It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: 'May Declare A National Emergency' To Build Wall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, there are MSM sources now. This could be very bad in more ways than one. Appears Trump is meeting with officials at Camp David now.

I for one am very, very wary of this. For the last few administrations we have seen so many EO's preparing for such a thing.

Videos:
www.cnn.com...

Trump: 'I may declare a national emergency'
www.kulr8.com...

Stories:

Trump inclined to declare national emergency if talks continue to stall
wgntv.com...

Trump: 'May declare a national emergency' to build wall
www.cnn.com...
edit on 6-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Isn't this the sort of things dictators do to get their way?

Like go around the legal process?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

A thread on this subject already exists.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

This has been a fear for a very long time. For the past 30 years or so, this has been set up for COG. There was a thread on this previously but it is gone due to no sources I think. I will try to find the information I had posted previously and put it here.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes. Yes it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A thread on this subject already exists.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry... hmmm.. I don't know how I could have missed it.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Old news.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yeah keep the smugglers and traffickers happy. No Wall. 🤣

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Remember when prohibition worked so well...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm a left leaning moderate who goes surpisingly right on certain issues. I used to identify as a libertarian but only for lack of a better term.

I'm going to say that although Speaker Pelosi has a point with it being immoral, # it, build the wall. Why? Because in the scheme of things, it's not *that* expensive. Yes, it seems rather savage and as quite the insult, a future symbol to be attacked and eventually, even decades from now being torn down but for now it'd serve its purpose, the President would chill out and let his employees get paid so that they don't lose their homes and can feed their families, all is well that ends well right?

I think of the kinds of drugs that are being smuggled there and it's predominantly coc aine, meth, heroin and fentanyl. Well folks, we don't really need that # floating around anyways in abundance like it is in recent years. I think we could live without the marijuana because we have a lot of domestic growing and diversion from dispensaries in recreational and medical states. I personally think marijuana should continue to be decriminalized to an extent but never become acceptable and at the gas station. Cutting off Mexican marijuana imports could help that process as there would be more confidence in legalization without the market being flooded. Sure, the wall will make it cost more. The only imports that would make it would have to be smuggled through legitimate shipments of materials from Mexico to the U.S. and through the ports of entry.

As a pastor would put it, God is empowering President Trump to do his will and stop the opioid epidemic. The prayers of the mothers reached heaven. Satan is pulling out all the stops to prevent this wall from being built. He wants the people poisoned, raped, murdered. He's using his power on the evil men and women in our Government to stop this thing from happening folks.
edit on 1/6/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
imagine Patriots supporting a president who will use fake emergencies and exploit government power

sounds like your spooky NWO

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It isn't a fake emergency and it isn't an exploitation. The exploitation is Democrat politicians playing petty games and politics to deny Americans what they overwhelming support: improved border security. The career professionals who work day-in day-out at ICE/CBP have said a physical barrier, among other measures, is required to prevent illegal entry by foreign nationals into the United States.

But technology alone is NOT a solution here. Technology does nothing to prevent entry, unless the policies are changed and CBP's hands are untied. They must be authorized to prevent unlawful entry if technology is to work. Otherwise, it is a far larger waste of money than Dems claim Trump's wall is.

I trust the analysis of DHS and the career professionals at ICE/CBP... do you?

Besides, this isn't martial law. It is merely authorization to re-purpose or use certain funds that wouldn't otherwise be available. The non-functional congress has left him no choice, since border security is not only overwhelming supported by US Citizens, but the career professionals at DHS/ICE/CBP know best what they need. It should be left up to them.
edit on 1/6/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I love when Presidents act imperious, the last guy got me all excited and this one is even better. I hope he declares another emergency to build us a Death Star too, this way we can zap all the terrorists Sarah Sanders thinks are coming across the border.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Let me introduce you to tunnels.

They are a thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Make pot legal.

This will stop the opiod epidemic cold.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It isn't a fake emergency and it isn't an exploitation. The exploitation is Democrat politicians playing petty games and politics to deny Americans what they overwhelming support: improved border security. The career professionals who work day-in day-out at ICE/CBP have said a physical barrier, among other measures, is required to prevent illegal entry by foreign nationals into the United States.

But technology alone is NOT a solution here. Technology does nothing to prevent entry, unless the policies are changed and CBP's hands are untied. They must be authorized to prevent unlawful entry if technology is to work. Otherwise, it is a far larger waste of money than Dems claim Trump's wall is.

I trust the analysis of DHS and the career professionals at ICE/CBP... do you?

Besides, this isn't martial law. It is merely authorization to re-purpose or use certain funds that wouldn't otherwise be available. The non-functional congress has left him no choice, since border security is not only overwhelming supported by US Citizens, but the career professionals at DHS/ICE/CBP know best what they need. It should be left up to them.

You know there are already 20000 border agents employed to keep the border secure right, nobody wants open borders FFS stop believing the propaganda..

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Make pot legal.

This will stop the opiod epidemic cold.

I disagree and I've known a few opioid addicts. They stay using for several reasons but they're not going to detox and go clean just because they can smoke pot, I can guarantee that. Marijuana can help a recovering or recovered opioid addict tremendously, likewise I'd say with alcoholics, but it's not going to replace it. No.. those bizillions of dollars are getting spent and those shipments are going through for a reason, just like all of those people in prison including a few doctors are. The level of addiction, the receptors and chemicals involved, are unfortunately more serious than that.
edit on 1/6/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

In states where marijuana is legal opioid use is down.

www.npr.org...

They estimate that these dispensary programs reduced the number of opioid prescriptions by 3.7 million daily doses. States that allowed homegrown marijuana for medical use saw an estimated 1.8 million fewer pills dispensed per day. To put that in perspective, from 2010 to 2015 Medicare recipients received an average of 23 million daily doses of opioids, the researchers say.

new topics

top topics

join