It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Chariot

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

It's a cellphone video recorded off the screen of another cellphone.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject

It's a cellphone video recorded off the screen of another cellphone.

You are being lazy and have not read this thread. the 4 second is digital.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

All videos on the Internet are digital.

What I would like to know (and haven't seen a clear answer from you) is if that 4 seconds video is the original from your friend's phone.

From what I remember, your friend made the video and, after some time, sent it by email to you and another co-worker. Is that the 4 seconds video you posted?

If it is, I find it strange that a red dot appears on the video. I don't own an IPhone (or any other kind of phone, although I use a company smartphone), but I doubt the videos it makes have a red dot on them, although that red dot appears on screen. That makes me think that the video with the red dot is not an original video, so I would like to be sure.

If possible, could you ask your friend to watch his video on his phone, to see if the red dot is there?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

All videos on the Internet are digital.

What I would like to know (and haven't seen a clear answer from you) is if that 4 seconds video is the original from your friend's phone.

From what I remember, your friend made the video and, after some time, sent it by email to you and another co-worker. Is that the 4 seconds video you posted?

If it is, I find it strange that a red dot appears on the video. I don't own an IPhone (or any other kind of phone, although I use a company smartphone), but I doubt the videos it makes have a red dot on them, although that red dot appears on screen. That makes me think that the video with the red dot is not an original video, so I would like to be sure.

If possible, could you ask your friend to watch his video on his phone, to see if the red dot is there?
He emailed me that one. I think I saw 480 on my youtube channel. He came and told me that he doesn't know what the red dot was. Its his brand new iphone Max. He dropped the other one in the drink.

He usually comes over here once a week. I can ask him to plug his phone directly into my PC, but Im not sure if he may have personal pictures on there he may not want me to see. No sure how to isolate. You can see the red dot on his screen. Remember the looped longer version where Leo and I are taking turns video taping off his screen. Its there then too, and that was right after he took the video. I should review the video, because Im not sure if the street lights are even on at 640 am. They are automatic and come on at night
edit on 13-1-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The thing is, while a red dot is probably a near universal "record" symbol:

Also, a camera or phone normally doesn't superimpose its screen icons, onto the video.

Otherwise the YouTube vid would seem to be the original video (?) except the red dot DOES imply that it's still a recording of another screen...?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

That's what I think, the red dot shouldn't appear on the video, if it did we should see many videos with the red dot on YouTube, and it's the first time I see that.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

you said you would let MUFON decide what this was and they said it was a lens flair.

you didn't like their answer so they are wrong ?

you have an excuse for every criticism that comes up, or just call the unbelievers pigs.

as far as your 'professional photographer' saying this isn't a lens flare....i don't buy it. If they are a professional what's their name or business? you can PM it to me if you want i won't put it on the board, but i would love to hear their explanation.

(post by visitedbythem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ive told you the truth. The guy that took the footage is very honest. Everything that can be said , has been said. I have a busy life. If I get some more information, I will come back and tell you.

As for penroc..... Isnt there other threads you can troll. Run along now

I don't think penroc was trolling... He seems genuinely curious what the photographer told you. He's right that it seems impossible that a photographer would say that it's NOT lens flare. Because all signs are that it IS lens flare...

Honestly this case is really confusing. The YouTube vid seems the closest to the original footage, but I never figured out why you were first posting a recording of the other phone's screen... Before finally someone else posted the YouTube "original" vid... And then, it would still seem to be a recording of another screen because of that red dot.

So it would seem that we have a recording of a screen (as the most original vid on YT), but originally u posted a recording OF the recording OF the original phone's screen...??

It's very confusing to even try to summarize it lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Ive told you the truth. The guy that took the footage is very honest. Everything that can be said , has been said. I have a busy life. If I get some more information, I will come back and tell you.

I don't think penroc was trolling... He seems genuinely curious what the photographer told you. He's right that it seems impossible that a photographer would say that it's NOT lens flare. Because all signs are that it IS lens flare...

Honestly this case is really confusing. The YouTube vid seems the closest to the original footage, but I never figured out why you were first posting a recording of the other phone's screen... Before finally someone else posted the YouTube "original" vid... And then, it would still seem to be a recording of another screen because of that red dot.

So it would seem that we have a recording of a screen (as the most original vid on YT), but originally u posted a recording OF the recording OF the original phone's screen...??

#1 Penroc is a genuine troll. Go back and reread all his posts....
#2 go back and read the thread, where your question is answered.
#3 I was at work on a 12 hour shift, and unable to post the video from my phone. I got the video to you by any means I could, as a ATS member and wanted ATS to get it first.
The professional photographer gave his opinion, because the ( whatever you want to call it ) flew out of the camera view. He said lens flare doesn't do that. Im not a pro photographer.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

#1 Penroc is a genuine troll. Go back and reread all his posts....
#2 go back and read the thread, where your question is answered.
#3 I was at work on a 12 hour shift, and unable to post the video from my phone. I got the video to you by any means I could, as a ATS member and wanted ATS to get it first.
The professional photographer gave his opinion, because the ( whatever you want to call it ) flew out of the camera view. He said lens flare doesn't do that. Im not a pro photographer.

1. Penroc: That may be true lol, I don't really know him...

2. I already read the whole thread because it's genuinely interesting. I still am completely confused why there are so many recordings-of-recordings.

The YT vid is most "original" yet the red dot means that apparently it's still a recording OF the original screen.

And you started the thread by posting a recording OF... the screen of the recording OF... the screen of the original.

Sorry, I don't know how that makes sense lol, I can barely even type it out, lol. How could there be so many recordings of so many screen recordings??

And the actual original video is... unavailable, right? (This leaves the possibility that the flare was on the screen, and not actually in the original footage...)

-- Photographer: ...Don't lens flares do that, though, when the camera moves? (Maybe he means that he'd expect a flare to vanish rather than move so much?)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'm a troll because I hold people to their word?

You said you would let MUFON call it, and they said lens flare.

Lots of story and crazy explanations but not allot of substance

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

This one is not a screen shot. It is the file he took directly, and e mailed me. It should be 4 seconds long not 3 seconds. When I first saw that red dot, I thought is was food or something on his lens. He came to me later in the day and discussed it. He brought it up, not me.

Ive known him for years, and am certain that he does not have the ability to photo shop it, or anything close to it. Its a brand new phone. I think he may have got it just a day or 2 before. We work tomorrow, and depending on the weather here ( its supposed to be stormy) I will ask him to go out to the same spot, with the same phone, and see if it shows lens flare, and see if there is a red dot.

Its second nature for me to trust him, because Ive known him for years, and he doesn't play games. He is a kind hearted, thoughtful, loving person, and is very popular at the mill. He will give you the shirt off his back any day of the week.

I had concluded that the lens flare classification, by the Director of MUFON was correct, until I heard what the pro photographer said. The photographer is not a UFO buff, and I had expected him to agree with MUFON. The Pro saw the 4 second version that was emailed directly to me from the phone that took the original. MUFON does not have that copy. They only have a looped screen shot Leo (another employee, that is a UFO buff) took, off the face of the other phone.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Im working on another thread(different subject) , with lots of pictures, and it should be pretty darn good. I think you will be impressed. You can come troll me there too. It will be fun. First Ive got to run by the coin shop and get some gold and silver coins before the dollar falls apart

Actually I have enjoyed your attention and comments.

Live long and prosper!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'm not a professional photographer either, but if that "professional photographer" said that then he doesn't know a thing about photography.

Any real photographer knows that a lens flare moves according to the relative movement of the light source that creates it, as you can see in your own video. Faster movements of the light or the camera make the lens flare move faster, so there's nothing strange with the way the lens flare move at the end of the video.

PS: in another post you say that we "have a HD copy of the Original", but that's not true, the video we have been looking at is hardly an HD version, it's only a 720 x 364 pixels video.

PPS: please read your messages.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Good afternoon ArMaP,

On my Youtube channel, it shows HD in the lower right hand corner.

You said "Faster movements of the light or the camera make the lens flare move faster, so there's nothing strange with the way the lens flare move at the end of the video"

My request of you is to please provide an example of the same phenomenon in another video clip, where the object seems to speed up and fly out of the frame. I remember him telling me that it flew further North than is captured, then turned toward the West. I know that sounds silly, but that is what he said. He also said he missed a lot of it because he couldn't keep up. I will see him tomorrow, and ask him to see if he can do a retake around the same time to see if a lens flare appears. Also I see that our raw material yard has the lights off. The light we see is off in the distance, probably at least an acre or more away.
Im working on an extensive thread right now. Ive enjoyed our discussion, and I hope you join in at the other thread too, if I can get it posted today

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This has been an interesting case, however it turns out.

Thanks for pointing out the YT vid is "original," except the red dot would seem to imply that it's still a screen-recording. (Since a device wouldn't normally add icons to its video, but a device WOULD add icons, to its screen...)

I'm still giving everyone the benefit of the doubt that everyone is honest and sincere about the case... But for example, the photographer is simply wrong to RULE OUT lens flare.

...The photographer might be getting tricked by a lens flare, but it's hard to imagine that a photographer would get fooled by a lens flare, lol.

As I said before, if the clip is slowed down, the first second or two, really shows that the object moves in perfect connection with the camera's movements, even the involuntary muscle twitches of the camera's holder, the object moves in sync with his muscle twitches. That's what convinces me that it's lens flare.

The fly-off ending... almost looks mysterious, except I'm almost certain that a glare would obviously move faster across the curved edge of the lens... So it seems to make sense, in that way.

So in best interpretation, OP's friend got fooled by lens flare on his own camera, and somehow, so did a professional photographer ALSO get fooled by the same lens flare.

There would also seem to be some general unfamiliarity with tech stuff, no offense to anyone. Video files can be anonymous quite easily AFAIK, so if that's why there's so many screen-recordings, then it's misguided... as well as making the whole case very convoluted / complicated / confusing. (But this could be all explained as everyone being unfamiliar with tech stuff.)

Regardless, the video is interesting & compelling so thank you to OP for posting about it. The vid certainly resembles a flying saucer, at least.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

My request of you is to please provide an example of the same phenomenon in another video clip, where the object seems to speed up and fly out of the frame.

Forget the "object", look at the light and you will see that it also "speeds up", like everything else in the video.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I do happen to be a professional videographer who also happens to do a lot of still photography as well.

I'm not saying it's definitely not a lens flare but at the end it doesn't act like any I've seen in my own pics or footage. Maybe an internal issue with the way that particular phone engineered its camera. Or maybe a reflection of some sort on the screen rather than internal optics or OS.

The light also has some characteristics that are reminiscent of a high-powered light aimed at the sky.

What I'm having a hard time figuring out is why the OP is being treated like he tried to float a hoax or something because I don't get that impression at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I'm not saying it's definitely not a lens flare but at the end it doesn't act like any I've seen in my own pics or footage.

In what way?

What I'm having a hard time figuring out is why the OP is being treated like he tried to float a hoax or something because I don't get that impression at all.

Unfortunately, in the last years we have seen a rise in extreme positions. I think that's why the OP said "this is the real thing" and "pearls before swine" more than once, as to him there was only one possible explanation: his. In the same way, people on the opposite side of the interpretation of the video acted as if he was trying to hoax them and did not accept any other possibility.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join