It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yellow Vests, New Year New protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Is Europe falling?
Some said the protest would die down.
It seems the protest have gotten more serious and violent
I didn't see this going away, and I think it is going to get much much worse.
Museums are closing and that is rare, (protests in Europe are not rare) and should show how serious things are getting.

www.nytimes.com...
"government ministry building was attacked and the minister evacuated out the back door."

www.reuters.com...
protesters threw missiles at riot police blocking bridges over the Seine.

This is not a small movement like some are making it out to be either:
www.reuters.com...
"Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said about 50,000 people had protested in cities nationwide, including Bordeaux, Toulouse, Rouen and Marseille."

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Is Europe falling?

Do you mean Europe, as in all nations in Europe, or just France? Either way the answer is "no".

For some inexplicable reason some people seem to think that when there is a protest in any nation in Europe it is an indication that all these stable, advanced democracies are on the verge of imploding.

In all European countries people are constantly protesting about one thing or another. Sometimes it gets out of hand and some stones are thrown, but mostly it's orderly and unreported. In France there seems to be the occasional cultural need to have a real riot, and that's what we have at the moment with the Yellow Vests. A decade ago French immigrants were burning their own houses (sensible), and two decades ago they were burning English sheep and before that la-de-da. You get my point.

They even have the occasional riot in the US, but that does not presage the end of the USA does it?

Lastly: Europe is not France. The EU is not Europe.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Not that you'd know from the man but there was a demo in London yesterday.
Good few hundred there.

They seem to be organised by some ex BNP or edl Tyes as far as I can tell.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Is Europe falling?

No , the French are revolting ... against Emmanuel Macron and his elitist policies that is.
There's nothing French workers like more than protesting and holding their government to ransom , aside from cheese and wine of course , good on them for taking a stand.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com... "government ministry building was attacked and the minister evacuated out the back door."

This is fairly normal behavior in Western European democracies. In the U.S., which has utterly lost its sense of humor in the political arena, any such attempt would be labeled high treason and terrorism.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Do you mean Europe, as in all nations in Europe, or just France? Either way the answer is "no".

I grew up in Europe actually the France/Belgium region. I remember many protests, this one feels different.
I still have friends in the area, it feels different to them too.

WILL THE YELLOW VEST PROTESTS SPREAD? LEFTISTS THREATEN MASS PROTESTS IN GERMANY
www.newsweek.com...

www.bbc.com...
Serbia protests: Thousands march against President Vucic

www.nytimes.com...
Protesting ‘Slave Law,’ Thousands Take to Streets in Hungary

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Cuz 2 many muricans love their congress rep & propaganda disseminators more than their family or neighbors. Bad situation if freedom is your desire. Maybe hope in Europe?

reply to: Namdru

new topics

top topics

join