It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a page from Trump playbook, Pelosi rejects facts.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

At one point during the meeting, according to the Wall Street Journal, Pelosi interrupted Nielsen, who was citing statistics related to the border, including how many criminal illegal immigrants attempted to enter the U.S. last year. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP “I reject your facts,” Pelosi told Nielsen “These aren’t my facts," Nielsen shot back. "These are the facts.”

Facts are so......factual. Let's ignore them, and just go right to Muh Feelz! Because when running a country, and representing the people, well, the people are so damn dumb, they need what is now called a "facts broker". That's someone who can hear all the facts, and then disregard the ones that go against your wishes, and just use the one's you like, or none at all.

So the question is, lefties, is this cool?
edit on 5-1-2019 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am not going to defend Nancy on this. She is totally wrong! It is nothing like trump though. trump just makes his "facts" up. What is worse, he makes the "facts" up, and his followers, spread them as the absolute truth! Pelosi, just wont accept the facts. Big difference.
edit on 5-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: fix

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I have no love for Pelosi, shes in the early stages of dementia. I've seen her behavior in people I know.

But I will also say that numbers can be made to say anything. Shes right to question the interviewers facts. Pelosi could have worded her position better but that's a different story.
edit on 5-1-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

"Facts" coming from the White House are open to question without evidence being presented to support those "facts" especially when the "facts" are related to Trumps pet project.

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Senate Democrat, also criticized Nielsen’s presentation, telling Bloomberg that it “was not a credible presentation.”
“It was preposterous,” Durbin said. “At a time when we have the lowest level of apprehensions at the border — stopping people from coming in illegally — the lowest level historically, she is saying that we have all these terrorists and criminals and all these people on their way in.”

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"Facts" coming from the White House are open to question without evidence being presented to support those "facts" especially when the "facts" are related to Trumps pet project.

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Senate Democrat, also criticized Nielsen’s presentation, telling Bloomberg that it “was not a credible presentation.”
“It was preposterous,” Durbin said. “At a time when we have the lowest level of apprehensions at the border — stopping people from coming in illegally — the lowest level historically, she is saying that we have all these terrorists and criminals and all these people on their way in.”

what facts were presented incorrectly?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What evidence was presented to show the reported facts are facts and not assertions ?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Shouldn't you have included in your OP what "facts" were questioned? Then also shown how these "facts" are correct and not fabricated?

I mean, just claiming somethings "a fact", doesn't necessarily make it "a fact"!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If you ask a Republican, he will state facts saying the economy is great.
If you ask a Democrat, he will state facts saying the economy sucks.

Which set of "facts" are you going to believe?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

When looking at facts, especially when coming from our government one must wonder where the real truth exists.

By her not even wanting to listen says a lot about what this is all about. It is like instant power madness in Congress.
The Day Care center in DC is unsupervised

edit on 5-1-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

What evidence was presented to show the reported facts are facts and not assertions ?

I presented a news article for discussion. In the article, the facts that are in dispute weren't mentioned. Just the part where Pelosi disregarded the facts, as reported. I was curious to know how you were privy to the facts and could make the comment you made, without being full of crap.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Shouldn't you have included in your OP what "facts" were questioned? Then also shown how these "facts" are correct and not fabricated?

I mean, just claiming somethings "a fact", doesn't necessarily make it "a fact"!

If i had them, I would. At this point, all I know is what was reported in the article I linked. I think the overall point is that Pelosi wasn't interested in facts, only her version. Otherwise she would have her own facts to counter, kind of like a "discussion".

What facts did you not like?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Nielsen reportedly told the Democrats at the meeting that border officials along the U.S.-Mexico border had apprehended about 3,000 people with terrorist ties and 17,000 criminals last year. Pelosi also asked the DHS head whether she was counting anyone crossing the border illegally as having a criminal record, with the administration denying that’s how the figure was devised.

here is a report that 50,000 a month were caught.

And while I'm not smart, or a democrat, I don't think this includes the ones that "got away".

these are the facts as reported by the MSM. If they aren't true, I have no other source.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I presented a news article for discussion. In the article, the facts that are in dispute weren't mentioned.

Perhaps you should have read the article you posted then.

Nielsen reportedly told the Democrats at the meeting that border officials along the U.S.-Mexico border had apprehended about 3,000 people with terrorist ties and 17,000 criminals last year.

Facts or assertion.

. I was curious to know how you were privy to the facts and could make the comment you made, without being full of crap.

Obviously.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

lol, see the post above yours. I listed the facts that were in the article, then listed another fact that showed the known crossing numbers of those apprehended. It shows, based on those facts, that at the very least, they didn't include all who crossed illegally, in the 17,000 number.

But you win, you are superior. you get the prize, the big trophy, the number one spot. your crown should be in the mail.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You could also argue that anything coming out of the mouth of a politician from Illinois should be closely scrutinized.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

lol, see the post above yours. I listed the facts that were in the article, then listed another fact that showed the known crossing numbers of those apprehended.

Ah , the post made after I posted my reply , guess I should have foreseen that but my ability to see future posts before they're posted isn't what it should be.

But you win, you are superior. you get the prize, the big trophy, the number one spot. your crown should be in the mail.

Whatever.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You could also argue that anything coming out of the mouth of a politician from Illinois should be closely scrutinized.

I'd argue that anything coming from of the mouth of any politician should be closely scrutinized , doesn't happen much these days though , loyalty comes before truth.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Rudy Giuliani Truth isnt truth....

Kellyanne Conway alternative facts

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Who's statistics was the lady quoting?
The source here is FOX....
edit on 152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Then you are probably very concerned about trump who doctors have actually speculated is suffering dementia.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join