It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn’t tRump throw his temper tantrum before now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, did a good job of keeping people virtual prisoners

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Part of the reason for the current temper tantrum by Mr Trump is due to the fact he has to - absolutely has to have all the limelight all the time. Add to that his fear of women ( especially women in any position of authority), his fear of anyone not sharing his same shade of white ( hilarious considering his coloration is more Oompa Loompa than David Duke), and his innate wish to have The Walltm be his mark on history, and it's unsurprising he chose this moment to act like a child not getting his sweetie. It also doesn't help that his communication skills are nowhere near that of a Reagan or even a Bush II. His disconnect, not from reality, per se, but from the way things actually work isn't helping him either.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sounds about right.
a reply to: IanForge

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You ever think that the "way things really work" is THE FREAKIN PROBLEM!!!!!! I think this is the only way to force Congress to get some freakin legislation done instead of spending all their time fundraising for the NEXT election.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
a reply to: soundguy

Actually, he's tried this type of negotiation before and it hasn't worked well for him. This is just the latest round.

It's his way of negotiating in business. You make an offer and if they don't take it, you threaten to walk off. Since the other company needs your money, you can get them to accept a deal even if it disadvantages them. However, what happens is that company or person then decides to never deal with you again.

If he had experience dealing with long-term relationships, he'd know that this wasn't very effective. I think that he's going to face a Senate that's increasingly against him (Peolosi made the marvelous move of offering the Senate the bill that they (the Senate) had agreed on last year) and eventually they're going to start overriding his veto.

I think he's afraid of it, too, which is why he started talking about declaring a "national emergency" so he could get the military to build the wall. (BBC reported on it, AND for those curious, have a nice analysis on the question of "can he declare a national emergency and have the wall built like that"

It's being seen (as the article says) as a bluff.

Lol, I am sure he'll be calling you for advice on negotiation.
Too funny.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

You ever think that the "way things really work" is THE FREAKIN PROBLEM!!!!!! I think this is the only way to force Congress to get some freakin legislation done instead of spending all their time fundraising for the NEXT election.
We would have far more legislation ( and far more unnecessary legislation, to boot) if Congress wasn't trapped in an endless vortex of spending most of their time shutting down and not even listening or attempting to litsen to the other side. And yes, I'm indicting my beloved Liberals just as much as McConnell's GOP.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ergo the reason I said Congress. I find their inability to get anything accomplished grating. They seem to embrace being called the "do-nothing Congress". Perhaps their pay should reflect their performance.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I prefer Trump's temper tantrum to your's. At least Trump has a little composure. The purpose of the border wall is to defend our country. Without a border, we have no country. The job of our military is to uphold our constitution & defend our country. What better way to defend our country than to protect our border by building a wall? One day in the near future our government may not be able to afford U.S. soldier's pay. This can happen with continued hyper-inflation of the money supply a.k.a. Quantatative Easing during the next economic crash. I'd rather be prepared just in case of this situation. It will be much easier for a voluntary militia to protect our border with a wall than without one. Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers over $115 billion per year. Even a $100 billion wall is a deal & will pay itself fast. Why do leftists like you want to promote drug & child trafficking so much? It just doesn't make sense to me. Trump has a pen & that's all he needs to build the border wall, just like with Obama & his Executive Orders. Its better if Trump can do it through Congress because the next president can't as easily undo it, like Trump did with many of Obama's Executive Orders. Thankfully, 25% of the government is shutdown. That's positive for conservatives. Imo, we should not have any non-essential federal government employees or services. They're more jobs available now than can be filled in the private sector. Hopefully, people not being paid from the shutdown can easily move into the private sector and start producing something of value instead of being a burden on taxpayers.
edit on 5-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Calling it a bluff is an insult to the word bluff.

The guy has no gumption, he calls out Leaders on Twitter then runs with tail between his legs, wants Mexico to pay for a wall (which they won't) The whole world reported these 'bluffs' so I'm dumbfounded that certain individuals still believe in the fake news rubbish, It must be an American thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Actually, he's tried this type of negotiation before and it hasn't worked well for him. This is just the latest round.

It's his way of negotiating in business. You make an offer and if they don't take it, you threaten to walk off. Since the other company needs your money, you can get them to accept a deal even if it disadvantages them. However, what happens is that company or person then decides to never deal with you again.

If he had experience dealing with long-term relationships, he'd know that this wasn't very effective. I think that he's going to face a Senate that's increasingly against him (Peolosi made the marvelous move of offering the Senate the bill that they (the Senate) had agreed on last year) and eventually they're going to start overriding his veto.

I think he's afraid of it, too, which is why he started talking about declaring a "national emergency" so he could get the military to build the wall. (BBC reported on it, AND for those curious, have a nice analysis on the question of "can he declare a national emergency and have the wall built like that"

It's being seen (as the article says) as a bluff.

You know that would make a lot of sense had congress presented a bill.
They have not.
They will not, at least anytime soon.
The dems were given the house but will do nothing with it and lose it in 20.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Why didn’t potus (in name only) throw a hissy fit before now? Why didn’t they have a vote for the wall before now? Why didn’t they use the “nuclear” option if this is so important to our national Security! He’s had two years to do something and had done absolutely nothing but run his ignorant mouth.

Only the dimmest of faux newz watching, drool cuppers among us think the wall is a good idea.

He’s really showing us what a deal maker he is alright. Just like a two year old who won’t eat their peas.

Well, I think the border wall is a good idea.

So, I guess you're calling me one of the..."dimmest of faux newz watching, drool cuppers"...then?

And how is this not...'political baiting and trolling'?

Oh, and BTW...I don't watch FOX news (at all!) They're no different than CNN!
edit on 1/5/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The question remains, they had two years why didn’t they do something, anything? a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well, perhaps if you had just asked that question without all of the trolling and baiting someone might have responded to you with a civil answer. Instead, you posted your OP, and as usual it is nothing but a big trolling bait!

I don't have an answer to your question, I wish I did. However, if that is truly your question, my response would be:

...It's good to see someone else is upset about the wall not being built fully two years after Trump was elected! I'm pissed about it too!

edit on 1/5/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Instead of trolling the t-man, why dont you ring your rep. Congress controls the budget after all.....not to mention Laws start in the House or Senate. Or did they quit teaching civics in Ohio? Dunno, I left in 96.

Here is a refresher for ya.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sound guy: Why didn’t tRump throw his temper tantrum before now?

IDK, but us deplorable’s as you keep calling people on the board are still waiting for you to stop throwing yours. Grow up And stop acting like a lil biatch, your an embarrassment to yourself.
edit on 5-1-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Your president did these things now purely to piss you off and, frankly, to piss on you. How does it feel? Are you tired of the Right winning while the left does nothing but whining, yet? Tired of MAGA living rent free in your head? Is your obsession wearing you down? Do you enjoy being a puppet on a string while your president makes you shimmy and dance across the stage in front of a laughing audience?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Because real Americans cipitalize the first letter of someone's name?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Sorry pal unlike you, I’m not that emotionally invested. I’m well enough off that I’m pretty much tRump proof. I have no debt and own my home and cars outright. However, as a patriot I’m offended at tRumps ignorance, and poor presidential skills, and the fact that he’s a Russian asset. I suppose if my iq were as low as yours, I could, perhaps, find something to like about him. Maybe those silly catch phases designed to ignight the simple minds out there would do something for me? a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sorry son, that scumbag is getting all the respect he deserves out of me. He’s a failure at life, an adulterous lying sack of crap. a reply to: mtnshredder

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: snrRog
Because real Americans cipitalize the first letter of someone's name?

It’s his childish lil troll signature. I like it, because as soon as I see it, I know it’s just more ignorant nonsense I don’t need to bother reading.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join