It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a page from Trump playbook, Pelosi rejects facts.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Your obviously not an American so why do you even care? And I live in California what makes you a professional who can even make this assumption? My 6 yr old was raped by a daca. F you for even chiming in. I want a wall. stop the drugs stop these horrid humans.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Piglosi's mind is toast, that's the first thing I thought after about 10 words out of her mouth. Anybody who has went through it noticed. I really doubt she makes it to the next election and if she keeps getting skinnier that will be a bad sign. Having her out of sight 2-3 days on a regular basis is another sign. The drugs she's doing have all kinds of side effects, from extreme anger to hallucinations to diarrhea among the more pleasant ones.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Your obviously not an American so why do you even care?

So I need to be an American to voice an opinion here now ?

F you for even chiming in. I want a wall. stop the drugs stop these horrid humans.

I see the reason so many non Americans are leaving this place , I could respond in kind but have more dignity than that.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I want a wall. stop the drugs stop these horrid humans.

I bet you want the death penalty for your daughter's rapist too. I would. Unfortunately, that not how justice is meted out in the USA. A wall won't bring your daughter's innocence back, nor will it protect the innocence of any other child. I'm sorry for yours and your daughter's pain.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Now they’ll start talking about the “post-truth world”, the rise in sales of Orwell’s 1984, and will report on it incessantly for months. No, just kidding, they’ll circle the wagons.
edit on 5-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

horrid humans?

good god, I can see how the holocaust happened..

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I bet you want the death penalty for your daughter's rapist too. I would. Unfortunately, that not how justice is meted out in the USA. A wall won't bring your daughter's innocence back, nor will it protect the innocence of any other child. I'm sorry for yours and your daughter's pain.

Did you really just say "Suck it up, buttercup" in leftist?

Sorry, but that's how I saw it. That's cold...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Illegal Immigrant and Crime facts, are more provable than Man-made Global Warming "facts".

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Did you really just say "Suck it up, buttercup" in leftist?

Nope. I said it as a rape survivor.

edit on 5-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yes, it is cool. It's clear form the responses in this thread that many people simply do not care... whether it be about factual information from official agencies, individual tales of horrendous actions, or anything else that threatens their political agenda. Homeland Security is charged with obtaining and disseminating information to Congress and the President about what is happening at the border; that's their job. To deny their reports without any contradictory evidence is, IMO, dereliction of duty and cognitive dissonance. To deny personal reports of heinous, deplorable criminal behavior as callously as I have seen here is simply inhumane and despicable, to the same extent as any KKK or Westboro Baptist Church activity during their height of power.

Similar arguments were used against the Scottsboro Boys.

Party of peace, indeed. Party of intolerance and ignorance is more like it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Empathy doesn't seem to be your strong suit, then.

You have my sympathy, as does the person you replied to.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Support for an ill conceived, politically motivated wall doesn't equate to empathy for a rape victim's parent. Neither does calling for the lynching of a rapist who also happened to be the unwitting child of an undocumented immigrant, emotions which I do understand and confess to, but actions that I do not support.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
People on here like to bust people's bawls for not putting their sources that they approve of. Then do the exact same thing with their "facts".

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: network dude

Nielsen reportedly told the Democrats at the meeting that border officials along the U.S.-Mexico border had apprehended about 3,000 people with terrorist ties and 17,000 criminals last year.

First of all, that's their job. That's why we have border patrol and border security. Looks like they are doing their job just fine. Secondly, what are "terrorist ties"? And, what constitutes "criminal"? Is illegal entry included in that statistic?

so they got them all huh?

I don't know. Have we had any terror attacks, on US soil, that originated from terrorists that entered through the Mexican border? Do you honestly believe that a border wall keep terrorists out of the US? What will a border wall do to protect our coastlines, the Canadian border, Alaska and Hawaii's borders as well as our airports? (especially with TSA agents not being paid during the government shutdown and TSA agents calling in sick by the hundreds right now)

so you are for open borders?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Rwnj’s and facts are mutually exclusive. But at least you admit that tRump ignores facts. a reply to: network dude

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Apparently, the LWNJ's also have issues with pesky facts.

But these days, you just offer the war cry "fake newz!!!!" and instead of proving the article wrong, you just throw a tantrump. And that works........

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Nielsen reportedly told the Democrats at the meeting that border officials along the U.S.-Mexico border had apprehended about 3,000 people with terrorist ties and 17,000 criminals last year.

First of all, that's their job. That's why we have border patrol and border security. Looks like they are doing their job just fine. Secondly, what are "terrorist ties"? And, what constitutes "criminal"? Is illegal entry included in that statistic?

I don't know. Have we had any terror attacks, on US soil, that originated from terrorists that entered through the Mexican border? Do you honestly believe that a border wall keep terrorists out of the US? What will a border wall do to protect our coastlines, the Canadian border, Alaska and Hawaii's borders as well as our airports? (especially with TSA agents not being paid during the government shutdown and TSA agents calling in sick by the hundreds right now)

I'm against an archaic, ineffective and expensive border wall. The USA does not have an "open border" policy, and I'm not advocating for a change to our immigration laws or border policies. However, I'm not against fixing any existing immigration problems through legislation.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

So, you want borders that can be open or enforced at will, depending on who is in charge of the government?

That's really what this is about. Legislation and technology are active. On a whim, the government can simply defund the CBP or a President can choose to stop deportations. A wall is passive. If it is defunded, it is still there. If the patrols are defunded, it's still harder to cross. If the President stops deportations, it does not matter because they have a hard time getting in in the first place.

It's not that a wall is "archaic, ineffective and expensive"; none of those are even true. Wheels are archaic, but we use them every day; inclined planes are archaic, but we use them every day; levers are archaic, but we use them every day. Every piece of data known shows a wall as being tremendously effective for the purpose it was intended. The requested funding is less than 0.1% of the budget, a small fraction of what the Democrats want to send to the very countries that are sending the caravans.

No, it is that a wall is permanent and completely effective. Can we at least be honest about that?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm against an archaic, ineffective and expensive border wall. The USA does not have an "open border" policy, and I'm not advocating for a change to our immigration laws or border policies. However, I'm not against fixing any existing immigration problems through legislation.

OK, you do know there are parts of the southern border that have no barriers in place at all right? And you do know that the border patrol isn't staffed enough to just put people out there guarding it right? So, knowing that, and having the "I don't like trump so anything he wants I don't" attitude, what do you suggest we do to plug that leak, or should we just ignore it and hope nobody notices?
edit on 6-1-2019 by network dude because: ,

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Facts! Rwnjs look elsewhere..... this won’t compute. www.washingtonpost.com... 6e9b065e&noredirect=on

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join