It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Occasional-Cortex: Do as I say not as I do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Scooter, you might as well face it.

You're better than many of us.

But people like me are needed from time to time.

We're the ones who don't mind getting our hands dirty, we don't mind getting into the mud.

We say what you "want" to say but find it difficult.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Scooter, you might as well face it.

You're better than many of us.

But people like me are needed from time to time.

We're the ones who don't mind getting our hands dirty, we don't mind getting into the mud.

We say what you "want" to say but find it difficult.

I am going to end my night with reading your post, putting a smile on my face and going to bed.

Polite has it's time and place, but you and I and others like us will be there in the places where polite is considered a sign of weakness.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Look, I am not a fan of her because she is your basic DemSoc... but why are the first words "Left Biombo"

like, do you lack even the basic critique skills to critique her positions and not her looks, clothes, or if she is a "Bimbo or not...

your obsession exposes you

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Oh dear god!

Look up any effing Sarah Palin thread.

Bimbo is the f###ing kindest thing to say about her!

The leftists talked about her, her kids like trash!

But now we have to be civil?

pfft!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I set my own standards and play by my rules.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
She is a world class turd.
Her ideas are ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Look, I am not a fan of her because she is your basic DemSoc... but why are the first words "Left Biombo"

like, do you lack even the basic critique skills to critique her positions and not her looks, clothes, or if she is a "Bimbo or not...

your obsession exposes you

He was upset about the topic and called her a name.

Oh. My. God.

Now the OP is exposed?

As what?

Someone online that posted something?

Let's critique your post...

What is a Biombo?

Can't you spell basic words?

Second sentence... like,

I'm assuming from this you are, like, a valley girl?

What are "basic critique skills?"

Do you mean "critiquing"?

Why do you assume that the author is now "obsessed" with a topic that they normally don't even post about?

When you use "These Things" there is an opening set and a closing set... not "Bimbo or not... but "Bimbo or not..."

See how this works?

edit on 6-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

No, civility is authoritarian moralism

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm an old man who spent more time military than not. *shrug*
If I'm threatened, I attack.

Never move backwards, always forwards.

Being nice is what "they" want, so they can run over and step on your throats easier.

.... you are old but call people poo, turd, cow
Just proves that wisdom and maturity has nothing to do with age.
I told you before, you are losing it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Damn.

Just damn.

Did anyone here watch today's "60 Minutes" episode? I understand it's hard sometimes to watch Anderson Cooper and try to keep a straight face, but it told me a lot... and this thread reinforces it. It told me the right can be as rabid as the left (like I didn't know that already).

We, being actual conservatives, actually had an opportunity here... Cortez is a young, impressionable girl, who has been suddenly thrust from her bubble of liberal thinking into the real world. She is coming across ideas and viewpoints that she has been told her entire life are wrong and evil, but she's seeing a vast group of people who espouse them now with logic and reason... or she should be. She's also seeing way way too much of the hatred she has been told to expect. Now, based on the fact that she has been told all these things about "evil conservatives" and is seeing many of them act out exactly as she has been told they would, is there any reason to believe she will question that programming?

I certainly wouldn't.

No, I would become even more combative against these haters I was warned about and who are now attacking as foretold. I wouldn't listen to their reasoning either. I'd fight them every step of the way, with every fiber of my being. And over time, I'd become like Nancy Pelosi... a lost cause sitting in a position of power handed to me by a group of people who preferred to hurl insults rather than offer insight.

If conservative values, which I treasure, are ever to make a comeback in this country, it will not be because we yelled the loudest and most vile insults. We will never change anyone's mind by calling them "bimbo," "cow," or "piece of poo," just like they will never change our minds by calling us "racist" or "deplorable." That low road leads nowhere good.

Pelosi is a lost cause, so I will make fun of her. I have no chance whatsoever to change her mind. If Jesus Himself came to earth, stood before her, and declared she was wrong about something, she'd likely call Him a deplorable and dismiss Him. So she's fair game. Cortez is young and impressionable (although the recent slate of hatred is changing the impressionable part every day), and while she makes funny statements that I have no issue laughing at, the mean insults will turn her to stone. Comedy is one thing; hatred is quite another.

If anyone did watch her today, they would have seen someone who actually came across as somewhat intellectual, if misguided. Oppose her ideals all you want; I oppose most of them as well. But please, can we stop stooping to the level of the very people we are fighting against?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Oh dear god!

Look up any effing Sarah Palin thread.

Bimbo is the f###ing kindest thing to say about her!

The leftists talked about her, her kids like trash!

But now we have to be civil?

No, we have to be responsible.

Remember: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James "Mad Dog" Mattis

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I set my own standards and play by my rules.

That, sir, is how one wins battles.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I hate it when cnn laughs at trump supporters as toothless racists, so to be ideologicaly consistent I hate the reverse as well

I am not an American. I love this site but I am dismayed by the US political right/left hate that has dominated in the last few years. I do follow US politics because what happens in the US inevitably affects the global economy.

That being said, thank you for your calm, reasoning and responsible attitude. I shall subscribe to your youtube channel in appreciation, even though I may or may not agree with your politics.

I hope this illustrates your point you made earlier about "winning hearts and minds" without the use of gutter talk.
edit on 7/1/2019 by deltaalphanovember because: clarity

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
OKay, here's the thing.

There are elements of men out there who are developing a real obsession with Cortez, they are grouping together and winding each other up into worse and worse insults and darker and darker thoughts. And this is how deranged nutjobs wind up going out with a gun and going after public figures. And at some point ATS is going to have to ask itself if it wants to provide a platform that enables this. If ATS wants to be part of the problem.

In this thread alone we have:

"The left's favorite BIMBO,"

"Stupid democrats, wake the # up"

"She's an elitist hypocritical bint."

"WHY show this cow any respect? "

"What point is the communist bitch trying to make?"

"She's a communist turd. A foul piece of feces left by Stalin to infect the rest of our society"

"She is a world class turd. "

And of course all the base creatures who star this stuff.

So I ask you, why is ATS tolerating this language? Is this what ATS wants to be a platform for? Why is there a place for this on this website?

Why is ATS allowed to become this toxic?

Also, I might add, the OPs post is full of Ludicrous Online Lies, his obsession that Cortez is a communist, when clearly he has no idea what a 'communist' even is. Cortez is most patently not a communist.

So please. Either remove it, or move it to LOL. And for heaven's sake, stop allowing posters to harvest stars for posting misogyny. Because this stuff is just embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
it seems ridiculous that the people who are responsible for the shutdowns keep getting paid .

If these POS stop getting their checks there would never be a shutdown.

With all due respect, the last congress and President Trump are responsible for the shutdown. I believe this congress and President Trump are trying to find a solution, and get the government up and running again.

Or did I miss something?
edit on 7-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

It's interesting though, social-study-wise. You can literally watch our resident fools lobotomize themselves precisely the way our oligarch cretins want them to.

Could be entertaining if it wasn't so fcking sad though. SAD!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This woman is a communist, why should we respect her or what she has to say?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Painterz

It's interesting though, social-study-wise. You can literally watch our resident fools lobotomize themselves precisely the way our oligarch cretins want them to.

Could be entertaining if it wasn't so fcking sad though. SAD!

Well yes, this is very true. The billionaire oligarchs have reacted with intense fear of an elected politician suggesting that maybe, just maybe, somebody earning more than 10 million a year can afford to pay 70% income tax on their tenth million of income. And really, I'm incredibly okay with that. They can comfort themselves with their other 9 million in cash they earnt that year.

So they've cranked up the hit pieces and hate speech on Cortez, and yep, the resident misogynists lap it up, because they hate women and it's easy to push their buttons and make them ignore the real issues of wealth inequality and the rich just getting richer while everybody else gets poorer, but hey, she danced in college, she has boobs, she's EVIL!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

The same people complaining about our use of adjectives are the same ones that describe Trump, his wife and children, Sarah Huckabee, Sarah Palin, etc with the same if not worse descriptors.

Funny how they are crying for civility now, but hide behind the 1st Amendment when it comes to people they disagree with.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
This woman is a communist, why should we respect her or what she has to say?

She's not a communist.

Please name one communist policy she supports.

Please understand what words are before you use them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join