It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DarkOverLord Hack is Misdirection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Everyone is focused on the DarkOverLord and 911 while another hack flys under the radar.

Has anyone heard about this hack? Is anyone digging into the massive amount of data that has been released on these NWO players?

Everyone has been focused on the DarkOverLord because 911 and UFO information has been hacked. People are now digging into the 911 information released by the DarkOverLord.

Meanwhile Germany covers-up and does damage control on a massive hack that seems to have gone unnoticed by sites like this.

Germany hacked: Angela Merkel's colleagues among mass data dump victims

The dumped data, which started slipping out onto the internet the week before Christmas, ranged from internal political party communications to photographs of ID cards, letters, emails, invoices, chat transcripts, mobile phone numbers and credit card information, as well as other miscellaneous categories.

Nobody appeared sure where the data came from, though the sheer breadth and depth of it suggests a sustained operation that was ongoing for some years, judging by other reports.

While Die Tagesschau presented the hack as motivated by right-wing political beliefs, other outlets looked closely at the data dump and saw that the ruling centre-right party, Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union, had also been targeted – something that suggests the motive may not have been entirely political.

edit on 6-1-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Was anything learned about Angela Merkel

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Not that I have seen. That is the point. Her

internal political party communications to photographs of ID cards, letters, emails, invoices, chat transcripts, mobile phone numbers and credit card information, as well as other miscellaneous categories.

were released and no one is looking into it that I can find. Maybe in Germany or some where on twitter they are but I have not seen any information gained from this massive hack.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This massive hack of public officials in Germany was revealed 2 days ago. It's just not as "juicy" of a story as 9-11 and UFO's.

We ordinary citizens have our private information stolen all the time. Top officials aren't, and shouldn't be, exempt from the same threats.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Exactly a big "juicy" distraction. Ordinary citizens get there credit card info stolen and there Identity stolen. Some nude pics or a sex tape even.

Here we have internal political party communications among other things released to the public on twitter around the same time the "juicy" DarkOverLord went public. I have not heard a peep about what is in these internal political party communications.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I read about this the other day. The only party that wasn't hacked was a far-right group; the obvious implication there is they must have done it. At the same time I couldn't help thinking it was almost conveniently helpful and hard to believe.

It seems more believable that someone with all the resources to hack multiple political parties has left a red herring.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That is true and it would be smart to plant a red herring in the hack. Looks like not everyone is buying it though.

While Die Tagesschau presented the hack as motivated by right-wing political beliefs, other outlets looked closely at the data dump and saw that the ruling centre-right party, Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union, had also been targeted – something that suggests the motive may not have been entirely political.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Has anything explosive come out? It looks like mischief intended to unsettle Germany's politicians and make them jittery about security. It's not so long ago when they discovered the NSA was all ears and now they've got another entity in their business. I imagine a lot are still on Windows 7 and opening attachments in phishy emails.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I bet you are right about Windows 7

I have not seen anything at all, let alone explosive from any news sources or more importantly here.

If all these "other outlets looked closely at the data" where are the juicy breaking news headlines. There has got to be some good news stories in the internal political party communications, letters, emails, invoices and chat transcripts. There should be Pulitzer Prize material in there!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Namaste *-*
basically when it starts trending on (social) media , it IS misdirection. nothing goes viral without consent given.

Dark over load script , over load = obfrustication... oh it's lord , thats baal... isn't it.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Yeah it does seem a bit odd. You'd think sifting the emails of a 100 politicians would show at least a few having affairs, taking bribes or generally making money from dodgy deals.

Could it be? Say it ain't so! Are German politicians (gasp) actually honest?!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Exactly and DarkOverLord is trending and the Germany hack is not. Looks like the social media misdirection has worked.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Can Germany do a news blackout like England can? That could be an answer.

Maybe someone from Germany will drop in and let us know whats up. I can't believe out of 100 politicians, in any country, that all are honest

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

There's more info over at this Forbes article. There are apparently indications of Russian hacker groups as they've been involved in similar political hacks/data dumps in Germany. It makes sense to me or at least more sense than a small political party orchestrating it all.

"While actor attribution is notoriously difficult, early indications suggest that the Russian APT group Turla (a.k.a. Snake, Venomous Bear, Waterbug, and Uroboros) is behind the German data breaches" Chris Dawson, threat intelligence lead at Proofpoint said in an emailed statement. Proofpoint researchers point to Turla targeting German interests before "particularly leveraging a G20 summit on the digital economy that took place in Hamburg in October 2017" Dawson concludes.

One security researcher, @thegrugg, has speculated on Twitter that there has been far too much effort put into data takedown prevention for this to have been a lone wolf attacker. Purely in terms on man hours to upload all the data across some 40 download links each with a further four or five mirrors, and another 161 mirrors of the data files themselves. Indeed, every single file upload appears to have at least one mirror. The Grugg tweeted "If I had to guess, I'd say that the leak files were not produced at the same time. The changes in layout and naming suggest that it wasn't one person in one marathon session creating these."

It's frustrating in the sense it ultimately damages all of our societies. All the main platforms have created policies against hosting hacked material and western govs have essentially banned whistleblowers. So whilst it's fun to see politicians getting pwned, I can't help thinking we're heading to a place where they'll eventually be beyond investigation.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

its still big in the german news. but it isn't that bad and its not the first time something like that happens.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Maybe its the other way around and is this German hack some kind of distraction from the 9/11 hack.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The only ones that seem to care about the DarkOverLord hack seem to be the alternative media, the Germany hack has been getting lots of press in the MSM and av seen it getting coverage in the alt-media also so I don't really see anything as being a distraction.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

after two years ats i wonder what in this world isn't a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Your very existence is a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

There's more info over at this Forbes article. There are apparently indications of Russian hacker groups as they've been involved in similar political hacks/data dumps in Germany. It makes sense to me or at least more sense than a small political party orchestrating it all.

"While actor attribution is notoriously difficult, early indications suggest that the Russian APT group Turla (a.k.a. Snake, Venomous Bear, Waterbug, and Uroboros) is behind the German data breaches" Chris Dawson, threat intelligence lead at Proofpoint said in an emailed statement. Proofpoint researchers point to Turla targeting German interests before "particularly leveraging a G20 summit on the digital economy that took place in Hamburg in October 2017" Dawson concludes.

One security researcher, @thegrugg, has speculated on Twitter that there has been far too much effort put into data takedown prevention for this to have been a lone wolf attacker. Purely in terms on man hours to upload all the data across some 40 download links each with a further four or five mirrors, and another 161 mirrors of the data files themselves. Indeed, every single file upload appears to have at least one mirror. The Grugg tweeted "If I had to guess, I'd say that the leak files were not produced at the same time. The changes in layout and naming suggest that it wasn't one person in one marathon session creating these."

It's frustrating in the sense it ultimately damages all of our societies. All the main platforms have created policies against hosting hacked material and western govs have essentially banned whistleblowers. So whilst it's fun to see politicians getting pwned, I can't help thinking we're heading to a place where they'll eventually be beyond investigation.

Thanks for the link. That is some more info on the hack. Still no stories coming out from the data that was released.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join