It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Pole at Southern Greenland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm taking three things I've seen on other threads, or just plain noticed together here.

1. Looking at the positioning of the Laurentide (North American) Ice sheet, and the Eurasian Ice sheet during the most recent ice age, a glaring issue is the relative lack of glaciers in Alaska, compared with the Eastern USA. As well as Siberia being much less glaciated than Britain.

If you just took the glaciers present at the time, and looked for a dot in the center of them, it would not be located where the present North Pole is located. But rather closer to Southern Greenland.

en.wikipedia.org...

2. The Haiawatha impact crater.

It hasn't been definitely dated to the Younger Dryas event, but it was a very high energy impact. Believed to be a 12 billion ton meteor. It would have melted lots of ice very quickly, causing free water to flow at speeds and in volumes so great it could put a spinning globe off balance. Create a lump on an otherwise symmetric spinning watermelon (not quite a sphere, but still symmetric along vertical lines.)

I could see a pole shift occurring, because the water would need more than a day to settle (meaning it would remain as a lump for multiple revolutions/days, messing with the balance.)

www.nationalgeographic.com...

3. Various ancient maps appearing to show an ice free Antarctica.

But they are mostly accurate in the areas nearest South America. An area that would have been 30 degrees further North, if the North pole were located in Southern Greenland.

(I'll just link Doug Fisher's amazingly well researched thread for this)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's speculative, of course. But that's what ATS is for. There are a number of possible conspiracy-related reasons for this.

Random chance is of course one of them.

Aliens wanting to permanently conceal a civilization in Antarctica would be another. Perhaps they aimed the meteor that hit Haiwatha region, having calculated it to move the poles to perfectly center Antarctica at the South Pole. Making it possible for most of the human race to remain un-developed with no risk of discovering any relics from the advanced civilization that (in their opinion) had gone off course culturally.

A highly developed civilization in Antarctica would be another. Perhaps they developed to the point they could leave Earth, and live in space. Tried approaching their less developed peers around the world, but found none of them wanted that. (Or were unwilling to adopt the cultural values required in order to handle technology responsibly.) Decided to let them be. Left Earth, and intentionally buried their civilization to avoid the technology falling into the wrong hands.

And there could be other interesting possibilities. I'm interested to hear what other people come up with.

Could make for good fiction, or lead to new discoveries. Either way, it would be fun!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think we are going to hear a lot more about things connected to Greenland's Hiawatha impact crater in the near future. I explained part of my thoughts on that in the three threads currently linked in my signature. If you haven't read them yet give a look. I think you would get a kick out of them. To me it seems things are pointing to the months from December 2020 to June 2021 for some interesting revelations - or from winter solstice 2020 to summer solstice 2021.

What you write re Antarctica might very well be part of that but I think the smoking gun may have been found at the bottom of the Hiawatha impact crater in Greenland via Project Iceworm, Camp Century and Thule Air Base. See aforementioned threads in my signature for details.

In any case S&F for an interesting thread!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Antarctica was colder with much more extensive ice sheets than today, throughout the last ice age

Glacial History of Antarctica
edit on 5-1-2019 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Antarctica was colder with much more extensive ice sheets than today, throughout the last ice age

Glacial History of Antarctica

Actually the link says they don't know.

You should click on item #6 "Last Glacial Maximum"

notendur.hi.is...

The first line reads:

"The overall extent of ice cover in Antarctica during LGM is not well known and some existing reconstructions are controversial"

"Last Glacial Maximum" is another term for "the ice age." There have been several ice ages, and so sometimes they use that term in order to clarify that they are talking about the most recent one.
edit on 5-1-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: describe where to find the quote

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Antarctica is mysterious because it's so inhospitable that it costs $$ to try and survey. Hard to keep a human being alive at the surface, and robots don't fare much better. Most data gathered is from flying over it, or from a handful of permanent research stations.

What interests me is that it is almost perfectly centered on the South pole. I find that curious. It's not an insane coincidence like winning the lottery kind of likelihood or anything. But it does somewhat suggest intention.

Continents create isolation in human development. It is quite possible for a group of humans on one continent to develop very far without having any impact at all on the other continents (until they develop seafaring ability.) Just look at the interaction of the Old World with the Americas.

Also, from the Renaissance to the present, look how far our culture has come in just 400 years. If a culture in Antarctica did the same thing, they could get all the way into space in what seems to the rest of the world like the blink of an eyelid. They just need to have skipped the colonial period, and remained somewhat isolationist during their growth.

top topics

join