It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shelving Question ?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Okay...I'm looking for some industrial grade shelving, like stuff you find in a warehouse.

I'm looking for uprights which are about 42" - 48" deep and about 12' feet tall. I want to put 4'ish shelves on each "bay".

I want (5) bays of shelving, for a total of about 45' feet of shelves (12' high with 4 shelves on each bay).

I'm talking strong stuff, like able to load pallets of stuff on these racks...not some plastic S# from Home Depot (but rather the something like the shelves Home Depot uses to stack their crap...if you get my drift).

So, right now, I'm finding stuff for around $400 per bay (with four shelves) for a total of around $2,000 bucks total. This is used stuff.

I'm thinking I can do better.

I know ATS is the smartest group of human beings on planet Earth...so all advice here is appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Bob

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If you’re looking for the “real deal” stuff check out Uline... not sure where you can find it cheaper but they carry the type of stuff that Home Depot stores their garbage racks and shelving systems on...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Yeah, I used to get their catalogues all the time. I didn't think to check them. Good suggestion.

Last time I checked new stuff the price was around $2000 per bay, but I'll look at them. That's a good idea.

I'm not looking for showroom grade stuff, but I am looking for stuff which isn't so banged up you can't get it assembled (i.e. pins set, etc).

ETA - I just checked U-line....they're 4x the price!! (I'm getting uprights for $96/ea, and U-line wants $429/ea. for the same thing!)

edit on 1/5/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm looking at shelves in our dining area, I'm going with "plumbing" shelves.

Just google the pics, it should work, looks "industrial" and can be modified for anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I assume your divorce papers are already filed, correct????

I tried to build a temporary book case out of cinder (CMU) blocks and #1 pine boards once (hey, the boards were NICE!).

I thought the idea was kind of "sexy" and "avaunt guarde" (sp?)

Crap, I slept in the basement for weeks even suggesting such heresy!! I even had to rig my hammock up from the rafters!!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Maybe give this place a look... too much drinking to do math right now... 😜👍

www.m-h-e.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Hmmmm...42" x 12' feet is only $88 bucks (but then there's shipping...and they're in Indiana). It would be "LTL" for me, but I guess i could run and get it. Prolly only cost me about $400 in fuel with my trailer.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Got the "boss's" approval beforehand.

She likes them!

Of course I have to stain them appropriately. . . .

But this was her suggestion. . .

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
When Walmart closed down here years ago, I bought some of the very heavy duty commercial metal shelving units from them I got four ten foot high units, two twenty four inch times eight footers, one thirty inch wide times eight foot, and one four foot wide by eight foot, all with three shelves to make the ten foot high. I cut one down to six foot high for our basement. They hold about two thousand pounds per shelf, very strong commercial units. Twenty five bucks a complete section used. They came with treated 2x8 pieces to make shelves between the side runners. I priced them up a while back, they run about two fifty a section for the ten footers two foot wide but that does not include the two bys to make the shelves. I found those on line.

I also got twelve commercial shelving units from the fish and wildlife auction for a hundred fifty bucks, really heavy duty with four shelves per unit, they are one foot deep, those are in great shape too, I have them for storage in the basement, shed, and closet for cangoods for our pantry. Thirty six feet of shelving for a hundred fifty bucks. The same brand in the commercial catalog runs two hundred thirty a unit, I saved eighty bucks on one unit from new price then got eleven free.

Try finding a big store that is going out of business and buy their warehouse shelving.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I never shelve questions people ask me. I try to answer every question.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Google "used industrial shelving"+ your state. Did Montana and many sources. But you already know this, don't you?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
No, apparently y'all don't understand...this is a picture of the last 20' of our new building.

On the other side of the wall there is 150 x 50 feet of open storage.

I'm talking about STORAGE RACKS!!!

ETA...that "little" skid on the far side is the biggest skid New Holland makes! It's a BIG skid!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Get yourself some uni-strut.... they make all kinds of brackets and what not to build shelving with....

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

do you have a welder - mig // tig or stick [ or can borow // hire one ] - and the skill to use it ???

if so - make your own

a delivery of various mild steel box and angle stock - plus MDF sheets

you can get exact sizing you want

ok - its not adjustible // reconfigurable

but dammed site cheaper than comerical stuff that you errect with a hammer

new topics

top topics

join