It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Being Fed To The Lions … And No One Seems To Care

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If they were liberal democrats or atheists this would not be a story.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The best of them is as a briar:
the most upright is sharper than
a thorn hedge:
the day of thy watchmen and
thy visitation cometh;
now shall be their perplexity.

Hold fast,hold strong.
S&F

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

you do realize that religion has nothing to do with political affiliation?

Good god man,i often wonder with your responses and teeter on the edge of feeling sorry for you because maybe youre challenged........and the other just calling you out for bull crap

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

All religions claim they're being persecuted.

While at the same time we see the greatest instances of pedophilia in religious organizations than any other type organization combined.

All the while religions claim to hold the "moral" high ground.

You might say that but there is a large number of pedophiles out there. They also tend to go where they can have power over children, whether religion, coaches, social workers etc etc... I'm the middle east pedophilia is rampant and unstopped. Taliban have a term Bacha bāzī... it is basically having sex with young boys and that is OK on Thursdays since Friday they go to the mosque to get pure again.

I don't think your statement is as true as you might think it is...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Good god man,i often wonder with your responses and teeter on the edge of feeling sorry for you because maybe youre challenged........and the other just calling you out for bull crap

Clearly you didn't read any of the OP. You are always attacking people for no damn reason.
Why don't you read the articles and then respond dude.
But then again ignorance can be bliss.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If they were liberal democrats or atheists, it would be a story you would be more likely to see in the MSM because they could use it to highlight the horrific intolerance of religions in general ... unless we were talking about a religion that ranks highly in the progressive stack.

Let's be honest, you know as well as I do that some religions (well, one honestly) have high status in the progressive stack. So if we were talking about Buddhists wiping out atheists, this would get run time. If it were Christians in the Philippines doing it, it would 100% get play time, and you know it.

But if this were taking place in Egypt ... or Syria ... or Iran ... or in the ISIS occupied territories, you wouldn't hear anything about it ... unless you bother to read conservative sources like some of us do which is why we know it happens to the irreligious (or alternately religious, ever hear of Yazidis) as much as to the Christians. And that's because a certain religion is very highly ranked in the progressive stack so that you dare not speak badly about it in most media outlets.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think the reason is that the religious fundamentalists make a bad name for everyone else by being intolerant of gays, lesbians, transgenders, Hispanics, blacks, you name it. The fundamentalists are also against women's rights and helping the poor and they don't accept science. They don't follow the word of God and they can't accept God's creation for what it obviously is - science is the best way to observe God's creation.

If you had religious people that helped the poor, accepted God's creation (blacks, Hispanics, gays, - all made by God), allowed women to be independent and get equal pay and be respected by their husbands, and accepted facts like climate change (don't forget that religion was wrong about God's creation before - such as with the flat Earth and when they thought the Earth was the center of the universe).

I grew up religious, and I fall into all of the categories in the second paragraph.

Sorry, I guess that is the reason religions are disliked by the left in America. There is no excuse for persecuting them. And their persecution should definitely be mentioned more. Like in China, they are being hunted down. Also, Christians aren't as bad as some of the other options out there.

It is a misconception that the left doesn't want to let Christians be themselves. What the left wants is to PREVENT Christians from forcing their views on others, especially when it makes their quality of life worse. Christians need to learn values such as the Golden Rule. They also have a responsibility just like the rest of us to get along in society and protect the Earth (the reason being that climate change is a threat to human civilization).
edit on 06pmSun, 06 Jan 2019 17:38:26 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I guess is it God's will.

It actually isn't God's will. One of the last things that is written about God is that he was/is going to not get involved in human affairs anymore until the second coming of his son. We have been given a chance of trying our free will, and we haven't used it wisely in general.

Matthew 10 22
21Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rise against their parents and have them put to death. 22You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. 23When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next. Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.…

That's just a prophesy of some of the things that would happen. It is not "the will of God."

So Christians can feel the persecution they long for because then they can believe that they are true and ardent followers.
It's all part of being saved. I mean, if I were a Christian, I would embrace persecution and not whine about it.

"Persecution that Christians long for"?... What in the world are you talking about?...

BTW, pointing out that Christians are being persecuted is not "whining." But hey, you are showing the "tolerance and love" of a progressive atheist" right?...

We have been told that being "an atheist and a progressive" makes people tolerant and you all want to just hug everyone, and love everyone except Christians...

Oh wait...that's right, you only "love and tolerate" left-wingers in general and hate anyone who is not part of the left, which includes most Christians...

edit on 6-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

edit on 6-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I think the reason is that the religious fundamentalists make a bad name for everyone else by being intolerant of gays, lesbians, transgenders, Hispanics, blacks, you name it. The fundamentalists are also against women's rights and helping the poor and they don't accept science. They don't follow the word of God and they can't accept God's creation for what it obviously is - science is the best way to observe God's creation.

Wow... Where to start... First of all, most Christians are not "intolerant of the LGBT community," not agreeing with their lifestyle doesn't equal to "hating them..."

Second of all, many in the LGBT community are intolerant towards all Christians...

I find it funny and ironic that you TRIED to imply that anyone who doesn't "believe" in YOUR religion, aka AGW, is a religious fundamentalist... Science is not AGW. Have you ever heard the notion that in order for the conclusion of an experiment to be true, it needs to be repeatable?... Most GCMs, which are the main premise for the "belief" in AGW, have been unable to "predict" temperatures changes. Not to mention the fact that there are thousands of scientists whom disagree with YOUR "religion."

If you had religious people that helped the poor, accepted God's creation (blacks, Hispanics, gays, - all made by God), allowed women to be independent and get equal pay and be respected by their husbands, and accepted facts like climate change (don't forget that religion was wrong about God's creation before - such as with the flat Earth and when they thought the Earth was the center of the universe).

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. Most Christians do help the poor, are okay with "blacks, hispanics, gays, women, etc..."

As a matter of fact, there are millions of Christians who fall in these categories... oO

BTW, do remember that science "has been wrong many times as well." There were, and still are, many "scientific consensuses" which were/are wrong.

It used to be believed in scientific circles that if a train ran faster than 30 mph all the oxygen would be sucked out of a train and people would suffocate.

The "scientific theories" of Phrenology, Phlogiston, Einstein Stationary universe, and many more theories that at one time or another were thought to be true were eventually shown to be wrong... Does that mean we should discard "real science"?... No, but neither must we get stuck believing in "theories" which are flawed, and can't be reproduced.

I grew up religious, and I fall into all of the categories in the second paragraph.

You did nothing more than replace a religion, for a false religion.

Sorry, I guess that is the reason religions are disliked by the left in America.

Yet the left is more than willing to kowtow to another religion which is even more drastic when it comes to the LGBT community... In countries where that particular religion rules, people in the LGBT community are not only shunned, but are even murdered openly. But the left embrace people like Linda Sarsour who is one of the leader of the left and "women's rights." Yet Sarsour wants to implement Sharia law in the U.S. which will not only shun people in the LGBT community, but will persecute them and officially approve the murder people in the LGBT community. Did I mention that in that particular religion women are actually seen as being second rate citizens?

Sharia
A Woman Under Sharia: 8 Reasons Why Islamic Law Endangers Women

Yet, not only does the left "embraces this particular religion", but time and again the left goes out of your way to defend it. In part the left does that because all countries in which this religion is practiced have "some left-wing policies" the left agrees with, such as "social justice." Except that in that particular religion some groups are not seen as equals.

It is a misconception that the left doesn't want to let Christians be themselves. What the left wants is to PREVENT Christians from forcing their views on others, especially when it makes their quality of life worse. Christians need to learn values such as the Golden Rule. They also have a responsibility just like the rest of us to get along in society and protect the Earth (the reason being that climate change is a threat to human civilization).

Wrong... It is the left that is "forcing your views on the rest of us." BTW, please stop trying to claim that "YOUR religion is right..."

Ironic how you try to claim Christian religion is wrong, and it shouldn't be forced on people. Yet at the same time you want to force people to accept YOUR own religion, aka AGW...

edit on 6-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

edit on 6-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Oh and btw...we have seen in "practice" what the "let's save the environment and Earth" and AGW religious crowd actually do when too many of you get together...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

All religions have a purpose and all of them are martyrs,so what else is new history is filled with stories some with truth many without,kind of like every war"3 million Jews" have to have some angle

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They have been at war with christianity since day 1. The enemy is just getting stronger now and needs to be slapped back to stone age times where they belong.

Saddest was under Obama and what happend to the Christians when he pulled out of Iraq.

Holocaust levels of killings and very little coverage

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Why does the Progressive leaning governments and people of Western nations despise Christians so much?

Because Christians believe in God, a God that has previously communicated proscriptions against behaviors Progressives actively promote as "normal".

Put another way, in the Chrstian world view, God is at the center of the Universe as the Creator and the ultimate authority over humanity. Progressves reject the existence of a God as the ultimate authority and put Humankind in God's place as the center of the Universe and the ultimate authority and arbiter of that which may be said to be right or wrong.

Pretty simple really.

Well Islam and Judaism are both religions that worship the same God as Christianity, so how does that work then?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

It has to do with the degree of understanding the God Revealed.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
“Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest.”

― Émile Zola

feel free to interchange stone....church....and priest to fit your religion.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It has to do with the degree of understanding the God Revealed.

What does that actually mean in relation to your post which I questioned? The three religions of Abraham worship the same deity, if your post had any logic then all three would be equally 'being fed to the lions'.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

islam has opinion on what should be the law and seems to opine theocracy and sharia as law of the globe is not just not an issue but potentially an ideal, which should be hushed hushed in the meantime with taqiyaa

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've said it before. Christians love being persecuted. Their primary symbol is a martyr being tortured to death, who they are told to emulate. They use being persecuted as proof that they're right. The old "us versus them" doesn't really work without it. "Why would everybody so violently oppose Christianity if it wasn't right?"

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I miss understood the thrust of your question. Sorry.

if your post had any logic then all three would be equally 'being fed to the lions'.

Who says all three are NOT being fed to the lions. Western progressives hate the Christians because of their intrinsic opposition to secular humanism. Followers of Islam are slaughtered by Hindus and Jews and Jews have been persecuted by Nazi's, Communists, Islamists, and Christians.

Taking the long view..........yea, they've all been fed to the lions at one time or another.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Clearly you didn't read any of the OP. You are always attacking people for no damn reason.

Really? So are there no leftwing christians?

Are there no left or right leaning muslims?

Please do tell me how im ignorant with that? And feel free to take your own advice

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join