It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women on the view imply we are bigots if we discuss certain facts on marriage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Can’t believe you watch the view

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sure that's the reason they married that particular contender that was in their pool of choices. But what was it that put them in that category of being a potential suitor?

Also I addressed that women will stay for a time if you're funny or good in bed (or whatever), but eventually she will want stability, safety, comfort, if not for herself then for her children, even if they are just "future" children at this point.

Of course, by the time some women realize this, it's too late. They may already have one or two or more kids with the guy who was good looking or funny, (kids can also be a great distraction from underlying issues in a relationship that will delay her moment of realization) and at some point she will just settle. Maybe she will have an affair to fill in that gap of happiness.

There are a lot of unhappy marriages out there made up of people who jumped the gun, then stayed together for the kids which is an honorable decision most of the time. Your own happiness must take 2nd priority when you decided to create another human and they still arent old enough to provide their own well being.

EDIT- I'm sorry I was in the middle of something, I shouldve mentioned that there are situations where it works out, and I'm not necessarily saying it's a "good" thing that things are this way. It's just the way it is. To deny it is like denying that men Generally prefer a woman with a contoured shape to their body as opposed to a fat potato shape.

People are always quick to address toxic masculinity while blowing over the issues women cause...and this is the very essence of their power. You can hardly say they are in a lesser position in every way... maybe a small handful compared to the ocean of ways in which they dominate society. Men make most of their life choices as a reaction to women and their preferences. Men see women flocking to men who are wealthy and powerful, to a lesser extent physically strong, and to an even lesser extent clever/funny, and they set their goals accordingly. All because women control what is in demand.

For many men, nothing enrages us like the thought or sight of women being harmed. A man being harmed? Damn, well that sucks for him. Sure I wouldve tried to help him if I was there. But a woman being harmed is not really much different than a child being harmed. I want to find the perpetrator and make them pay, personally.

Such is the power.

So my point is you can't say it's all negativity with no benefits being a woman. They have advantages and so do we. Theres no way to equalize that. You can try to force it but that is just gonna cause even More problems.

So you can give women forced equality in some situations but it's not so easy to force equality for the man. How are you gonna force someone to pull over and help me when my car breaks down? How are you gonna force a cop to let me off on a ticket?
edit on 1/6/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot

Can’t believe you watch the view

Can't believe you refuse to read a thread after you click on it and reply only to the title. That's a rather odd way to go about things, I must say.

But, if you dont mind sounding like a fool and accomplishing absolutely nothing, then I guess it's not too bad.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL

In a world where food, shelter and basic survival needs are already being met, a successful woman doesn't need to look for a mate who does anything more than make her laugh, if that's what she's looking for. Sometimes, just liking each other's company is enough to sustain a realtionshihp.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I don't think there is anything wrong with women making money for once. Are you suggesting that we should make sure women make less than men so that marriages last longer or something?

I think the solution would be for the culture to adjust and for women to be okay with marrying men who make the same or less than them. Men also have to adjust to the fact that women make money now. Sure, it makes it harder for a man to abuse his power over the relationship as the primary breadwinner. But isn't that a good thing?

Are you not okay with marrying a woman who makes more than you? Anyway, theoretically, with wage equality, the most likely scenario would be to marry a peer.

they must teach a class in this tactic. Obfuscation, misdirection, and hyperbole, all while not addressing the point at all. Dude, you aren't this daft, you just aren't.

The thread is about how women from the view were against the point Tucker Carlson made. And the point he made, was then backed up by someone on the show. the OP didn't stated an opinion on the topic.

Why do you hate brown people?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

because they can't get laid!

Who cares?

You guys put way too much value/emphasis on sexual activity

Not everybody is morally bankrupt or driven by the impulsive part of their brains. Some people actually act with purpose, reason and above all else, loyalty to a spouse. As others have said, the good ones in this country are looking to find Mrs. Right, settle down and have a family. All that other BS is just that, BS. Created largely by runaway media and Hollyweird "influences" (who in reality shouldn't even be influencing their own lives, most likely)

Notice a common theme? Self control.

It prevents financial problems, inter-personal problems, legal problems, etc. No one ever went broke by only spending within their means. That means bills are paid first, money is put in the bank and whatever is leftover. No one ever got themselves into a bad situation by choosing not to sleep around before they were ready to start a family or get involved in a serious relationship. Making good decisions leads to successful outcomes, the effects of all that other victimhood biased "worlds against me" BS is extremely marginal. Generally it is an excuse for those who underachieve so they don't have to feel bad about underachieving.

edit on 1/6/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
PEOPLE seem to have a habit if falling head over heels for a person, choosing to overlook their imperfections, thinking that they will be able to change them... somehow. then you get this...
"But, if you really love me, you will..."
bit.
people seem to have a problem falling in love with real people, they seem to fall in love with the image they hope they will become after they change them!!
so who's fault is that?
you can't really pin the blame solely on women when historically speaking, culture kind of forced the women to twist and bend into whatever the husband wished her to be, regardless of her desires.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I wonder if the real problem is men feeling insecure about women making as much or more than them.

How do you get that from the op or the thread

Some women of no real,account were discussing or not discussing but denying a fact that some women won’t marry below their income and you turn it into a men’s insecurity thing

Are men insecure, yes, but in context that’s irrelevant, it’s about women I’d denial about what other women are doing

Women are welcome to make money, not marry a man who earns less than them, just don’t blatantly deny/lie to the world about it because you want people to perceive you as an altruist not a gold digger

Crazy krackers

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Who cares?

Tucker Carlson cares, deeply.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry Grambler, I wanted to view the video before commenting. The youtube video isn't working, is there a direct link to it?

I thought maybe someone else linked one because of all the responses, but I haven't seen one linked yet and I looked through all the pages. Maybe I missed it...is it possible to get a link from you?

Thanks!
blend

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

I'm sorry Grambler, I wanted to view the video before commenting. The youtube video isn't working, is there a direct link to it?

I thought maybe someone else linked one because of all the responses, but I haven't seen one linked yet and I looked through all the pages. Maybe I missed it...is it possible to get a link from you?

Thanks!
blend

Here is a link to my video

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Take a tiny minority on the fringe and pretend that they represent the majority of the folks you disagree with politically

When you use the term "lefties" you are doing the same..irony!

As for the OP, the view is a waste of time, the represent the fringe more than the common..I sure hope so anyway.
edit on 6-1-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Thank you for linking the actual clip! That was very kind of you and I'll give it a look through!

Thanks!
blend

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
PEOPLE seem to have a habit if falling head over heels for a person, choosing to overlook their imperfections, thinking that they will be able to change them... somehow. then you get this...
"But, if you really love me, you will..."
bit.
people seem to have a problem falling in love with real people, they seem to fall in love with the image they hope they will become after they change them!!
so who's fault is that?
you can't really pin the blame solely on women when historically speaking, culture kind of forced the women to twist and bend into whatever the husband wished her to be, regardless of her desires.

Ah, so it's society's fault women who end up with buyer's remorse are weak, impulsive and have no backbone, gotcha.
That's crap and you know it. Way to shirk encouraging personal responsibility there.

It takes two to say "I do". Both are equally at fault for thinking they got a pile of clay to mold instead of a spouse, especially the one that ignored their early intuition. Not society.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Take a tiny minority on the fringe and pretend that they represent the majority of the folks you disagree with politically

As for the OP, the view is a waste of time, the represent the fringe more than the common..I sure hope so anyway.

In general I agree

Though as this thread shows and I have seen many times in life, many people do actually try to # down certain facts as bigoted

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: vonclod

In general I agree

Though as this thread shows and I have seen many times in life, many people do actually try to # down certain facts as bigoted

I know that's a typo due to where the I and U keys are, but it couldn't be a more apt typo for the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

For sure, I agree, these words get over used so often(bigot, racist..etc), they are losing clout/meaning.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Something I have learned a long time ago is to back up statements with facts. I'm sure that Tucker was quoting a survey or a study. He's a smart guy and knows how to do his research. He also has a team of fact-checkers that work for him. You have to have your sources ready to distinguish between anecdote/opinion and data.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lincolnparadox

Something I have learned a long time ago is to back up statements with facts. I'm sure that Tucker was quoting a survey or a study. He's a smart guy and knows how to do his research. He also has a team of fact-checkers that work for him. You have to have your sources ready to distinguish between anecdote/opinion and data.

In the time slot available for his show, I don’t think he should have to go over every study that proves any statement he makes

If someone disagrees with his statement, they can ask to see the research

People on the view, this thread and elsewhere assume the statement is bigoted and don’t even question rather or not gheirbis evidence and studies

Even when those studies were provided on this thread they were still dismissed with no discussion as to why other than they are bigoted

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join