It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seaborne " ferries " the pinacle of brexit farce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Seaborne " ferries " - a company that has :

1 - jut been created

2 - has no ships [ owned or leased ]

3 - zero industry experience

has latley been awarded a £13 million [ GBP ] contract to run " extra capacity " ferry services between ramsgage [ UK ] and ostend [ belgium ] in the event of a " no deal brexit "

while such forward planning SEEMS a good idea

one has to wonder why - no one in govt seems to have spotted , or been concerened that the company " terms of service " documents are clearly for a food delivery service .

but hey - its directors are all affiliated with the conservative party - and have made campaign contributions

what could possibly go wrong ????

source

but seriosly - a company with a TOS stolen from a take-away firm ????????????????? if i was a cynical munkie - i would opine that the lunatics have taken over the asylum

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Have you not taken the corruption 101 course yet? Standard practice in all political back room dealings. It comes under the headline, just getting things done.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

one has to wonder why - no one in govt seems to have spotted , or been concerened that the company " terms of service " documents are clearly for a food delivery service .

Failing Grayling strikes again , it's no wonder the cost of the HS2 vanity project is spiraling out of control.

For a company to be awarded a government contract worth £13 million while only existing on paper sums up this government's attitude to both Brexit and its job in general , staggering incompetence.

The copy and paste T&Cs should be reason enough to cancel the contract and sack Grayling but as May can't afford to lose allies I doubt Grayling's position is in danger.

If it weren't so serious it would be funny.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What's more is the port can't take ferry traffic without being dredged - it isn't deep enough. So a firm at a port that can't accommodate ferries and owns no ferries has been given the tender for...ferries.

I'd have gone for it myself.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
T. M's scratting around 'trying' to appear efficient?......

Now that she's finally realising she is NOT going to get 'her deal' through!!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The Guardian has taken a closer look at the men behind Seaborne Freight courtesy of their Companies house listings.
There's experience and failure within the team.
www.theguardian.com...

And a dredger is now in place doing the necessary.

It is understood that Seaborne has hired Dutch company Van Oord to prepare the port to accommodate large cross-Channel ferries. A harbour tradesman, who did not want to be named, said: “It’s a shambles. Everything is so cloak and dagger and mysterious – Seaborne have been trying to get hold of this harbour for two or three years now but they have no experience or rep in the industry. It’s not just the dredging – none of the walkways are safe at the moment, parts of it are condemned. It’s a minimum of 12 weeks’ work. There’s no way it will be up and running in time.”

The residents of Ramsgate have been lobbying for the redevelopment of its ailing port for more than 18 months. Run by Thanet District Council and incurring estimated losses of £20m since 2010, Ramsgate harbour has not had a cross-Channel service since 2013. The arrival, then, of Seaborne Freight might have been met with more enthusiasm.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

have you heard?

You won't be surprised to learn that the government have now worked out that a Ferry company who has no ferries and has never run a ferry service won't be a suitable choice to run Ferries post Brexit, especially given the fact that the port they planned to use is a half condemned death trap that needs dredged. Whichever gubberment official came up with the idea in the first place deserves a high five...

...in the face...

...with a chair!

I mean really, I should get a job in government, I knew this plan was destined for failure. Its like an analogy for Brexit...
edit on 10/2/19 by djz3ro because: Add port stuff

new topics

top topics

join