It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Chariot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Wise words, GUT.

I didn't feel affronted, either, but I could see how the initial breathless enthusiasm and excitement of the OP alongside multiple duplicate posts demanding a YT link would have been interpreted as 'trollish' by some, lighting the blue touch paper for a bar brawl.

I think we're sweeping up the broken glass and repairing the swing-doors now. Anyone care for a double bourbon on the rocks while we wait for MUFON?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

BTW, my statement wasn't trying to shame you or anything like that.
I have seen first hand ufos, including while in the military, and know they are real. But it does look like a camera lens reflection off the window. More so when the reflection moves exactly as the camera.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Thank you!

I don't think its a prank. Ive known him for years, and he hasn't pranked me before that I recall. It may be lens flare. It sure looks like it at the beginning. It seems to bob up and down with the camera when it starts. What confuses me is toward the end, when it seems to speed up and flies out of the frame. I don't think it should do that, but I don't know. Also , there are other lights out there. There should be more flares. I just don't know. There is a cooling tower he is standing by, and cooling pumps running close by, so don't take the sounds into account.

He thinks he saw something first. You know how the human mind is. He may have saw something first , like he said but maybe what he saw was on the screen, and that's why he began taping. Don't know.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Also, it's possible OP's friend was sincere, but that he honestly misunderstood the lens flare in his own camera.

The object's movement speeding up, could probably be due to the shape of the lens (like I think the reflection would move faster over the more curved part of the lens, but who knows).

Interesting footage, at any rate.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Some questions:

- Which video was sent to MUFON, the original or your video of his phone? If it was the original video taken by your friend, could you upload that instead of your "second hand" video? Seeing the original would help;

- Did he repeat the video? That would also help showing if what we are seeing in the video is a lens flare or not;

- Did you ask him and did he told you if what we see in your video is what he saw? As I said before, it's possible that he saw something, filmed it but the camera only captured the lens flare, or the original object is there but we all look at the brighter lens flare.

MUFON doesn't have my looped video I took off his screen.

When the testing/Die repair employee(Leo) came in, I alerted him to what ____ had caught on his phone, because Leo is a full on UFO enthusiast. We both taped off ____'s screen.
That is Leos feet you see, and and voice you hear on my loop version. That's us all excited checking to see that we got clear copies.

I had planned on posting it to ATS after I got off work over 10 hours later at my convenience.

A bit later ____ said he also sent Leo the copy via e mail, when he figured out how to do that, and that Leo had contacted MUFON, and shared with them. That's when I panicked and got on here to get it posted for us first, because I thought MUFON might present it before ATS got it. I wanted to have ATS get it first. That's what we do on here.

I couldn't figure out how to post the vid from my phone, and that's when I called for help. The multiple post wasn't intentional. I don't think I did that. I think it was an ATS malfunction, or maybe I did by mistake due to lag.

Ive just texted Leo to see which version MUFON has, but he hasn't answered back yet.

The 4 second Hi def pic is the best one. I hope I answered all your questions.

One last thing. We promised not to use my buddies name, so Leo turned it in to MUFON with his own name. Leo didn't get there until later on in the morning. Confusing eh? Sorry Bro

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Actually there is a bit more I didn't tell you. Leo ( 64 yrs old, testing) and Don ( 65 or 66, engineering) say that they see something else, that I didn't see. They blew up the picture, and slowed it down frame by frame, and they say there is something ( this sounds so stupid) that takes off , in front of what we are looking at, before that thing . Leo is also on a new iphone max.
The engineering guy, is not an enthusiast, but was trying to show me this thing they could see. They thought what we are looking at is chasing what something else. Are you puzzled? I am.
I feel like an idiot for even sharing this with you
edit on 8-1-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

By the way, the red dot seems to obviously just be an icon on the guy's phone. Look at the edges of the phone, and the other icons in the top-right, and u can see that the red dot stays in an exact spot of the phone's screen. I'd assume it's the red dot of being in recording-mode.

Yeah if we can see the actual original recording (instead of the recording OF the other phone's recording) then that would probably help the visibility, of the UFO (or lens flare).

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Day-um. Some o' y'all is playing pretty rough with our ATS brother here. Feel like I'm in the mudpit. He just shared a vid that he and his buddy thought might show something anomalous. And he did it here at ATS of all places...what nerve!

Having said that, yeah, it's probably refraction ultimately. Myself, I don't feel intellectually affronted or hoaxed or nuthin' by the OP. I enjoyed the opportunity to check it out and make my own determination.

If you got 'em smoke 'em, or crack the seal on the bottle or whatever. You'd think the man yelled Trump in a crowded college safe space or sumthin'.

I just saw your post Bro. Thanks for the back up. Ive begun to have regrets for starting this thread. You are right, It probably is lens flare. I just felt it was my duty as an ATS member to get my report to ATS first at all cost;
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Was it seen outside of the Phone view finder? The video did not capture anything, but that doesn't mean they did not SEE anything out side the phone viewer.

Thanks for posting, but better luck next time on capture OP.

That was the first thing I asked. He thought he saw it outside the screen, and that's why he began the video instead of the usual snap shot he would take, but we all know the human mind. He may have, or he may have seen something in the screen and been mistaken.

PS Hi Zazz
edit on 8-1-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

BTW, my statement wasn't trying to shame you or anything like that.
I have seen first hand ufos, including while in the military, and know they are real. But it does look like a camera lens reflection off the window. More so when the reflection moves exactly as the camera.

Its all good Bro!

Just for the record, there are no windows out in the raw material storage yard.
Were good Bro

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I didn't know what that was. I was wondering if that was food or something splattered. What you say makes sense though

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I wish a mod would remove the multiple posts at the beginning of this thread. That looks silly

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I didn't know what that was. I was wondering if that was food or something splattered. What you say makes sense though

Gotcha. The tricky part is that we can't see the whole screen of the original phone, and it would probably be more obvious if we did see the full original screen.

I was trying to figure out if the red dot is in the center of the screen, which it probably is, but we can't really see the full screen image yet...

OP thanks for the thread, you should not regret it, even if it did turn out to be lens flare.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I suppose that would classify as a UFO. But videos and pics are not proof of anything, something being real or not is not objective or even subjective, though for most of humans reality it is purely a subjective thing, but in truth its all purely experience based. Which just means, you either see and know or you don't.

Ducks don't communicate with eagles and vice versa, even though there both birds, for all intensive purposes they are in two different and distinct realities and dimensions. And those dimensions will not collide to see eye to eye, not even in a million years, or in fact hundreds of millions of years.

So ya, there can never be any video proof of something that you do not know about. Reality on planet earth is purely subjective. If even that, which is why I could post a video of me playing jenga with a gray and a reptilian while disusing the best way to shift dimensions, and why everything tastes like chicken, and that to, will not be proof of anything, but that videos exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The thing is I have been reviewing footage for around 20 years and think I have a good eye to see if it's lens flare/CGI etc. It's the way it speeds up at the end and the look of the thing. It could be many things but I was just forming my own opinion. Im entitled to that no? I see plenty of reason to throw in CGI, instead of definitively passing it off as one single thing.LOL.

October

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: October
The thing is I have been reviewing footage for around 20 years and think I have a good eye to see if it's lens flare/CGI etc. It's the way it speeds up at the end and the look of the thing. It could be many things but I was just forming my own opinion. Im entitled to that no? I see plenty of reason to throw in CGI, instead of definitively passing it off as one single thing.LOL.

October

I mean, it looks like lens flare, yes.

But it doesn't resemble CGI to me. (Which I'd expect to look better than a lens flare, lol.)

But who knows. I hope we get to see the original footage at some point...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The digital copy he e mailed me should be the best quality copy, I would think, unless it somehow crops it. I just heard back from Leo, and he sent MUFON a copy that was filmed right off the screen with another iPhone max. He said that he filmed that copy right off screen in the lunch room at work, while the phone was on the table, to keep it steady.

I had expected that he had sent them the 4 second version, that was emailed to him later. I guess not.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My buddy Leo tried to reenact the original picture with his iphone. It didn't come out like that. Someone suggested using a laser so we will probably be trying that too, but from what I remember, the lasers have a beam that goes all the way up, not just a spot

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

My buddy Leo tried to reenact the original picture with his iphone. It didn't come out like that.

Can we see the result? I would prefer to judge for myself.

Someone suggested using a laser so we will probably be trying that too, but from what I remember, the lasers have a beam that goes all the way up, not just a spot

A laser looks nothing like what we see on the video. Laser light is directed in one direction, so unless there's something in the air (dust, rain, whatever) where the laser can be bounced to the camera or it's pointed directly to the camera it will not be visible. Pointing it to the camera may damage it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

My buddy Leo tried to reenact the original picture with his iphone. It didn't come out like that.

Can we see the result? I would prefer to judge for myself.

Someone suggested using a laser so we will probably be trying that too, but from what I remember, the lasers have a beam that goes all the way up, not just a spot

A laser looks nothing like what we see on the video. Laser light is directed in one direction, so unless there's something in the air (dust, rain, whatever) where the laser can be bounced to the camera or it's pointed directly to the camera it will not be visible. Pointing it to the camera may damage it.

Yes you may. Im headed out of town for a few hours. Tonight when I get home, Ill figure out how to take it out of text, send it to my youtube channel and post it for you.

The first original was taken on an overcast morning. There were clouds. I want to see what a laser will do anyway. I think it will leave a beam you can see, all the way up to the sky though

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join