It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women on the view imply we are bigots if we discuss certain facts on marriage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I only put this in the pit so others rude comments dont get the thread shut down.

SOmetimes it seems like people want to say facts are bigotted or racist in a convenient effort to ignore those facts.

This is an example.

The women on The View attack Tucker Carlso for citing the well backed up fact that women often do not want to marry men that make less than them.

Tucker made this statement as he was discussing the decline of the institution of marriage, and all of the pronlems that brings.

The women on the view say this fact must be a lie, without provideing any reason, and attack Tucker as trying to keep women down from even bringing it up.

Feminists have done things like this before, trying to silence former feminists Casey Jay and her movie the Red Pill, that discussed problems men are having in society, and in other examples as well.

This is very bad because it means that certain issues such as mens suicide cant be addressed, becuase the implication is to address them is anti woman, which is absurd.

The funny thing about this video is how at the end, after mocking Tucker as being wrong, the one woman actually admiots that yes, her wealthy female friends dont want to marry men who make less, therby proving Tuckers point in the first place.

(post by UpIsNowDown removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah the View are ignorant on many issues.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Is that you Whoopie?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This is very bad because it means that certain issues such as mens suicide cant be addressed, becuase the implication is to address them is anti woman, which is absurd.

Oh yeah! The solution is, women need to start asking their employers to pay them less, and men more, so the poor, lonely incels won't do drugs and alcohol to drown their "I can't get laid" sorrows! LOL

edit on 6-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything wrong with women making money for once. Are you suggesting that we should make sure women make less than men so that marriages last longer or something?

I think the solution would be for the culture to adjust and for women to be okay with marrying men who make the same or less than them. Men also have to adjust to the fact that women make money now. Sure, it makes it harder for a man to abuse his power over the relationship as the primary breadwinner. But isn't that a good thing?

Are you not okay with marrying a woman who makes more than you? Anyway, theoretically, with wage equality, the most likely scenario would be to marry a peer.
edit on 06amSun, 06 Jan 2019 10:50:50 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The opinions expressed on the view mean little to us working people. It’s just another daytime soap opera, full of hate and despair.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's what it seems like Grambler is saying... he can correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 06amSun, 06 Jan 2019 10:52:04 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Well, it's certainly what Tucker Carlson was saying. "Down with equal pay for equal work!" "Think of the poor incels!"

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Oh this thread won't be shut down-i've got your back.

I must begrudgingly admit I have seen the show in question, and after seeing snippets from a few episodes I could see the anti-male sentiment, blah blah blah men are evil blah blah hashtag blah blah blah #metoo.

I don't want to be painted with the same brush as Hollywood pervs, and I'm sure you wouldn't either. I pride myself on being a gentleman as others such as yourself, I've been on the receiving end of drunken phone calls from ex's berating me endlessly, men can be abused too.

link   

I wonder if the real problem is men feeling insecure about women making as much or more than them.

+11 more 
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

That's what it seems like Grambler is saying... he can correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow!

No I am not saying women shouldnmake less!

This is my exact criticism in fact!

Anyone who says we cant discuss this problem becvaise it must be saying we wantv women to make less is insuring we cant discuss facts, and that is bad.

For example, an increased economy has had problems that have resulted from it.

Deforestation, obesity.

So if i discuss deforestation or obesity, am I saying I want the economy to collapse?

Of course not!

The idea set up that men and women are adversaries, and we cant discuss any problems without either taking the side of men over women of vice versa is exactly what I am criticizing.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: darkbake

Well, it's certainly what Tucker Carlson was saying. "Down with equal pay for equal work!" "Think of the poor incels!"

And thank you for proving the point.

I assume you also believe all feminists that discussing wanting women to do better are all saying they want men to do worse.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Don't waste your time Grambler. Lefties looooove the term "incel" enough to apply it to any situation they wish. It has zero relevance to your OP.
It's the same thing with white nationalists. Take a tiny minority on the fringe and pretend that they represent the majority of the folks you disagree with politically.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You really seem concerned with me lately.

Try going out in the real world and seeoing actual people with power, such as msm people or politicians and be concerned with what they say, as opposed to what anonymous people with no power say.

For you, we should not focus on actual people with power, we should only criticize what p[eople on ATS say.

Oh but only right wingers right? I mean you keep acting as if only right wiong abise occurs on ATS, ignoring all of that from the left.

Your attempts to claim I am concerned with hits on my youtube channel is a way to shut down discussion because you ahve nothing relevant to say. You say this because you cant keep up with on topic points, and seek to get stars from people like you that seek to attack instead of dressing the issues.

edit on Sun Jan 6 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Oh yeah! The solution is, women need to start asking their employers to pay them less, and men more, so the poor, lonely incels won't do drugs and alcohol to drown their "I can't get laid" sorrows! LOL

The solution is for women not to have material gains high on the list of reasons to marry a man. Men who are financially stable are very desirable to women...even short fat ugly men...lol

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
You realy are looking to be offended these days by TV (turn it of), try reading some threads on here for more misogyny than you can shake a stick at, but it might not appeal to your base supporters, of course the threads i refer to are about demon women from the left, such as Michelle "shes a man/monkey/dumb" obama or AOC (shes a dumb whore/slut)

Well the topic is not Michelle... why do you go there, plus can you link one post that describes here as you say. There might be some that talk about her intelligence but then there are 1000s of posts talking about any number of people's intelligence.

I don't think she is special or has done anything special in her life. When Barack became a senator Michelle got a position in a hospital for around 300k plus per year...she didn't do anything there and the position quietly disappeared when Barack became president. If you know anything about Illinois politics you will know why she had that job, so what exactly has she done that wasn't created by her husband positions? As I said she might be a fine lady, but nothing special...

edit on 6-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I blame materialism for the way a lot of women are these days. Narcissism through the use of social media, over inflated egos, and pathetic men that cater to these types of women.

Ultimately pathetic men enable women to have power by holding them on an undeserved pedestal. Pop culture and social media are to blame.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I assume you also believe all feminists that discussing wanting women to do better are all saying they want men to do worse.

Nope. That's the kind of thinking Tucker Carlson would project on his guest.

I don't believe that the financial success of women, through equal opportunity and equal pay, drives their male counterparts to drugs and alcohol, or destroys marriages.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nope. That's the kind of thinking Tucker Carlson would project on his guest.

I don't believe that the financial success of women, through equal opportunity and equal pay, drives their male counterparts to drugs and alcohol, or destroys marriages.

Oh so you are a hypocrite,.

Someone shows the proven fact that the more women make, the less they want to marry men who make less is a bogot.

People citing stats on why its bad for women to make less money are not bigots.

Gotcha.

Meanwhile, Tucker blamed all sorts of things for the drug problem, collapse in marriage was one of them.

he did not say women should not make more money to stop this, he only pointed out that collapse of marriage has many bad consequences.

edit on 6-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join