It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Could Lose Food Assistance If Government Shutdown Continues

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: knoxie

This is one of the wired things that you notice even on these boards.

Trump supporters are so inconsistent in what they think this wall actually is.

Some of them say its a metaphorical wall, its about using technology and increasing patrols then others talk about it like its a physical wall. Which is understandable because Trumps promise was a big tall concrete wall that Mexico would pay for. He broke that promise and now he is trying to get the taxpayer to pay for a fake-wall so he can keep his supporters happy. The very same supporters who don't seem to even know themselves what the wall actually is.

Its all very strange....

He campaigned for both increased border security and the wall.

I’ve never seen any politician work so hard to achieve the things he campaigned on. And I think that’s what you guys are scared of, your politicians doing what they’ve always done: campaigning to get elected and then achieving very little.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

edit on 6-1-2019 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Propagandalf

Probably shouldn't have had those welfare babies, in retrospect.

My two kids were born into a married household with a pretty comfortable income. Should I have not had kids because my ex-wife would decide to skip town a few years later, after running up massive credit card debt and cleaning out multiple bank accounts?

You seem to either be so thoroughly partisan that there's no situation that's acceptable to you for a person to get some government help because "welfare is bad" or you've lead such a preposterously easy life that you simply can't comprehend that for a lot of people, sometimes snip happens and they need a safety net to get back up on their feet.

Or you just have a hard-on for hating poor people and people in tough situations. Pretty gross.
edit on 6-1-2019 by Shamrock6 because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

he campaigned and that's it.

he's incapable of anything else.. but, the blame game. he's great at blaming and whining.

he's too scared of fox media to do anything. he's a clown.

edit on 6-1-2019 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Some of them say its a metaphorical wall, its about using technology and increasing patrols then others talk about it like its a physical wall. Which is understandable because Trumps promise was a big tall concrete wall that Mexico would pay for. He broke that promise and now he is trying to get the taxpayer to pay for a fake-wall so he can keep his supporters happy. The very same supporters who don't seem to even know themselves what the wall actually is.

Its all very strange....

I’ve never seen any politician work so hard to achieve the things he campaigned on. And I think that’s what you guys are scared of, your politicians doing what they’ve always done: campaigning to get elected and then achieving very little.

He did though campaign for a real hard solid wall along the boarder though.

Now I must say I do admire him to a extent for trying to stick to his promise but there comes a point where enough is enough and when they are looking at taking away food stamps then something needs to be done.

I also don't really feel "scared" about any of this and find it rather peculiar that you seem to be trying to ascribe emotions to me as if you're reading my mind from across the internet.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

All they have is the wall. The list of completed campaign promises is huge.

This is a bad strategy since it highlights just how bad past leaders were.

This non politician actually does what he says he will. For those that hate him and people like us it makes them seem weaker than us socially.

When you pay as much in taxes as they do, and donate the money they do to special interests, it is infuriating to see "ten toothed" Trump supporters shaping the world with nothing more than faith and resolve.

edit on 1 6 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

As I have said before this isn't about the money its about the political optics of the situation.

So the Democrats are "holding the government hostage", to take Schumer's line, over optics?

seems legit
edit on am11201919America/Chicago06p10am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
FEMA camps in 5 4 3 2 1 FEMA is a go!

Operation cull the masses is a go!

Why does this look like the makings of a bad false flag conspiricy movie to cull the population of undesireables into prison work camps.
Work or get sent to a FEMA camp near you.

It would take is mass food riots and then martial law could be enacted.

If you think about it homeland security has been buying lots of military equipment and bullets, FEMA has been getting coffins and preparing for something big.

Could it be that it is not a democrat or republican conspiracy but instead a agenda 21 depopulation conspiricy.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Probably shouldn't have had those welfare babies, in retrospect.

What a nasty comment.

Some people love their kids dearly and have lost their jobs, had their families break down, found themselves evicted, on benefits and trying to do they best by their kids. Sometimes these people need a bit of help.

Honestly I am pretty disgusted at this comment, I think its a symptom of the internet, one of those things that you would never actually say to someone face to face but can say it cowering behind the anonymity of the internet because you're arguments are so lacking that your only resort is to insult those less well of than yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Dims can pay for stuff one crisis at a time. I say screw em. A long time ago I was getting divorced and became unemployed within a 2 week span. Ex cleaned me out and thought it was funny. No department anywhere would help me even with gas money. They actually said your white go find a job. I had less than $500 and no place to live. I pulled up and moved on. Divorce was final hit some money on the lottery and found a job the same day. Ex wanted me back HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry no sympathy here have seen too many abuses.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

then why are the cable news pundits - rush and ann - telling him he'll lose support if there is no wall?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have witnessed first hand people having babies to increase their "income".

I do not believe all welfare people fall into this category, just like I don't think they all arise from your terrible situation.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That reply to OSOTC was meant for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Nobody wants to be poor.

Its quite clear though that our conversation (if I can call it that) has come to a end.

I hope next time you are able to show a little more compassion.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Its all very strange....

He did though campaign for a real hard solid wall along the boarder though.

Now I must say I do admire him to a extent for trying to stick to his promise but there comes a point where enough is enough and when they are looking at taking away food stamps then something needs to be done.

I also don't really feel "scared" about any of this and find it rather peculiar that you seem to be trying to ascribe emotions to me as if you're reading my mind from across the internet.

Well yes, I was guessing, but then again, you’ve already done it numerous times in this thread so I’m not very concerned.

He campaigned for a wall, and he’s trying to make it happen against insurmountable odds and opposition. While you guys try to tear him down he is nonetheless setting the world standard for how politics should be done.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Nm

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

....too late lol I already saw you agreeing with me.

Don't worry we will keep it quiet.
edit on 6-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Lololol.
It seemed contrived so I didn't want to post it.

I'm glad you saw it.

Compassion is in short supply. It has its place for sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Its all very strange....

That's why they're so hellbent on destroying Donald Trump by any means necessary.

They only have a majority in the house, not the Senate and a president they can't force to concede, making it virtually impossible for them to accomplish anything.

But, they can obstruct the president, have endless investigations and committee hearings, and do everything they can to keep the republicans and president from accomplishing anything as well, but they will ultimately fail at most of that.

They're going to lose whatever little sanity they might have with this president before all is said and done. Some already are.

Maybe the American people will finally see the democrats for what they have become and are now.

They're slowly self-destructing.

It's a good thing.

edit on 6-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

They’re setting themselves up for failure. Trump is setting the new bar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join