It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Flight Home [GH2019]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Going home! I have been here too long and am finally ready to leave. I dread the flight home, it was a long flight getting here and the return flight will be just as long. It was cramped and the food sucked. I have my bags packed and am sneaking a few souvenirs home with me, I hope I don’t get caught.

I have been gone several years and long to be in my home again. I bet a lot has changed at home. I have kept in contact with my old girlfriend Jill and some close friends. Jill broke up with me when she found out how long I would be gone. I can’t blame her, long distance relationships rarely work.

My heart is racing as I board my flight. I hope they don’t find the blueberries in my bag. They are very special and only come from one area of the region I am in. When I share a few with Jill she may even take me back. She has a new boyfriend but I don’t think it is going very good.

I made it on board and they didn’t search my bags. As long as everything goes good at the other end of the flight I am in the clear. I hate long flights and this is a long one. I will be sleeping and reading as much as I can. I hope it isn’t as bad of a flight as the one to get here was.

Finally, we just landed and I am going to get my bags. Some scary guys in uniform want me to come in a room with them. I walk in the room and my bags are opened on a table and the blueberries are sitting out. Oh no, they found my martian blueberries!

THE END

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

hahahaha, you were ----THIS---- close to freedom. You should have mailed the blueberries UPS to your home instead. Or so a friend told me once.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

LOL, thanks for reading and commenting. My first time writing anything.

edit on 6-1-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This was a fun read. The Cliffhanger was brilliant.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Blueberries can be such innocuous little things...unless you are wearing the right/wrong uniform.
Nice work.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Martian Blueberries!
Have you been scanning the Mars Rover Photos again?
Well Done.
G

join