It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The failure to crowd-fund the wall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If they wanted jobs they'd of stayed in Mexico when offered. They want the free stuff. Have you forgot they asked for 50k a person from us and said they would return home if they got it? Amazing isn't how 50K would make them stop fearing for their lives in their country.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Dude... They raised nearly 20 MILLION DOLLARS. How is that not enough to take notice? Does everyone who wants the wall have to put money up on kickstarter for this to look like an issue that we're for? I'm for the wall and I didn't spend a cent to that go fund me. I shouldn't have to. My taxes are already paid so I contributed the way we're MADE to contribute.

Hell, Obama only needed 100k signatures on a website to take notice. How is this not important with 3 X that amount?

Now shut up and build the wall already. I don't care who pays for it. Us, Mexico... Don't care. Just do it! That's something I'm happy to have MY taxes go towards.

Remember this gem of a thread? You make $400k but can't spend $500. You know it, it put the figures into realistic, easy to digest household budget friendly numbers.

This is the equivalent of only scraping together not even 2 bucks' worth of that $100 needed to hit the GFM goal ($100 being equivalent to the $1 billion) And call the $23 billion equivalent about $2300 smackers. See how absolutely impotent that buck and change is yet?
In the grand scheme of all thing Wall, it means jack s#. Think of it this way: the driest deserts on the planet have higher water percentages (aka humidity) in the dry-ass air than people have parted with for this. That's...not encouraging.

The goal will never be met. I'd be damned surprised if the campaign cracks $30 mil before folding.

so the lesson here is never try the hard stuff, because it's hard. I bet you are a fantastic role model for the younger generation.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired
And when people buy the goods elsewhere because of tarrifs on Mexican goods...Mexico loses money. What was that about economics 101?

That isn't what I was addressing and even in the above case they aren't paying for a wall. Do try to follow along.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Are you saying there aren't end users in Mexico?

Are you asking if there are dmosetic users of Mexican-produced goods? I'm certain there are plenty. Are you somehow under the assumption that domestic users of Mexican goods pay a tarrif to the United States? If not, your question is not relative to funding the wall.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Well isn't that obvious?

They shouldn't have to pay for it twice, then.

Then shouldn't pay for it period.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Those numbers are why I am so confident in what I represent here. His supporters think they are such a strong community because they are the majority on this site.
They reinforce each others ideas about trump and are quite certain that I do not know what I am talking about. But their ideas on this side of the screen are quite different from conditions on the side my physical body occupies.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Its probably more like its a good thing when its something that lots of people like.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I bet we could think of a good one and get it started. And something positive can come out of ATS, instead of constant negativity and hatred.

By this I get the impression you have been missing out on half the fun of this whole site's meaning for being.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

Its probably more like its a good thing when its something that lots of people like.

So, go ahead and find something to donate your money and/or time to. /shrug

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: okrian

Now shut up and build the wall already. I don't care who pays for it. Us, Mexico... Don't care. Just do it! That's something I'm happy to have MY taxes go towards.

The majority of America doesn't want Trump's pointless monument. The majority never did. I think it's you that needs to quit the basement ranting and go build it if you want it. It's totally ok, you don't even have to admit that Trump lied to you about having it paid for by Mexico. But don't be surprised when Trump takes credit for your wall though, even if you only get a few angry bricks laid down.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that one of the things Trump ran on? He did win, right?

Case closed...

Not the majority (but you know that). And then the midterms happened. What happened to that big Red sweep we were supposed to see? And what happened to art of the deal? So... Trump couldn't make a deal (not even with his own party) so now his followers have make a failing attempt to build a monument to Trump for him? He's got enough monuments to feed his ego. He doesn't need yours. So... not case closed.

Also, Trump ran on a wall that Mexico was paying for (this was a promise of his to be exact). So again, not case closed.

Man, you love beating that horse, don't you.

Based on the information out there, which would only take a quick google search to assist you on this... Hillary did NOT legitimately win majority. Take away the illegal votes and she would have had less votes than Trump. But hey, it doesn't matter since that's now how the system works.

Trump has a just under 50% approval rating. That would mean that this many people are happy with his progress. That means the Wall and All...

You see, your speaking points as 'facts' aren't facts. They are hardly theories. Your speaking points are the same that the media runs with... Opinion. That's all it is. It's your opinion. I, on the other hand, can present facts that combined, form a valid working theory.

- This was a MAJOR point of his campaign
- Having Mexico pay for it... You seriously think we're that stupid? Remember now.... You're basing facts on opinions and I'm actually giving you facts that you can look up on your own.
- I'm one of those supporters that voted based on a few major points and one of those major points was border security. Even I'm ok with my taxes going towards it.
- I'm not looking for a Trump monument. I'm not radical. I'm quite certain hillary supporters would have her love child AND build her a statue and give her a crown to go with the country that they want to simply hand over to her.
- The border IS an issue and always has been.
- Dems use illegals for votes. That is why they want the border open. This is why they do not want a wall.

sooooo.... Dem's are responsible for the shutdown by wanting to counter what we are supposed to LAWFULLY do.

It's common sense, man. It's not rocket science. It blows my mind that so many people ignore the REAL issue and focus on Orange Man - Baaaaad! It's your chosen leaders that are throwing the biggest and most rusty monkey wrench in the works. They don't want to compromise not ONE SINGLE THING and expect everything to just get handed to them.

This is the ONLY WAY you can lose a battle to Idiots. Put them in positions of leadership so you have a never ending stalemate.

(post by mikell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure what amuses me more about this. The idea of a country with taxes and a $590 billion military budget(that the president just recently proposed to increase to $691 billion in 2019) needing to crowd fund a government project or the fact that it's going to fall through and not raise the needed money.
edit on 7/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join