It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

2020 election

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If presidents are democratically elected as we are told, what are the odds that we would always choose members of British and French royal bloodlines to lead us?
heydaydc.com...

If America declared its Independence from the European monarchies in 1776, how is it possible that every single president has descended from European monarchs?
Just looking in the rabbit hole..
Instead of just voting for the best of the two worse in 2020.... what if we combined all our powers of the people threw the internet and find a Red blooded corn fed American that's not inbreed with the royal family.

If it really is the Land of the Free and if, as is claimed, anyone really can become the president, you would fairly expect that out of 43 presidents from George Washington to George W. Bush one or two should have been.... Hill Billy.

The only rational way to view politics is fallow the money....anybody know any rich Hillbilly's ?




posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'd guess it's tough to buy the media time if you don't have bazillions in the bank. Old money tends to endure which is why it's so prevalent in politics even today.

Even if you are new money, you get in that world and end up just as crooked.

Direct democracy is the only way to solve it I think.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

So 51% can have the other 49% lined up and shot?

No thanks.




posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: SprocketUK

So 51% can have the other 49% lined up and shot?

No thanks.



I think that's what we have now.

My interpretation of direct democracy is everyone having a say in every piece of legislation, not just lobbyists and big business.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

no matter which side of politics you find yourself.
Imagine for a moment what this world could have been like today had our leaders (starting back around the time of the Civil war) not been corrupted.




posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: SprocketUK

no matter which side of politics you find yourself.
Imagine for a moment what this world could have been like today had our leaders (starting back around the time of the Civil war) not been corrupted.



Best not do that mate, it will only make you angry at all the wasted opportunities to make things better.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUKyea your right I dare say most of the world problems could have been solved.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Might as well wonder what might have been had Adam and Eve not eaten those apples.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: madenusa

Might as well wonder what might have been had Adam and Eve not eaten those apples.


All the chicks would be going round naked!


So would the blokes


And my mum in law



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: madenusa

Might as well wonder what might have been had Adam and Eve not eaten those apples.


yea!! I think people should be allowed to do anything they want we haven't tried that for a while,maybe this time it'll work.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: SprocketUK

So 51% can have the other 49% lined up and shot?

No thanks.



I think that's what we have now.

My interpretation of direct democracy is everyone having a say in every piece of legislation, not just lobbyists and big business.


I think you are wrong.

Or Hillary would be President.

Democracy is the bizarre belief in the collective wisdom of individual idiots.




posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I always said that most of the politicians on the left and the right are part of the same team, and they’re NOT on OUR side.
Now we have to try to explain to the next generation how all our presidents are kissing cousins...
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You are entitled to be sceptical of the mass of humanity, though with direct democracy, Hillary would just be another voter, as would Trump.


If we had the vote on everything, we wouldn't need representatives.



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Lumenari

You are entitled to be sceptical of the mass of humanity, though with direct democracy, Hillary would just be another voter, as would Trump.


If we had the vote on everything, we wouldn't need representatives.



You are quite wrong.


Thomas Jefferson declared: "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."


The founding fathers knew quite well the disaster that direct democracy is.


John Adams, our second president, wrote: “Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself.”




James Madison, the father of the Constitution wrote in Federalist Paper No. 10 that pure democracies “have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.


I mean honestly, just think through what you are proposing and then read history.


edit on 5-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
In 2016 we had the choice between anointed establishment candidate Hillary Clinton of the longtime Clinton crime family and her cousin Donald Trump our President...
Above the government sit the corporations, and above them the big banks, this is the current power structure of modern day global dominance.

Quality, value, style, service, selection, convenience, economy, savings, performance, experience, hospitality, low rates, friendly service, name brands, easy terms, affordable prices, money-back guarantee, free installation, free admission, free appraisal, free alterations, free delivery, free home trial, and free parking. No cash? No problem. No kidding. No muss, no fuss, no risk, no obligation, no red tape, no down payment, no entry fee, no hidden charges, no purchase necessary, no one will call on you, no payments of interest 'til September. But limited time only, though, so act now, order today, send no money. Offer good while supplies last.

Bend over just a little bit farther so we can stick this Advertising political Lullaby little bit deeper!
edit on 5-1-2019 by madenusa because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

You gonna credit Carlin for that or hope no one notices?



posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No one has tried direct democracy.
It's only recently become possible with the advent of technology that allows us to communicate instantly.

I think that Jefferson might have just had a bad day when he said that.

If you think back to every change in who can vote, poor people, women, black people being given the vote, each time it was accompanied by people opposing it because they couldn't be trusted, yet the sky has yet to fall.



posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Really ? I would think about that one for awhile . What would you do if the majority wanted slavery ?



posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

And what are the chances of that?
Probably be less likely than the majority of people who represent us making laws to enslave us all



posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

just as possible as my draft number being 7 in 1970 . how about Trump being elected




top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join