It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi calling wall immoral leads me to think she doesnt want border security

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Pelosi didnt say the wall wont work, or is dumb, or anything like that.

She said it is immoral. She has said that several times.

Now what about it is immoral?

She has supported foriegn aid to other countries to build walls, so clearly she didnt think those wall were immoral.

She has supported money for a border fence on the sudden border, so for some reason a fence is immoral but a wall isnt.

Presumably her and others advocate other things, like border agents, drones, other forms of tech at the southern border, so why is that not immoral?

It seems to me that these claims of immorality are because there is a fear that the wall may work.

Even if you dont buy that, there is also an inherent danger is claiming people that disagree with you are immoral. This makes all negotiation impossible. And so is it any wonder we have a shutdown?

Here is a debate I analyze where a democrat is trying to explain Pelosi morality comment.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

She's got a damn nice "immoral" wall protecting HER palatial estate.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So does she think walls are immoral or border security?
If its border security then she must think every other country in the world is immoral.

And as a side note, how does she explain a nice Mexican police officer asking for my passport every time I've been to Mexico? I had to bribe one to "find" my luggage around ten years ago.
I hate business travel in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
course not. How else would dems win elections?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

How DARE she keep foreign intruders from entering her home illegally!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Getting obvious that the 2006 Democrat "Yes" was just a standard ruse to keep the butter on the bread.

Obvious too is maybe (probably) the ones "against" border security are getting *PAID* to say and do what they are saying and doing.

Lots of of NGO's with big money behind this BS šŸ˜ŽšŸ”

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So you don't get the immorality of the Wall?

I will try to explain it to you. All right minded Democrats see the Wall as immoral because they understand that the under priviliged impoverished people of color from around the world have a "right" to migrate anywhere in the world they so choose to go. That is the position of the UN which sees that the practice of good Global Citizenship requires all people to welcome the disadvantaged refugees and economic migrants into their wealthy countries.

Therefore the wall is immoral as being an attempt to stop legal migration. You have to remeber that as far as Democrats are concerned, there is no such thing as "Illegal" immigration.

And of course they would point out that the only people supporting the Wall are racist nativist neo-nazi white knuckle draggers from fly-over-country.

So........there you have it. You can get your panties in a bunch over the Democrats viewpoint, but know in the end..........You will Never Get Your Wall!

A suggestion.......take up golf.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Pelosi didnt say the wall wont work, or is dumb, or anything like that.

She said it is immoral. She has said that several times.

Now what about it is immoral?

She has supported foriegn aid to other countries to build walls, so clearly she didnt think those wall were immoral.

She has supported money for a border fence on the sudden border, so for some reason a fence is immoral but a wall isnt.

Presumably her and others advocate other things, like border agents, drones, other forms of tech at the southern border, so why is that not immoral?

It seems to me that these claims of immorality are because there is a fear that the wall may work.

Even if you dont buy that, there is also an inherent danger is claiming people that disagree with you are immoral. This makes all negotiation impossible. And so is it any wonder we have a shutdown?

Here is a debate I analyze where a democrat is trying to explain Pelosi morality comment.

Nah, some of the progressives on ATS said Dems are not for open borders.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Your losing it man. You used to be right/middle but now it seems you are too lost watching the talking heads and reading news that fits your view. Which means you have now possibly become one of the herd.
Come back man!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's so fake and contrived. Obviously there's a real reason some people don't want border security...immoral?

Riiight. The same people who will preach on what's so immoral and how bad trump is were praising Harvey Weinstein and Jimmy Seville.

For certain, these cretins do not in any way get to decide what is "immoral". They have forfeited that with continued deception and subversion at every turn.

The simplest conclusion, I think, is the supply of drugs/human trafficking is big business and some people would like to see that revenue stream continue.

But yea, they are really going to sit there, look you dead in the face and say "no we can't secure our borders it's so immoral"

It just defies common sense. There is no reason not to have border security. And whoever they got to get on TV and oppose it, it should be clear they are not being upfront and transparent.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If democrats are not for open borders, and agree that people should enter legally, then a wall will not make that process any more or less complicated.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
5 billion is a BIG problem and they spend like 1.6 trillion last year more then their budget allows, probably more this year.

Most likely her own house got some expensive security, lots of fences and who knows more like most very rich persons.. but really how come this crazy very old lady is still around, she not fit for her job for sure.

That said the US should invest in Mexico, trying to improve mexico's economy, like the EU most trade are with other EU country's nearby.. try to gain some wealth with your neighboring country's where both prosper in the end. Mexico got cheap labor, the US doesn't.. lots to gain for both when smart.
When Mexico gets stronger economically less reason for ppl over there trying their luck in the US as well and more trade between them, double win.
edit on 5-1-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Of course she doesn't want border security. That will slow down the influx of democrat voters. That is why the dems want to eliminate the electoral college. No electoral college + millions of illegal alien voters = dem wins.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
She has a Facebook page, and I'm sure Twitter and Instagram as well. There are phone numbers and e-mails where people can leave their opinions.

Telling her personally in these ways will have more of an impact than shooting off on ATS.

Change only happens when you drive down the right roads.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
She doesn't want border security. None of them do.

Whatever will tear the country apart, you'll find her 100% in support of. And vice versa.

I keep telling you you have to get any notion of altruism outta your head when talking about these people.

They don't mean well. Their hearts are not in the right place. As soon as you realize that, the clearer things will become.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
She has a Facebook page, and I'm sure Twitter and Instagram as well. There are phone numbers and e-mails where people can leave their opinions.

Telling her personally in these ways will have more of an impact than shooting off on ATS.

Change only happens when you drive down the right roads.

Peace.

Iā€™m running for Congress, so I am doing more than just shooting off

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Your losing it man. You used to be right/middle but now it seems you are too lost watching the talking heads and reading news that fits your view. Which means you have now possibly become one of the herd.
Come back man!

What about this op is incorrect or different for me

The leader of the Dems says a wall is immoral

That seems to be an issue worth commenting on

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: IAMTAT

How DARE she keep foreign intruders from entering her home illegally!

It's downright immoral of her.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I agree. I think this goes beyond simply breaking our laws to get more voters. I think they are following marching orders that don't originate from our flavor of oligarchs, but higher up oligarchs that are also responsible for the mass illegal immigration happening in Europe as well.

To destabilize us and make it easier for them to rule over us because we will be occupied with simple survival, after we are turned into a 3rd world society.

All of the talk and back-n-forth is simply theater. They are all in on it. I really don't think any of them are doing this out of humanitarian values, period. They are doing what their masters tell them to do.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I guess that the wall around her personal residence is also immoral.

Hypocrites, all of them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join