It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does new rep Tlaib deserve $174000/yr.?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

but speech does have consequences. you go into a job interview and tell the guy you're talking to that you think he looks like a geek and you want to deck him and well...
you more than likely will face the consequences and will be looking elsewhere for a job.
and well, some of these newbies, I am afraid, might not get second terms. maybe I am wrong, but I have my doubts.
then again, trump is more untraditional than these guys are and he's president, so who knows.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

I think every citizen in the country should be required to take a loyalty oath to the President, the ones who refuse can get an all inclusive vacation in the east.

Oooh! Museums! Musicals! Fancy-schmancy restaurants!!! Impossibly huge libraries!!! Functional subway systems!!!! I can go for that! I'm totally disloyal to Trump - sign me up!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDidHappen
Pay scale for congress:

The Average Joe in Congress (there are 529 of them) gets paid $174,000 per year. But not everyone is average; the speaker of the House gets $223,500 a year, while the majority and minority leaders of both the Senate and the House, along with the President Pro Tempore, get paid $193,400 per year.Dec 6, 2018

Do we want to pay one to hate our President? I say no, here is how to remove the haters:

Removal of a Member of Congress. Even though citizens cannot recall a member of Congress, the individual chambers can remove members of the House of Representatives or Senate by way of expulsion. ... The House or Senate can expel a member if there is the support to do so by at least two-thirds of the members.Jul 5, 2018

Even though citizens cannot recall a member of Congress, the individual chambers can remove members of the House of Representatives or Senate by way of expulsion. There have been only 20 cases of expulsion in the history of the United States.

The House or Senate can expel a member if there is the support to do so by at least two-thirds of the members. There doesn't have to be a specific reason, but in the past expulsion has been used to punish House and Senate members who have committed a serious crime, abuse of their power or been "disloyal" to the United States.

Then we should have removed Joe Wilson for yelling Liar during Obama's speech and and Doug Lamborn for calling Obama a Tar Baby etc. And let's not forget all the Offensive things Trump has said.

Although these outbursts are offensive. I don't think we should remove people from office, we should vote them out.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but speech does have consequences. you go into a job interview and tell the guy you're talking to that you think he looks like a geek and you want to deck him and well...
you more than likely will face the consequences and will be looking elsewhere for a job.
and well, some of these newbies, I am afraid, might not get second terms. maybe I am wrong, but I have my doubts.
then again, trump is more untraditional than these guys are and he's president, so who knows.

Aaand just like clockwork!

Justification for punishing those who think differently!

Burn any good books lately?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There is no method currently to recall a Representative or Senator by the States, however I think the decision relating to the Arkansas term limits that tested this via the 10th Amendment was a bit of a bad call, as it was relating to a State setting term limits for representatives from their State (U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton). This should not be confused with the ability to recall the representative for what ever other reason, as Federal Term limits are enforced on a Federal level and are specifically noted. Specifically I am talking about Article 1 Section 4 of the Constitution. that states

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of choosing Senators. The Congress shall assemble at least once in every Year, and such Meeting shall be on the first Monday in December, unless they shall by Law appoint a different Day

Basically, it has never been attempted to recall a Representative or Senator by the state, and in the closest analog to it that is usually touted as such, it was an attempt to enforce term limits, rather than actually on recalling a member.

edit on 5-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: grammar, typo

However if you want a thorough history of the subject
www.everycrsreport.com...
is a report on it and related matters. It is currently understood that states can not do so, but it has yet to be seen in a case to affirm it directly.
edit on 5-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: source for info

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The district that elected this buffoon is who will determine I'd she keeps her job. She isn't the first nor the last Congress person to out a foot in their mouth or say something stupid.

Free speech means there will be some speech you dont like and you just have to tolerate it.

Hopefully, the public can see how unhinged these leftist really are and choose to vote for better candidates.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not sure but I do know that she'll be funneling as much money as she can to to Palestinian terrorists.

About what I would expect from a rabid anti-Semite in the Jew hating Democrat Party.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think every citizen in the country should be required to take a loyalty oath to the President, the ones who refuse can get an all inclusive vacation in the east.

yes

it can be like in the mob movies.

take us one at a time into a basement where joey tailpipe and vinny the neck are waiting.
hold your hand out and hold a burning piece of paper with a saint on it while you swear allegiance to the capo de tutti president.

if you dont you get a baseball bat to the head and then tossed into the trunk of a brougham

edit on 5-1-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

best way is to run a candidate against her that she cant beat and in a couple years she is gone.

Anything else sets a dangerous precedent unless she actually does something that could be prosecutable.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They should be seeking office out of a sense of duty, not for financial gain.

Sounds a bit like communism to me...you goin red?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: dawnstar

Aaand just like clockwork!

Justification for punishing those who think differently!

Burn any good books lately?

Well no, he makes a fair point.
If you go and act like an ass, people might be less inclined to vote for you in the next term...you can say what you want, but people have a right to choose to vote against you based on the smart or dumb stuff you say. I am cool with that.

What I am not cool with is the ops idea of removing an elected official for her free speech due to it not showing whatever...loyalty to some guy who is currently president. That is some dictatorial thinking right there....Luckily most seen what nonsense that is, but goes to show there will always be some in a free society who longs for the abolishment of the republic in favor of a despotism
edit on 5-1-2019 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I think it's a natural reaction to not want to please people who do things or say things you don't like.
as individual citizens, we not only are allowed to do this, I really think it's impossible to stop them from doing it, unless they happen to get violent.
just like it's our right as individual citizens to not support the election of someone who we don't like or not support them while in office. living in a democratic republic as an adult means that we each have the same rights, to support those things and people we happen to life, and to voice our opinions against those things that we don't... and well, accept the fact that sometimes you just don't get want you want.

as far as book burnings, the only experience I have with them involved the christian religion, years ago. by what I understand one of the last books torched by them was the harry potter books.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: watchitburn

They should be seeking office out of a sense of duty, not for financial gain.

Sounds a bit like communism to me...you goin red?

Welp, that's the dumbest thing I'm going to read all day.
edit on 5-1-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
yes

it can be like in the mob movies.

take us one at a time into a basement where joey tailpipe and vinny the neck are waiting.
hold your hand out and hold a burning piece of paper with a saint on it while you swear allegiance to the capo de tutti president.

if you dont you get a baseball bat to the head and then tossed into the trunk of a brougham

My neighbor, Joe Bag of Donuts, would be proud of your post.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Oooh! Museums! Musicals! Fancy-schmancy restaurants!!! Impossibly huge libraries!!! Functional subway systems!!!! I can go for that! I'm totally disloyal to Trump - sign me up!

You'll love it! You even get a nice train ride and a thorough delousing.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Congratulations you win the most moronic post of the day award. And that is saying a lot as your fellow rwnj’s try on a regular basis to out do this one. a reply to: ThatDidHappen

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

My neighbor, Joe Bag of Donuts, would be proud of your post.

ever eat at Moe's?

it's like chipotle

their chicken burrito is called the joey bag of donuts

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I agree voting them out is the only way when expulsion of a representative requires 2/3 of the house to agree and it is their darling rising star who used vulgarity.

I guess I missed the explitives aimed at Obama but he certainly deserved to be hung out and dried and impeached. Barry not only stole the 2012 election but is so shady he can't prove he was born by CIA parents in the USA not to mention the defiled and offensive way they treated the WH, with wild parties with drugs and rappers, and innuendo swirling about their sexuality, as Joan Rivers was kind enough to point out.

edit on 5-1-2019 by ThatDidHappen because: Sp

(post by carewemust removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Just like it was too bad we couldn't remove that sneaking thief in the night Devin Nunes.

But I think it's a good thing they won't simply remove people for such things as disloyalty to the president. Or even devout blind loyalty for that matter.
Loyalty is to the constitution and that is what they take an oath to. Not to the president.
edit on 152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join