It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Sitcoms for Political Turmoil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So tonight I was catching up on one of my fave TV shows.... The Big Bang Theory. After a bout of good laughs, enjoying the little life's lessons that the show has always held, sadly it came to an end. Another enjoyable part of the show are the pre-credits. If you blink, you'll miss it! It's always a little post of humor, kind of like the prize at the bottom of the cracker jack box. However, this time I was not amused.

Seriously? Does every damn thing have to be ruined by one sided politics? What if they had done this exact thing when Obama was in office? Do you think the series would have made it this far? Doubtfully.

Look... I get that people are enraged that Trump is our president. People can't sleep at night because they really think it's now the end of the world and Trump is going to push the button. They act like we're all being thrown into prison camps with our hands being separated from our bodies. These people are so aggressive to the point that every single thing around us has to be a reminder of just how bad they hate Trump and just how bad they have it. We get it.. You people are all going to be pushed through a meat grinder against your will because Trump is evil and he wants to eat your children.

Sadly... Because of this crybaby idiocy, this is one show I will no longer continue to watch. After so many seasons and so much laughter, they've gone and jumped on the pity wagon with the rest of the ignorant, hateful half of the country. It's funny because I'm far more afraid of what these aholes will do to this country than what I believe Trump could ever do.

Some might say ignore it and watch it for the humor and forget about the childish grandstanding. I say NO. I'm tired of the bigotry of the ignorant double standard fascist that are trying to pirate control of our country. I'm tired of not being able to see comics that I really enjoyed watching because of pure buffoonery, because their jokes were anti this and anti that, jokes that offended the thin skinned drama queens that pretend to run this country... The media... The government figureheads, the movie makers, the thought police, the totalitarian, Orwellian mindset that digs under the skin of democracy and freedom. It's just ironic that they call Trump Hitler when they're burning the books, telling you what you can and cant read, what you can and cant watch and on and on it goes.

You know... I'm 100% for life, equality, freedom and caring for my fellow man but dammit, this country could use a honest to goodness revolution to slap this kind of childishness in the face and send them packing. ...and they want my sympathy for when their 8 million dollar house burns down in an ever engulfing forest fire? They want my sympathy when their 12 million dollar paychecks stop coming in because they can no longer fill the stands? And they want my sympathy and UNDERSTANDING when I'm presented with something I don't agree with but "they're people too and they have rights"...

I tell ya... they're making it so very hard! To hell with those bloodthirsty idiots and their double standards.

As a final note... I'm not picking on liberals in general. I'm just picking on the idiots that support this kind of rubbish and division, forcing the hands of people they stand against. Fair warning folks... There are people who are not as patient and calm about these things as I, even though I am fired up a bit. My angst, after the initial step in dog doo, is water off a Duck's back...

Though... One day... Oh one fine day, they're going to push just a little too hard and take it just a little too far against people who will not, can not, does not want to take anymore.

Peace - Love - and many Toasts in the new year, everyone!

edit on 5-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The left has reached critical mass in this country... the entertainment industry just panders to the left because there are enough of them now to keep the ball rolling, so to speak.

So boycotting no longer matters to them.

The more outrageous they are now, the more the radical left eats it up.

It's pretty much like having stage 4 cancer.

They also have a vision of an America that isn't anything like you and I envision.

So yes, the next 20-30 years are going to be interesting indeed.

S&F for the OP...

edit on 5-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The MSM isn't just the "news" channels and publications.

They use prime time TV shows to get the "message" out.

Some is even subliminal.

Commercials same thing.

"It's all about the BS and propaganda they pay for"

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well his plan failed to some degree...Im reading it on jan 5.

Imagine if it wasnt Trump, they could use the same smear tactics against a "great" President & thats scary. If you are pro Trump its scary & if youre not its still scary.

Its seems Trumps big crime is having an opinion different than the Wizard of Oz allows for. Old Soviet tactic, squeal & smear on anyone with any self esteem left.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I don't quite get this outrage. You have enjoyed this show for years, found it funny and not been bothered by it at all. You sat through the corn pone jokes, the inane jocularity and ate it up. You sat through that insipid laugh track that lets viewers know each and every thing they should laugh at and laughed along with them.

Now because the very guy who has created this show and brought it to you year after year says something that you don't like and gazoommm you now will no longer watch it?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Politics is ruining a lot of things.

Staple scifi genres have fallen, several this year. Doctor who, star trek, etc.

There have always been political messages in film, but the subtleness of a silent guiding hand has been replaced by a blunt stick in most cases.

It(politics) is literally ruining everything and everyone(well those of weak character).

It's an infestation, while I've lost some nice entertainment outlets I can't say I really care in the end.
edit on 5-1-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Manipulating the easily/manipulated

An NPC is an NPC. Not capable of independent or original though.

“Tell us what to think Jimmy Kimmel”

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Manipulating the easily/manipulated

An NPC is an NPC. Not capable of independent or original though.

“Tell us what to think Jimmy Kimmel”

The greatest illusion, is making an idiot think his thoughts are his own.

Personally, I'm having fun. Whether we reach utopia or rescind into the darkness. It's all the same to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. You talk about freedom but someone elses freedom of speech causes you to rant a few hundred words long.
To then go on and claim you're upset about the double standard of the other side without seeing your own is pretty pathetic, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Absolutely outrageous!

...of all the amazing TV series to watch from at the moment, and you choose to watch THAT crap!?!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I thought the left were the ones always accused of being too sensitive. Wow. This has to be one of the most bizarre rants I have seen in this place (and that is going some!).

If you enjoy the show, and have done for ten years, is this really going to stop you watching it? You must be outraged into not enjoying or doing anything in life if you take this stance with everything.

If this is your reaction to a Chuck Lore 1 second "joke" title card, I would love to be in the same room as you to watch a single episode of John Oliver's Last Week Tonight!

And to the poster who bemoaned left wing politics creeping into too many shows like Dr Who and Star Trek this year - what shows have you been watching for the last 50 years? Both shows have always been left liberal progressive shows and have never attempted to hide the fact. One stars a protagonist who abhorred the use of guns and whose main villain are a thinly veiled right wing extremist Nazis. The other had the first inter-racial kiss shown on television and has a galaxy that promotes all species coming together to work as one federation.

It seems to me that despite being in power the right Trump supporters are becoming more sensitive and paranoid by the day - here is some news for you - the world has not changed that much since your guy took power - past presidents have been criticised heavily by different groups - hell i remember this forum around the time of George W! Of course we have never had a CiC quite this devisive before, but we have never had a cult of worshipers for a president like this before either.

Maybe you need to take a good look at yourselves - you are like Frodo after gaining the ring - despite all the power you have gained, it is turning you into bitter, paranoid creatures who lash out at former friends and allies.

And in this analogy, yes Trump is Gollum!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
OP is correct

the media (news and entertainment) is so fanatical they must impose their pov on us at all costs

only thing we can do is turn it off

that's why I usually watch reruns.

'sensitivity' is reacting to a single event. no rational person will allow themselves to be bashed indefinitely.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Stay up to watch Stephen Colbert’s opening skits. Let me know if you see anything enough to smirk let alone laugh. And keep in mind that CBS drops a cool $15 million a year on him.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I don't quite get this outrage. You have enjoyed this show for years, found it funny and not been bothered by it at all. You sat through the corn pone jokes, the inane jocularity and ate it up. You sat through that insipid laugh track that lets viewers know each and every thing they should laugh at and laughed along with them.

Now because the very guy who has created this show and brought it to you year after year says something that you don't like and gazoommm you now will no longer watch it?

That is correct.

I'm tired of the political bandstanding from sources that are not, have not been a political voice until now. TV sit-coms should not be political in the sense that they should sway how you should believe and who should or shouldn't be potus. This is nothing less than a mass attempt at brainwashing.

I don't care about the creators politics. I care about the comedy of the show. When someone tries to make me the bad guy because I support a president whom I feel is doing a great job, it's time to take a page from their book and stop watching their creation.

The aroma of this mindset makes everything related to it smell just as bad and I rather not have to stock up on tomato juice and vinegar just to be able to sit through another episode. If a product is morally corrupt, why should I buy into it?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Politics is ruining a lot of things.

Staple scifi genres have fallen, several this year. Doctor who, star trek, etc.

There have always been political messages in film, but the subtleness of a silent guiding hand has been replaced by a blunt stick in most cases.

It(politics) is literally ruining everything and everyone(well those of weak character).

It's an infestation, while I've lost some nice entertainment outlets I can't say I really care in the end.

Exactly. Where these shows were once enjoyable to watch by all are now only enjoyed by a certain people. So much for freedom of equality. #Feeling-totally-left-out-and-excluded

I wonder if they can be sued for it. I'm sure there are some kinds of basis that could be used for a successful suit.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. You talk about freedom but someone elses freedom of speech causes you to rant a few hundred words long.
To then go on and claim you're upset about the double standard of the other side without seeing your own is pretty pathetic, don't you think?

The chicken or the egg, bub...

If it weren't for their hypocrisy, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You people are all going to be pushed through a meat grinder against your will because Trump is evil and he wants to eat your children.

THAT'S disgusting!

We Trump supporters would Never do such a thing. We value individual freedom too much for that! No, the "plan" is to get them to walk in willingly... 🤫😛😁 ...when they realize there is a version of reality with No Trump on the other end... will they really be able to resist?

TDS levels will have to be intensified, but I see no reason we can't make this happen.
edit on 1/6/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/6/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well all I see is your hypocrisy. That doesn't fly, some people kill that doesn't mean it's okay for you to do it too.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreSound

I actually like to watch John Oliver. At least when I'm watching his shows, I KNOW what I'm watching it for.

A little grit in your cornflakes, sir?

No thank you. I like my cornflakes with milk and my grits with butter.

There is no such thing as "too sensitive" in my world. It take a lot to push me into a corner but when you do, I'll have my say, thank you very much... I think most could agree that this BS has been going on far too long and now is the time that it's starting to chap our privates too much for our liking. When does it end? Don't you think 2 years is enough or should it continue for 2 more, or maybe 6 more? Even republicans weren't this ignorant when Obumer had office.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Well all I see is your hypocrisy. That doesn't fly, some people kill that doesn't mean it's okay for you to do it too.

Of course... That's all you guys ever see. You can't see the forest full of trees and you guys are constantly on your knees, so to speak.

Ohhhh but I smell it and it's VERY strong.
edit on 6-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join