing is happening in Australia different from what’s been going on for years.
Sudanese gangs? Yep they have a foot print, but no where near as large or as organised as other crime syndicates.
And even if there was a couple of idiots at the rally doing the old nazi salute who cares? ASIO and the feds have said they’re keeping an eye on fringe groups from both sides of the political spectrum.
The numbers of extremists are minuscule and the extent of their actions are generally restricted to vandalising the odd mosque or riding into war behind the anonymity of the internet.
There’s always been idiots and there always will be. It’s nothing new.
I’ve heard approximations of between 150-600 people attended the rally, in a city with a population of over 4,000,000. Kind of puts things into perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join