It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I like tobacco snuff.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah, you can get cancer from chewing tobacco. A guy I went to school with lost part of his lower jaw to cancer due to his constant chew habit.

That stuff has carcinogens in it period. Not just when burned and inhaled.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Yeah, you can get cancer from chewing tobacco. A guy I went to school with lost part of his lower jaw to cancer due to his constant chew habit.

That stuff has carcinogens in it period. Not just when burned and inhaled.

With all due respect....DUH! its only been printed on packages,cans etc.and banned from TV advertising since the late 70's. Thats the power of nicotine addiction. Its not just psychological its physical and in most individuals that use it becomes difficult as hell to stop. As far as ECigs know they aren't good for you either, but at least for me the need to puff is diminishing and is giving me a fighting chance at quitting all together. For me when I tried to quit cold turkey,I couldn't sleep .For 3-4 days Id get 1 or 2 hours sleep,its hard to function with that amount of sleep

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Can one overdose on nicotine?

Yes

Nicotine is highly toxic in humans at high doses and deaths have been caused by ingesting water that had cigarettes steeped in it. In non-tolerated users, 1-4 mg of nicotine can cause a sense of overstimulation, nausea, vertigo, and dysphoria. Nicotine poisonings occur from skin contact with tobacco plants, contact with nicotine-containing pesticides, after intentional oral ingestion (suicides), and young children accidentally eating tobacco products. The U.S. Center for Disease Control reports the "fatal human dose has been estimated to be about 50 to 60 mg [Lazutka et al. 1969]" (CDC.gov).

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That part about vertigo rings a big bell for me; I remember the days before we had kids and still smoked inside the house, I'd wake up in the early hours and light a ciggie in bed, after only a few tokes it would feel as if someone had just plunged a syringe full of heroin into my temples,

It was always easy falling back to sleep afterwards, nicotine has crazy effects on a sleepy mind and body.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The vaping furry.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I chewed snuff one time while working at a flooring mill. They said I turned green, my head started spinning and I had to go lay down on a lumber pile for over twenty minutes before I could stand up without falling over. It must have expanded my blood vessels too fast and my blood pressure probably dropped and made me dizzy. I felt crappy for the whole day.

Another bad event with snuff was when I was insulating walls and someone spit a chew out when I was under him. It was running down my forehead from my hair.

Both events got lots of laughs and ews from people.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

When I was a delivery driver I used menthol snuff all the time. Then they stopped selling the brand I liked, and the town I moved to doesn't sell it either. I'm actually a fan of it, and I wish I had the snuff I want. Very little selection..
edit on 10-1-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The most perturbing thing about it all? They're talking about the school, OK a connection. Then you realize they went there ten years after you. They have no idea what you're talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join