It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yeah. I have a spirit. Just like other humans. I know what my spirit says is true, is true. Plus the Bible is prophetically accurate. Something written 3500 years ago is happening. Look into Daniels prophecy. Completely accurate.

link   

Yeah. I have a spirit. Just like other humans. I know what my spirit says is true, is true. Plus the Bible is prophetically accurate. Something written 3500 years ago is happening. Look into Daniels prophecy. Completely accurate.

link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So a baby that relies on it's ma and pa shouldn't? Because it can learn on it's own? And once it's grown up and independent, it shouldn't give credit to his or hers parents?
Silly

Wait, is this "creator" the creator of everything, or just me, like my parents? My parents didn't have a choice in their biological urges and their outcomes, and neither did I. My parents didn't provide for me because they were feeling generous, they provided for me because that was their job. Family, society, government, schools, churches all require it and judge people based how their children behave and turn out.

If your creator created me hungry and in need of food, I don't consider the fact that nature provides food to sustain my existence generosity, but duty. I shouldn't need to thank the creator for providing food for its creation that requires food to survive.

If this creator created everything, does it require every living thing to give it afterlife feed back and justify its creation and existence, or just humans? Why does this supposed creator need feedback from its creation?

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

That is the definition of belief, not truth. You BELIEVE it is true, just as others believe in something else. Yet, you have the arrogance to make a statement that everyone else in the world is wrong and you are right.

That, my friend is borderline psychotic, you know that right?

edit on 1/5/2019 by Krakatoa because: Fixed color

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

None in their right mind, including God would ever claim humanity is too perfect. That's got to be a joke. I am a skeptic when it comes to alien flying saucers visiting earth, but I would be the biggest fool on the planet if i believed God looked down at this mess and said job well done, i will just stop here.

Why is it so hard to believe that God used science to continue to polish this **** hole, whether ir be evolution in the hope that somehow we would actually develop into something useful or some other God inspired trick ? Sanctimonious dribble that declares anything whether it be proof of the bible or alien life is just that, dribble from the mouth
edit on 1/5/2019 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Did you know dolphins and octopuses are smarter than us? Their brains show it.

Oh cmon if Dolphins were smarter than us you would think by now, after thousands of years they would stay the hell away from Japan , actually all of Asia.

The word should have spread by now.

edit on 5-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If I designed a machine, I would expect it to give feedback on par with what I created it for.

link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So you're a creationist then...

It does not necessarily follow that because someone believes in the Bible, that they are Creationists, in the sense of having a fundamentally literal interpretation of the first fifteen paragraphs of Genesis.

I believe that it is fact that God created everything, in the way described in the Bible, but that does not mean that the scientific descriptions of processes are discredited by Biblical descriptions. In that way, I am a creationist because I believe that God is the ultimate source and creator, despite what we assume of the processes that we can confirm being largely scientifically valid.

I hold that natural selection, mutation and genetic drift have influenced current biodiversity. These are all components of evolution and I don't deny their existence is scientifically evident, but I also don't hold to evolution either. There is just too much of a problem when it comes to getting from one species to another for me to accept evolution. And there are too many empty and un-evidenced assumptions about chemical abiogenesis for my liking.

So, am I a creationist, or evolutionist, or both, or neither?

The truth is that my knowledge is incomplete and it would be invalid of me to dictate that others should conform to my beliefs and convictions, as I feel that people on both sides of the argument are doing.

The Bible clearly isn't for the purpose being a science textbook. It is there to describe the relationship between God and mankind and hopefully to reinforce that relationship. As such, it uses metaphor and 'type' to explain intangibles like ethical and moral issues. I don't think that any of the descriptions are technically wrong or inexact, they are the best descriptions available to carry the story of our relationship with God, most clearly.

As such, I feel that what the Bible says is perfectly valid, true and error free.

edit on 5/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I didn't say humanity is perfect, but existence is.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I see no reason to believe in gods. I’m a very practical person though. I’ve just never heard a good reason to believe in them. People who do believe in them just seem to be virtue signaling. It’s like they think that if you don’t believe everything they believe, you must be evil, and they treat you very poorly. You say it right there in your OP. Even though you have no good reasons to believe in gods either. Why do you think they put so much emphasis on having faith. Because there are no good reasons to believe in them.

If you think that every animal was created as it is now, then you really are not paying attention to any that scientists are doing. You would have to ignore science all together.
edit on 5-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

After Fukushima, you would have thought humans would have stayed or left Japan as well, but...well you know

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's still true no matter any argument. Not realizing that is disturbing.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It's still true no matter any argument. Not realizing that is disturbing.

SO, you are the only one in the world that knows the truth? And that does not disturb you at all?

Quite telling actually.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

None in their right mind, including God would ever claim humanity is too perfect. That's got to be a joke. I am a skeptic when it comes to alien flying saucers visiting earth, but I would be the biggest fool on the planet if i believed God looked down at this mess and said job well done, i will just stop here.

Why is it so hard to believe that God used science to continue to polish this **** hole, whether ir be evolution in the hope that somehow we would actually develop into something useful or some other God inspired trick ? Sanctimonious dribble that declares anything whether it be proof of the bible or alien life is just that, dribble from the mouth

In other words, you have absolutely no idea why the Earth is here nor the purpose of the people on it. And you won't ever know because you stopped looking for truth because none of it makes sense to you.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.

There's nothing perfect about my body. I have all kinds of hereditary issues. My sister seems to have a better time with it than I do. Gee, it seems to me like evolution is real. A million years is a long time. So long it's hard to comprehend how long a million years actually can be. So in that extremely long period of time it seems quite plausible to me as life copulates it changes over time. Sometimes those changes really help a person procreate. And sometimes they do not.

What I find interesting is why anyone who believes in God cares at all about evolution. It seems to me an omnipotent God can create the Universe in any amount of time including all the fake fossil and carbon dating evidence. So when I hear someone of faith talk negatively about evolution I think it is because they basically have a weak or complete lack faith in an omnipotent God. Your comments above seem to me to be and expression of your own lack of faith in an all-powerful God.

I think the way we express our real faith in God is to love our parents, life, and God in spite of all our imperfections and everyone else's. A real expression of faith is participating in life with enthusiasm in spite of all our personal frustrations and sufferings.

I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.

Again, you are expressing your own doubt or lack of faith in God. The Japanese have a saying, "the first person to raise their voice in an argument, loses." It seems to me you mentioning God doesn't exist is really an expression of your own doubt. As far as I know, other than all of existence, there is not a single shred of evidence considered objective by the majority of the people living on this planet confirming the existence of God. I will be bold and even say there's not a single shred of evidence of God's existence. Therefore, accepting this truth, I believe, is an what it means to have real faith in God in spite of the fact that there is not a single shred of objective evidence.

You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.

You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character. Having a belief or no belief in God does not make you an idiot. Having faith, or having a belief in God is not something people should accept or discount lightly without spending the necessary time to learn the esoteric knowledge about religion and spirituality. Just because you use a toilet everyday doesn't make you a master plumber. The same thing is true with religion. You need to study all the religions before you understand why the one you choose makes sense to you.

What is easy and not hard is to sit back and critique other people's ways of thinking about religion without spending the necessary time to really try to understand what they are saying by seeing it from their shoes.

But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.

The purpose of religion is to answer the four great existential questions:
1. Who am I?
2. Why am I here?
3. What does it all mean?
4. What is going to happen to me when I die?

Nobody knows the answers to what some people think are unaswerable questions. People are very uncomfortable with not knowing so people invent or create religion to answer these questions with concrete answers. I don't think there is an objective way to know which religion is the correct one out of millions to choose from. Everyone thinks their own dogma or religion is the one true religion, and everyone else's way of thinking is insane.

It's not clear to me which religion is the one true religion. In terms of talking about what happens to you when you die I recently spent time in the Tibetan Book of the Dead which the death mythology of the Bible is loosely based. In the Tibetan way of thinking, when you die you are tormented by creations of your own imagination. Since each of us is our own greatest judge and critic, we create the most precise and perfect monsters that would make us suffer the most as we journey down the path to rebirth. The Tibetan Book of the Dead has long repetitions of prayers designed to get the mind to let go of torturing itself and melt into the one Buddha consciousness, that is God, which is the same as experiencing eternal heavenly bliss. When you reincarnate it is the same has going to Hell because life is nothing but suffering. Looking into the face of God and experiencing God's infinite beauty is the greatest possible experience anyone can have.

I don't know with absolute certainty any of this will happen. I choose to have faith in an omnipotent God of unconditional love. With my way of thinking, as long as your turn and go into the light, everyone is allowed to enter through the gate of Heaven and gets to stare into face of God and experience God's infinite beauty. Everyone gets to experience eternally heavenly bliss regardless of our Earthly sins or how we practiced, or not practiced, our religion. Once you experience this bliss all time stops, you have no body, no I, no me, you are just one with our creator in an absolute union with all of existence. If you think I will burn in Hell all I can say is my faith in God is stronger than yours!

Now if you are vindictive, vengeful, petty, and immature in your way of thinking you might think this is unfair. Why should Hitler get to experience eternal heavenly bliss when he caused so much people to suffer. Some religions teach we are responsible for all our suffering and people only take away from you what you let them. But regardless, what difference does it really make if Hitler gets to experience heavenly bliss when all of his victims also get to experience the same bliss. It's not like Hitler denied anyone from entering through the gates of Heaven. So it doesn't bother me if Hitler gets to experience God's infinite beauty. Besides who am I to judge who or how God loves us?

So having my type of faith is really GOOD NEWS for many of you because many of you out there have not exactly lived the most moral lives! This is why I choose to have faith in a God of unconditional love. Conditional or judgmental God's seem to me to be a lack of faith in an omnipotent God of uncondtional love. It seems to me based on all my readings religion God should be the one thing we have in our lives that comes absolutely free and without any anxieties!

And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

An omnipotent God needs absolutely nothing from us. I do not require my sons to give me praise in order for me to bless them. I give them blessings no matter what they do or how badly they behave. There is nothing my sons will ever do that I would not be there for them with all of my being. I'm not a big fan of cursing anyone. It makes you look weak.
edit on 5-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If I designed a machine, I would expect it to give feedback on par with what I created it for.

If I designed a machine, I would expect it to perform the functions that I created it to perform. I wouldn't expect it to thank me for its existence or to be grateful for it's fuel source.

edit on 5-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

We exist as imperfect in a wholly imperfect world my friend. And another Christian bashing anotherChristian, why am I not surprised. Put a Baptist, a Catholic, a Presbyterian, and a Methodist in a room to decide on exactly what the Bible says, if one survived I would be surprised as they would kill each other in the name of god.

I have no problem with religion as it brings comfort to many, but when some sanctimonious fool comes along to claim my beliefs or wrong, or that I am going to burn in heck for my own beliefs, it only shows how ignorant your own beliefs are. Shame on them, and yes, they too will answer before their own god.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

After Fukushima, you would have thought humans would have stayed or left Japan as well, but...well you know

Not even close to the same thing lol. fukishima happened once and it was very rare act of god.

They literally swim right into the slaughter every single year .

if you were walking down a hall and knew if you turned left someone was gonna kick you in the nuts , you would turn right and go around .

Because you are smarter than a fish,

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If there is no God, then there is no good or evil. I’ve seen enough to know that that isn’t the case. Since God is, was, and always will be, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

I don’t have it all figured out, but I’m getting closer, thanks to many things, including the Bible.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Not even close to the same thing lol. fukishima happened once and it was very rare act of god.

They literally swim right into the slaughter every single year .

if you were walking down a hall and knew if you turned left someone was gonna kick you in the nuts , you would turn right and go around .

Because you are smarter than a fish,

Point of clarification, Dolphins are not fish,. they are mammals. However, the Pacific Mahi Mahi (also known as a Dolphin-fish is a fish).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join