It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Life and Portal Writer Erik Wolpaw Has Returned to Valve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
When Erik Wolpaw left Valve last year it was seen as the final nail in the coffin for hopes that Half-Life 3 would ever be made but now thanks to an eagle eyed reddit user evidence was found that suggested he had returned to the company , the Redditor emailed Lord GabeN who confirmed the return.

So, does this mean Half-Life 3 is being announced this year? Weeeelll, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. That said, it does seem like Valve is easing back into the game-making thing. Newell has said as much, Valve recently purchased Firewatch developer Campo Santo, and, of course, they just released Artifact, so things are happening. If I had to make a prediction, I’d say we’re getting Portal 3 before Half-Life 3. Wolpaw’s Portal 2 co-writer Jay Pinkerton has also returned to Valve, and a new Portal would be a nice safe step towards maybe doing some bigger things.
wccftech.com...

All we need is belief.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Portal 2 is one of the great all time games - just perfect in its execution. If we get a sequel I will be first in line on release day!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The Half Life games were the reason I became a PC gamer. We need more.

A new CS would be nice too.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreSound

Portal 2 is one of the great all time games - just perfect in its execution. If we get a sequel I will be first in line on release day!

I liked Portal 2... but way way too easy. But I guess I come from an era where video games were meant to be a challenge.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Half life 2 was amazing. Same with portal. I don't see valve putting the same amount of love into both games after steam basically took over their company revenue.

Their game development team has probably all left onto new horizons at this point. They also have to update their engines too.

I wouldn't expect the same half-life 2 or portal 2 quality or experience. It may be a totally different game company perspective.

Also.. left 4 dead and team fortress 2 was also amazing. Props to anyone who can go into valve and convince them to spend millions resurrecting the legendary game devolvement department and not just sit back and rack in the steam dough...

edit on 6-1-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wouldn't mind another Left 4 Dead either.

top topics

join