It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women on the view imply we are bigots if we discuss certain facts on marriage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I think much of today's politics flies in the face of biology and science.
All the gender label hoohaw and denial of IQ are just 2 quick examples.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Given the opportunity to support themselves, through educational opportunities and equal pay for equal work, women won't have to settle for a "less desireable" man to marry based on her own desperation and need to be taken care of. Women, and men, can choose their mates based on compatibility, rather than the ability to support the wife (ball and chain) and the kids.

Given the opportunity...lol equal pay for equal work... her own desperation...lol what long past decade do you live in? Do men have more opportunity to go to college then women? Seems weird then that there are more women in college then men... My CEO is a women, as it the CFO, as is 2 out of 5 VPs...

When I hire it is a set rate for all. Very little wiggle room of between 78k to 82k based on past experiences. Gender has nothing to do with it...

Desperation??? Many women find it a easier life to have their partner bring in the pay instead of them, and I agree, but at last no rich moms for me... Around every rich man there is a pool of never ending women that would love to be misses right.

As all things it is all about goals and desires in life while putting forth the focused effort to attain them. Whether it is to be a CEO, house mom or even a trophy wife women have a good number of choice, unlike men do...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think what Carlso said is true, and has been true in the past but is rapidly changing, and maybe that
is where the disconnect is.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I think the solution would be for the culture to adjust and for women to be okay with marrying men who make the same or less than them.

Good idea. Yeah, let's just "make that happen". Let's just erase the genetically encoded instincts for a woman to desire a man who can provide and protect her with wealth, smarts, physical strength...

Hey, that just gave me an idea... we could solve every problem like that! Wanna eliminate racism? Easy. "The solution would be for the culture to adjust and for people of different colors to be ok with eachother."

Why didnt we think of that before?! 🤦‍♂️ Can we just, please, wave that magic wand at All of our problems?
edit on 1/6/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What do you think Mother Nature (biology) is? It's a male and female pairing up based on compatibility and physical attraction.

Arranged marriages ignore attraction, compatibility and true love. Mankind ignored this aspect of "Mother Nature" and natural selection for thousands of years. Society killed and alienated those people who acted on their attractions and love urges.

And part of biology is that the female wants/needs some security during bearing and rearing so she seeks that compatible and reliable male who can provide it. The signals for that in our modern world are wealth and resources as much as love. Having to give up wealth (her own if she's better off) is a reduction in security in order to bear and rear.

None of that goes away because a woman is successful in the work place. Women still sacrifice to take time out to have children. Keeping them barefoot and pregnant, poor and without their own financial independence isn't an advantageous route for them or their families, and certainly not advantageous for society in general.

To come up with an analog in the mammalian world, this is why in a wolf pack only the alpha female breeds and then she only breeds with the alpha male and the rest of the pack work to support them and their pups.

Women are mammals, true, but we are not dogs or bitches.

edit on 6-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Given the opportunity...lol equal pay for equal work... her own desperation...lol what long past decade do you live in? Do men have more opportunity to go to college then women? Seems weird then that there are more women in college then men... My CEO is a women, as it the CFO, as is 2 out of 5 VPs...

This seems to be the mindset that Tucker Carlson is attacking. To many women CEOs, making incels depressed and driving them to drugs and alcohol, even suicide because they can't get laid!

When I hire it is a set rate for all. Very little wiggle room of between 78k to 82k based on past experiences. Gender has nothing to do with it...

Good for you! What makes you think that Tucker Carlson was blaming you?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm not saying women shouldn't have careers.
I am saying their satisfaction with that alone never lived up to expectations.

Neither did staying at home, cooking, cleaning and rearing the kids.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's the ugly little truth behind a woman's drive to find a man who can solidly provide and why she wants someone she can sort of look up to, not because she wants to be dominated but because she wants that security while she's bearing and rearing. The more capable she is, the more capable her internal instincts will insist he be. Instinct is a b**** to override.

When two men are equal the one that gets the promotion is the one typically with the greater drive. That includes longer working days and more time focused on company needs. When a woman and a man are equal it is still who has the greater drive. I know a program manager that is a single mom of two...she never married and wanted to have kids, GREAT! But I can tell you her days are limited due to her children needs, while other program managers are working long hours and going on long business trips overseas, she can't and her limitations are by choice, and there is a good chance she will not be selected over others..including other women that are not limited as she is.

Some here will scream foul, but it is also unfair to those who put in more effort than she does no matter the reason if she gets the promotion over them. Then we see a situation where she been working for the company for ten years and gets passed by as others who get promoted over her and people then scream equal pay!! Many men get passed over too, my male employee that has been here the longest has been passed by a good number of times by other employees with less years under their belt, and there are reasons...

edit on 6-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Why are you living in the past?

None of what you wrote had anything to do with my point.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yep. She makes sacrifices to have kids.

This is where the so-called pay gap comes from. She really isn't doing equal work at that point, not because she isn't capable of it but because she can't, and that is by her choice. She chose to have kids.

But this is why biology primes a woman to want a man who can provide and her standard will be high, higher than what she could do for herself in most cases. That step down is scary, for anyone. Having to make do with less makes you feel less secure.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Whether it is to be a CEO, house mom or even a trophy wife women have a good number of choice, unlike men do...

Men don't have a good number of choices? really..
Sure they do, they just don't want to admit it.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The women on The View attack Tucker Carlso for citing the well backed up fact that women often do not want to marry men that make less than them. Tucker made this statement as he was discussing the decline of the institution of marriage, and all of the pronlems that brings.

The women on the view say this fact must be a lie, without provideing any reason, and attack Tucker as trying to keep women down from even bringing it up.

First of all, your youtube link doesn't work for me so I can't watch the interchange.
But reading what you wrote, I don't get it? Guy says something he thinks is related to the breakdown of marriages, hosts refuse the premise, but at the same time say he's trying to prevent women from voicing it? (If they don't think its true, why would they think there are women who want to talk about it?)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There is an old saying 'women are like hurricanes-they come in wet and wild and leave with your house and car.'

edit on 6-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm really mind boggled as to how anybody can seriously discuss the "pay gap" at this point. I was under the impression that the numbers being tossed about, while true, had been so thoroughly demonstrated to be a gross oversimplification of the "issue" that they were essentially worthless.

Less hours worked. Less dangerous jobs. Less dangerous conditions. More time not at work. Less STEM careers. The list goes on and on as to why women as a gender make less than men as a gender and nowhere on that list is "every single hiring manager in America has somehow figured out how to game the system and pay female employees $0.72 (or whatever number is en vogue now) for every dollar that they pay male employees."

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

It almost appears to me that talking about the true goals between males and females is strictly forbidden, especially if those goals show the other sex in poor light.

Some of the comments in this thread kind of made me sad.

Right? So much agree.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

This seems to be the mindset that Tucker Carlson is attacking. To many women CEOs, making incels depressed and driving them to drugs and alcohol, even suicide because they can't get laid!

I don't think he was saying women should make less but about women typically do not want to marry (or long term partnership) if the man doesn't make more than them... We all know families don't do as well with single parents as compared to the synergy of two parents. Whether men get depressed because someone doesn't want to marry them who cares...lol

link was broke so here is the video

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't get it either, but someone brought it up in this thread, so here we are.

It does tangentially relate though to why women tend to want men who can provide, so they want men with more resources as long-term partners when they settle down.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You're the one living in the past, claiming the biological innate weakness of women and their need for a strong male to provide for them and defend them, justifies Tucker Carlson's claim that successful women are to blame for the collapse of marriage.

edit on 6-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I don't think he was talking women should make less but about women typically do not want to marry (or long term partnership) if the man doesn't make more than them...

He cited that very issue as a problem that is leading to male alcoholism, drug abuse and even suicide. What's the solution? Pay men more! Of course!

We all know families don't do as well with single parents as compared to the synergy of two parents.

I know no such thing. I do know that "Father Knows Best" and Donna Reed" were fictional TC shows and not reality.

Whether men get depressed because someone doesn't want to marry them who cares...lol

And if a lonely housewife gets depressed because her husband is "working late" again, who cares!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It does tangentially relate though to why women tend to want men who can provide, so they want men with more resources as long-term partners when they settle down.

I don't know...My wife has been a mother for 20 years. My kids are exceptionally well rounded and doing great in life. I owe that to her mostly as she devoted all her time to them and me. We have a great life together and are looking forward when it is just the two of us.

I think Tucker went the wrong direction with his talk, the breakdown of marriage in general is not good for rearing children and we can add a 1000 negative things as to why that breakdown has become more of a norm than not. Even in decent marriages where both work hard I see their kids as a mess, so the bottom line is kids in general are not getting the focus they need to grow and mature correctly.

As to some guy is less desirable because he doesn't make enough money, I can care less.. Maybe he needs to go to the gym, and/or work on his personally, or lower what he sees as his minimum standards...lol

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join