It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mars Landing- Who will believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
If this has been discussed before can a mod please get rid of it. (im not too good with the search function)

In 1969 two brave men landed on the moon as the entire planet watched on.

But did they? This is the question that millions of people have asked since it happened.

But when/if we land on Mars, will we all doubt it? Say it couldnt have happened even though it is a subject we have been keen on for so many long years?!

So what are your guys thoughts on this? Will soemone make up something that ''proves'' that it was filmed in say, The local swimming pool?

E_T

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
So what are your guys thoughts on this? Will soemone make up something that ''proves'' that it was filmed in say, The local swimming pool?
There will be flat earthers and self proclaimed prophets as long as lying and profiting from it is allowed. (and they find uninformed people incapable to thinking)

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think if a private company lands on mars it will almsot 100% go down as truth but if the USA lands on Mars there will be much more speculation whether or not this was true

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Boy has this been discussed....too many threads for me to list but here is a few...enjoy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Boy has this been discussed....too many threads for me to list but here is a few...enjoy

Correct me if im wrong, but those threads are about the moon, this ones about Mars.

jhh

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I will believe if they all develop thyroid cancer within 10 years, otherwise no.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
wait 20 years after the mars landing and you will get people thinking it never happened.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
wait 20 years after the mars landing and you will get people thinking it never happened.

Sadly, thats most probably true, most people believe the rovers are actually there so hopefully people will beleive if we land there.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm sure we won't have any problem believing it while watching it on the news every night... Quite frankly, we (nor anyone else) would not be able to pull off such a hoax with other spacefaring nations watching...now would we?

Nobody had a problem believing the Pathfinder landing, etc. so I doubt it would be an issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i think many will doubt, but i will beleiev it, but even now, if they do fake it, whos gunna notice, our movie making technology is so much better than it was in the late 60s, and thats just what average tchnology is, think about the cameras nasa has, rumors about 1 gigapixel cameras and stuff, i think they wont lie.

Schmidt1989

new topics

top topics

join