It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Terror Threat In This Country Is MSM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A Free Press is great until they themselves become corrupted. Then false narratives are written and innocent people are jailed. This has been ongoing for a long time. Look at what J. Edgar Hoover did as Director of the FBI. He only blackmailed politicians and where was the press then. Who controls the truth? Please have a bag of Crisps on me.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

That's a lie. An empty shallow talking point with no meat whatsoever. There are thousands of newspapers in the US and websites in nearly uncountable numbers who all say they "report facts" more or less.
They are all free to report however they want. That's what free means.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The problem as I see it is y'all think the news is fake...
It is not.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Be advised that what you right wingers want to do by controlling the media, would shut down ATS in a heartbeat.

Do you want freedom or not.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Some people have their head buried firmly in the sand. I'm talkin bout you here.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The problem is it's real.

Really breaking up families/friendships/relationships, in real life. And just keeps on bringing in talking heads, all with "opinions."

In fact, it's the nightly opinions, not the nightly news we're getting.

And, as it's getting billed as "news," each side (right/left, male/female, black or person of color/white, middle and upper class/poor) feels equally righteous and justified in their contrary opinions.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Be advised that what you right wingers want to do by controlling the media, would shut down ATS in a heartbeat.

One of the issues that right-wingers mistake is blaming Twitter and Facebook for censorship, when it is really the governments, with their laws and regulations of social media, basically forcing their hands.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's the US, completely different from the UK news although we have biasm too... Just nothing on the scale the US sees.

Don't believe me go and watch FOX or CNN for an hour. To be frank though I haven't watched much news since RT was around, I used to hop between news sources to get a feel of the different spins on things, RT was sensationalist and biased too just a little more subtle than the US agencies.

These days I occasionally watch local news, I read the BBC and occasionally other sources too if a topic is of interest... I come here too.

Luckily I don't see much of the craziness, I come here for my fill of bs. The OP however has a serious point and it's only gotten worse from my days of watching televised news... Apparently. I do see it though, I see it here.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

olaru,
I truly do owe you an apology.

I was using Don Lemon's irresponsible words against him and did not realize I would be insulting my friends also.

I try have more integrity than that and it's to my shame that I insulted a person who does not deserve it.

I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

You are wrong. The president is the biggest threat. trump is the biggest liar to grace the White House Ever. You just keep drinking your Kool Aid.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Too funny everyone loves to assume my political stance on here!

I've been called a far left Stalinist and a right winger in the same week.

Lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The problem as I see it is y'all think the news is fake...
It is not.

uhmmmm...............ok.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: roadgravel
Yeah, terrorist love to use free speech.

Not so sure the MSM are the only speech terrorists.

Can't we get the government to control what non government people say? That should make things better.

Are you saying that MSM should be allowed to misinform or disinform because of free speech?

President Trump does.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: zosimov

You are wrong. The president is the biggest threat. trump is the biggest liar to grace the White House Ever. You just keep drinking your Kool Aid.

And this is all the proof you need folks.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Can't we get the government to control what non government people say? That should make things better.

Are you saying that MSM should be allowed to misinform or disinform because of free speech?

Yes, they should be allowed to misinform because of free speech.

Lie to the FBI...GO TO JAIL
lie to the people and cause trouble....Ok because of the first amendment
Tell the people the truth and upset them.....charged for incitement

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You would be correct in my estimation.

There is no way to force a publication to say what you want it to say..........

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

One of the issues that right-wingers mistake is blaming Twitter and Facebook for censorship, when it is really the governments, with their laws and regulations of social media, basically forcing their hands.

Les, the government???...who's in the WH, Who controls congress who makes the rules and regulations for social media.

I guess the question is....do you want a free internet. Or one where only trumps tweets are accepted and no discussion or dissent. Fascism?

I get it...free internet but controlled broadcast media. Slippery slope eh?

edit on 6-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

Yes, they should be allowed to misinform because of free speech.

Lie to the FBI...GO TO JAIL
lie to the people and cause trouble....Ok because of the first amendment
Tell the people the truth and upset them.....charged for incitement

It’s a quandary. But we should always allow the media to say what it wants. All I know is that I cannot think of one person, past or present or future, with the ability and moral authority to tell us what we can or cannot say.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: olaru12

Haha, good point, olaru!

We all see the problem... so, what's the solution?

Maybe we can brainstorm a bit on here.

For one, we ALL have the platform now to be responsible reporters. The problem is we've dug ourselves in these deep trenches all ready for warfare and might not report the truth responsibly if it doesn't fit our opinions.

I know the solution.
I don't watch news.

Or in other words other people dont inform me how to think unless in a conversation. In conversation i have a role too. Questions and clarifications.

It does wonders.

The only news id need to know about will be told to me if its so important.

I know it sounds simple.

It is.

just look away..

Make your own mind.
Make your own life.

edit on 6-1-2019 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join