It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What mental illness do the leftists suffer from?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Libtards, lefty loonies, the list goes on.

What is it about these Sigmund Frauds out there who claim that those on the left are mentally ill? as someone who suffers from mental illnesses, even I don't get the logic. My aunty-who happens to be a "clinical health and Mental psychologist" (she hates it when I don't use her full title) would have a field day with those left and right whose knee jerk reactions lead to irrational accusations.

She has taught me a lot about the human mind, i'm kinda like her pupil or if you are a Star Wars fan-her padawan. I have learned a lot from her from a personal basis and trying to understand others who suffer from mental illness and how to communicate with them.

So for all you with a Ph.D in BS I beg the question...can you identify what mental illness the leftists suffer from?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage.

and a touch of gender dysphoria
edit on 5-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well when you run out of decent counter arguments just claim the other side is crazy.

They know they’re doing it, deep down anyone with two brain cells knows that being a liberal is not a mental illness.

It’s astoundingly arrogant to assume that the only possible reason that someone might disagree with your politics is that they’re mentally ill.

Meh.... my attitude is let them just makes them look stupid and arrogant when they start that bollocks about liberalism being a mental illness or TDS. So let them only weakening their own position after all.

I mean how can anyone take someone who thinks liberalism or conservativism for that matter is a mental illness seriously?

It’s the kind of level of argument one would expect from a child.
edit on 5-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Not trying to insult anyone or be rude if anyone is a Liberal. But its almost like as if the brains in Liberals have cracked from their nonsense's.
edit on 5-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Political Egocentrism.

(It's not wholly a left thing though)

link   
the JFK era Liberals were better then today's Liberals.

edit on 5-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

That is quite a specific problem.

How might left leaning political views cause advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage?

Do they all have to consume some sort of neurotoxin?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes. Specifically the teeeeveeeeee and MSM propaganda.

(Not wholly specific of the left)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
They suffer from the same one's rightists do.

Sheer blinding ideological hate.

Stop attempting to say that that isn't spread out over every political ideology out there. Left. Right. Center. ...and every shade in between.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
Not trying to insult anyone or be rude if anyone is a Liberal. But its almost like as if the brains in Liberals have cracked from their nonsense's.

But surely the suggestion that a political belief is mental illness is indicative more of the cognitive issues of the accuser.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Well when you run out of decent counter arguments just claim the other side is crazy.

They know they’re doing it, deep down anyone with two brain cells knows that being a liberal is not a mental illness.

It’s astoundingly arrogant to assume that the only possible reason that someone might disagree with your politics is that they’re mentally ill.

Meh.... my attitude is let them just makes them look stupid and arrogant when they start that bollocks about liberalism being a mental illness or TDS. So let them only weakening their own position after all.

I mean how can anyone take someone who thinks liberalism or conservativism for that matter is a mental illness seriously?

Kind of like calling everyone a racist/nazi hey?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yes. Specifically the teeeeveeeeee and MSM propaganda.

(Not wholly specific of the left)

Yes, perhaps, but clearly both sides have equal exposure. You need to identify why it is so polarized with a particular ideation.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Ah, Trump syndrome.

Okay that one is make believe, I'm talking about actual mental illnesses. For instances mine are ASD, PTSD, SAD (social Anxiety Disorder, not Seasonal Affective Disorder) speaking of SAD that explains my clinical depression.

The excuse many people use is the left is mentally ill but somehow they can't put a name to a face.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Kind of like calling everyone a racist/nazi hey?

Kind of yeah but this thread isn’t about that now and I know you don’t want to start defecting.

I hope you’re smart enough to realise that saying liberalism is a mental illness is ok because some libs think some of your lot are racist would be still a pretty dumb argument.

This tit-for-tat crap is pointless in my view debate the issues and stick to the topic at hand and there shouldn’t be any need to call someone mentally ill or racist just because they disagree with your politics. I think all sides get frustrated when the insults start flying.
edit on 5-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Exposure? I wouldn't say that, access maybe. I would like to see stats on which political ideology consumes more say Facebook/twitter/netflix/MSM etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Exposure? I wouldn't say that, access maybe. I would like to see stats on which political ideology consumes more say Facebook/twitter/netflix/MSM etc.

Good point-if Trump got carpal tunnel from using twitter and had to give it up he'd go critical mass or hire a dictator (not the North Korean kind.)

Social media is dumbing (?) down the world, in this day in age when people post thirty second videos of themselves petting stray cats you must wonder if the demographic is-sorry gotta go, some dude just posted a video of a walrus playing the harp.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Social media is dumbing (?) down the world, in this day in age when people post thirty second videos of themselves petting stray cats you must wonder if the demographic is-sorry gotta go, some dude just posted a video of a walrus playing the harp.

Guess you're gonna have to add ADD to your list!

As an anecdote, I see all the Trump tweets via the posters here who've no love for the guy. No twitter acct myself nor do I actively search them out.

Not saying I'm the exception OR the rule.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
What mental illness do the leftists suffer from?

Empathy?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Libtards, lefty loonies, the list goes on.

What is it about these Sigmund Frauds out there who claim that those on the left are mentally ill? as someone who suffers from mental illnesses, even I don't get the logic. My aunty-who happens to be a "clinical health and Mental psychologist" (she hates it when I don't use her full title) would have a field day with those left and right whose knee jerk reactions lead to irrational accusations.

She has taught me a lot about the human mind, i'm kinda like her pupil or if you are a Star Wars fan-her padawan. I have learned a lot from her from a personal basis and trying to understand others who suffer from mental illness and how to communicate with them.

So for all you with a Ph.D in BS I beg the question...can you identify what mental illness the leftists suffer from?

I think that it's called an adherence to facts and an allergic reaction to the utter stupidity coming out of the rotting remains of the Trump Administration right now.
Please use correct spelling by the way. Capitalise your 'i's if you are referring to yourself.
(Sigh)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Exactly-it's 'who smelt it dealt it' mentality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join