It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I have no desire to know why the Earth is here. As far as I am concerned, the Earth is here for me to exist on. Aside from that I don't have a desire to know, nor do I have a need to know. Its unimportant to my existence nor important to my life to know. Perhaps it's important to you, that's fine, it's not important to me. Truth will never be found on earth, perhaps after death, perhaps not, but wasting my life searching for an answer when I can supply that answer myself by actually living instead of searching. Continue to search for truth amoung a world fraught with lies, and never find your answers.

There is no purpose in chaos. There can be no purpose in beings with freewill. Purpose exist as a catalyst for religion. Chaos exist as the result of free will. Religion exist for comfort to combat chaos. Perhaps the comfort one can find from religion is enough for some, others continue to search for answers, the rest of us live and die, that is our purpose.
edit on 1/5/2019 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Anyone else watch the video in the OP?

This quote summarizes it pretty well for those who can't watch it.

(OP feel free to copy this into your post and let me know and I will remove it here...)

Basically God authenticates His messages to us by demonstrating that He is outside of time...

"One way to authenticate the message is to demonstrate that its source is from outside of our time domain. God declares, “I alone know the end from the beginning.” His message includes history written in advance.

We are in possession of this collection of 66 books we call The Bible, written by more than 40 authors over several thousands of years, yet we now discover it is an integrated message from outside our time domain. It repeatedly authenticates this uniqueness by describing history before it happens. And this discovery totally shatters our traditional concepts of reality."

A Message from Outside Time

edit on 1.5.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I have no desire to know why the Earth is here. As far as I am concerned, the Earth is here for me to exist on. Aside from that I don't have a desire to know, nor do I have a need to know. Its unimportant to my existence nor important to my life to know. Perhaps it's important to you, that's fine, it's not important to me. Truth will never be found on earth, perhaps after death, perhaps not, but wasting my life searching for an answer when I can supply that answer myself by actually living instead of searching. Continue to search for truth amoung a world fraught with lies, and never find your answers.

I have already discovered the "truth" about life. I was speaking about YOU, and you answered the question (thanks), that you don't care. So you have made your choice which is your choice to make.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Just another fairy tail.

Read the Bible across rather than down. But the books alongside each other and read the same event from the POV of the respective books.

That should prove it to you.

The Bible is a piece of propaganda by the Holy Roman Church.

P

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The scriptures written before the Roman Catholic Empire is propaganda?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The point of view from the writers is that Jesus is the Son of God.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately even if the creator route is true it doesn’t really merit any spiritual truths about existence. Unfortunate the deeper you delve into our past the more it looks like we were created. By highly advance, physical beings that used us as a tool for a means to an end. I don’t know I wasn’t there but that doesn’t sound like anything to sacred worth praising? If you made a slave worker class wouldn’t you instill basic concepts like “we are your end all be all gods and if you don’t listen to us you are in big trouble.” It’s a built in safety net agains things like revolution! Again I have no idea but the evidence points towards something along those lines. I know, kind of bleak....
Maybe our purpose is to figure it out on our own? If mommy and daddy tell you how to live your life you are not doing so in any sense of the concept. Figuring it all out on your own merits so much more in the “spiritual realm”. I use that concept very loosely but for sake of conversation I hope the gist of what I am trying to convey is evident?
Life is hard and weird. Maybe we are a little extra weird/ unconventional. Maybe we were used abused and unfairly left to fend for ourselves. Maybe it’s time we let go of the masters demands and become masters ourselves? Translation... humanity grow up and move out of your parents basement.
Who knows butnits fun to think about right?

From what we have gathered, we are prett sure we are strange primate offsets depended on oxygen and H20 based on a diverse, dirt filled rock flying through unknown “space” faster than any of us can come close tobunderstanding, trailing a massive flaming fireball and even most of that is alleged. Nobody knows and if they do they are worse off then the rest of us.

Happy arbitrary, Gregorian calender, societal norm New Year to all 😂

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Groot

Saying animals are smarter than humans is the dumbest thing humans could say. You apparently don't observe reality.

Is it? Can you prove it? Who is to say one being is lesser than the other. Based on what? Technology or quality of life.

Do a little research on other beings .

We are enslaved in our societies and dolphins are not.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Humans can kill dolphins whenever they feel like it. Dolphins can't kill humans whenever they feel like it. Humans are on a whole different level than animals. Weird that this needs explaining.
edit on 5-1-2019 by Toolman18 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I dont see dolphins using arc welders, building skyscrapers, and running long form mathematics to understand and manipulate the universe around them.

And why would they need to if they live in a perfect environment to exist in. Why # up a good thing.

Prove me wrong.

link   

Animals, including dolphins don't know moral from immoral, right from wrong, they just do what their instincts incline them to do naturally.

ETA: Many humans are also like this, because even though they know right from wrong, their natural instinct to be immoral is an excuse to do whatever it is. Whatever rewards they get from an action is a stronger motivation because of having no commitment to do what is right.
edit on 5-1-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just one other question, oh thread creator, to which bible are you referring here? There are many...very many, grouped and regrouped over the centuries by humans.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Did you know dolphins and octopuses are smarter than us? Their brains show it.

Oh cmon if Dolphins were smarter than us you would think by now, after thousands of years they would stay the hell away from Japan , actually all of Asia.

The word should have spread by now.

You could say the same about young girls on the internet getting hit on by old guys , then next thing you know, a young girl goes missing.

Hmm, coincidence ?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not really. The most ancient documents are in Hebrew and the Septuigint was written 300 years before Christ. Not a mystery at all. We can still read the original texts.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Animals, including dolphins don't know moral from immoral, right from wrong, they just do what their instincts incline them to do naturally.

ETA: Many humans are also like this, because even though they know right from wrong, their natural instinct to be immoral is an excuse to do whatever it is. Whatever rewards they get from an action is a stronger motivation because of having no commitment to do what is right.

Do you know that for sure? Have you actually researched dolphins and intelligence ?

And let me ask you something, you think humans , all humans , can know the difference from moral and immoral, right and wrong.

Prove me wrong

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Prove yourself correct. Strawberry poptarts are better than blueberry. Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Not really. The most ancient documents are in Hebrew and the Septuigint was written 300 years before Christ. Not a mystery at all. We can still read the original texts.

Again, which one do YOU say is the true and only one? After all, you are the planets only expert on the subject and are infallible.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Simple really... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm a person that can look around and experience stuff. That's it. To deny what I see would be lying to myself.

OK, why is it you think god created so much pain and misery?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Why do you have a tail bone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join