It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery is still alive-thank you loopholes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good day to all of you ball n' chainers, today i'm going to post my personal experiences that lead me to believe that slavery is alive and well.

First off I'll start with one of my first jobs-picking pineapples. Now if you have never done it, imagine getting acupuncture from a blind man while walking through 120F temperatures, not fun.

This is where it gets interesting.One day I overheard my boss talking to his father-the former boss-about a plan to hire migrant workers, buy a few caravans and charge them rent. So in other words these workers would give back a majority of wages back to their employers. Hmmm...crops, paid a pittance that is returned to the employer...did someone say plantation?

It doesn't end there. The boss after that offered to build me a house and fix up a Volvo for me but here is the kicker-the house was on their property. They have already did the same thing to their secretary, she has a house on Their property and has to pay them. and work for them for life to pay it off. Enslavement anyone?

The final nail in the coffin is these are family businesses-I did the smart thing and ignored the "invitations" and never returned. Has this ever happened to you? if so please let people know. The cake is A lie but this cake isn't stupid.

I'll leave you with a quote from the video game Bioshock "a man chooses, a slave obeys."
edit on 6-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It won't matter in 10 years, everything will be automated.

Besides, these people could always say "no" to this job, and do a different type of job in agriculture. I mean if you willingly give yourself up to slavery, you kind of have to stop and ask, why do I care?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

The problem is the latter are idiots.

These Idiots grew Mangos as well, they had a chance of making thousands on Mango juice as I told them, instead it went in one ear and out the other and payed another employee to pick and pay them with a few cases of beer!

And I was the one who was accused of being high-go figure, their loss.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yes. Modern slavery is very common in our country.
People on benefit are socalled forced-volunteers.
Well, you guessed it: there is nothing voluntary about it. You're forced to do the jobs for FREE. And if you don't there's no more income for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Their property and has to pay them. and work for them for life to pay it off.
Enslavement anyone
?

Ok??
Whats the difference between that and getting a mortgage and paying the bank for the rest of your life??
You lost me??

It seems like a matter of who is doing the enslaving and not a matter of slavery still existing?
A pick your poison kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Their property and has to pay them. and work for them for life to pay it off.
Enslavement anyone
?

Ok??
Whats the difference between that and getting a mortgage and paying the bank for the rest of your life??
You lost me??
quote]

Is your bank paying your weekly wages?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Is your bank paying your weekly wages?

Thats not their end of the deal.
If I worked for the bank then yes,they would have to pay my wages.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Case closed-if you worked for a bank should you have to pay for taking out a loan?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Not only does modern slavery exist from employer & government tax, insurance & lending schemes, it also still exists in a traditional sense. The African slave trade never ended. Islamists still control it today just like they did hundreds of years ago when Electorally elected Abraham Libcoln abolished slavery in the U.S.A.. a cellphone would cost over $10,000 without African slaves mining tantalum in the Congo. Anything with a computer in it would cost 10 times more without slavery. Diamonds would also cost more. If you're using a computer/smartphone you literally support traditional slavery.
edit on 6-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Lots of modern slavery here in the UK. Police investigations of the hand car wash phenonomen. Yes, it is a good deal for the driver, car washed vacuumed and polished, all for a tenner. But when the workers washing your car number 4 or five and it takes an hour for them to do the job, how much are they being paid?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Migrant workers rarely have the opportunity to say no to the work. The gang-masters have seen to that. Some confiscate id paperwork, passports etc, telling the migrant they have to pay off their debts before they can have their passports back.

People who chose to put the mortgage chain around their necks can always choose to chain themselves to another property/mortgage/bank. People in tied housing (tied to the job), do not have the legal right to sell the property and move on.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Nah, the rich folks would say that's good business and a way to ensure profits and loyalty.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
yeah Slavery is alive and well, ask the children and women of sex slavery that is so rampant.

Sorry but in the face of things like that, I find the op a bit underwhelming

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So slavery is illegal and only illegals are slaves??

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
Lots of modern slavery here in the UK.

In the UK some unscrupulous employers take advantage of illegal immigrants who cannot really complain if they are taken advantage of. Car washes, takeaway, delivery drivers, casual labourers - all the low skill jobs which keep the legitimately employed happy.

One area often neglected is household servants, typically young women, who are "imported" to run the households of richer foreigners or British nationals from abroad. Not only do these people live in slavery, they are often abused. They cannot do anything about it because they don't speak English, have their passport confiscated and are illegal anyway. Sometimes these people are related to the "employer".

It's pretty crap. But at least the UK government is doing something about it by putting in some tough laws. Regardless, if you are illegally in the UK the last thing you want to do is go to the police with a complaint, eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Globalization and Free Trade Agreements are the new method of slavery.

You no longer can drag boat loads of Africans to your country to work in your factories and farms.

BUT, now you build your factory in their country.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes it is still very much alive.

Sometimes they prey on those that have no place to turn.

I have worked on cases where the victims stories are worse than any horror movie you have ever seen.

There is a side to the illegal crossing of the border that they won't talk about. It is also likely why they don't show many pics of women and children among the numbers. Because if they talked to any that aren't under the chains of their handler, you might just hear the truth about their trip and what they have to endure. For many it makes Hell look like paradise.

Not so strange occurrences. www.tampabay.com...

ciw-online.org...

www.csmonitor.com...

edit on 6-1-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidental posting. + Addendum

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Slavery will not be done away with until the new world. Even working for an employer is a form of slavery.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouareLoved
Slavery will not be done away with until the new world. Even working for an employer is a form of slavery.

I think that for the vast majority of people who are not being exploited by their employers, employment is not slavery in any way at all. In the developed world, people work voluntarily and can change their employer and move around as they see fit. Exploitation is typically done to those who are unwilling, or unable to have recourse to the law, such a illegal immigrants.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Get a better job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join