It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Negative about OOBE/Astral Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have been lookin on ATS for a long time, seeing people discuss Out of body experiences, how cool they are, and how great it feels. But with every Positive there must be some negative.

Sad to say I have never done OOBE at all and dont know anyone that has done it. But here are a few things that could go wrong that i have read up on:

1. If you can excape your body and travel, what makes you think that some negative spirit or force cannot Enter your body while you are away?

2. I read somewhere that when you leave your body and travel, there is what seems to be a string or cord of some sort attached to your physical body. And if you feel some strenuious form of stress that the cord breaks and you have a very agonizing jolt back into your physical body, thus driving you nearly insane.

3. What happens if your origional body dies while you are Astral Projecting? My guess is that you will just wonder the earth until.......I guess Judgement day

A small clump of what i have on the subject but id love to hear your feedback on the subject. Not bad of a subject for this bein my first Entry

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
hi there,

i recommend a book called 'astral dynamics' by Robert Bruce. He covers these subjects pretty well.
From what i gather, the "cord" can NEVER be broken. You can go to the next room, to the next country, to the next solar system, and the cord will still be attached. Secondly, you don't leave your body entirely. You (your soul/mind/spirit/consciousness) are always present in your body and in your astral self. Therefore there is no empty shell for "spirits" and "demons" to take over. The concept of being in more than one place at once, is pretty hard to grasp sometimes, but it makes sense to me. I'd recommend the book for a much fuller description.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
how do we know its not all just imagination?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The only way to know is by having a personal experience or one where you bring back proof and talk to other parties involved...I have had a couple of these types of OOBE's . Below is one such experience I had.

***Preamble to OOBE; My (now Ex)-husband and I were living in our new house and we started to have some marital difficulties. One night he desided he was going to go out with one of his friends to a bar he didn't tell me which bar and I'd asked him Not to discuss our problems with this friend because I felt they were quite personal.

OOBE, I went to bed that night before my husband got home and had thought about trying to have an OOBE to see if he had kept his word to me and not discussed our problems. Well I had one heck of an OOBE, I obe'd, I walked (outside myself) to the bar that I thought they might be at and found them there. I took a seat at their table and listened in on the converstation. I was horrified to hear my husband describing in detail all of our marital difficulties and doubley horrified to hear what "our supposed Friend" said in response to them.

***The next morning was a Saturday and apon waking I still remembered the obe of the night before. My husband was working for half the day so I desided to wait and confront him when he got home. When he did I told him to come into the bedroom that I had something I needed to ask him about and I didn't want the kids over hearing or getting upset. When I told him "I knew he had discussed our problems with this friend the night before" he asked me how I knew did the Friend call me? He was so shocked he couldn't and didn't deny it. I told him no I hadn't spoken to this friend and If he didn't believe me to go call him up and find out. He grew very white face and was freaked out to say the least.
He had known I had some experiences before and they spooked him alot. Needless to say an arguement sprung from there, but neither he nor I will ever forget his reaction to what I'd found out thru having an OOBE.

Ginger

[edit on 27-2-2005 by GingerS224]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
wow that is quite an experince GingerS224 ! Are you and experienced OBE'r ?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hello Forsaken druid.

There will always be a few negatives for all the positive results in just about anything worth doing or trying.
I'm not an expert in this field but i have been able to get out on a limited bassis from time to time, and i did alot of research before hand on what to expect and a few of the things that are harder to control.Try some research of your own, and then give it a try. You can stop(pull back)at anytime if you feel in danger.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
when i moved into a new flat, the bedroom was painted purple, and i started having oobes where i would be in this emty space like another level of consciousness, i could go to people and talk to them, but it was in a nothing, just emptiness, i started to have weird dreams and mad thoughts, i was tuning into everyone who lived around where i lived, i started to feel like i was going ,crazy clever?? all my thoughts where coming true, in the sense that people started saying things that i had thought of in that room. i think it was because the room was painted purple.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The negative is that if you move, you will stop having a obe

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
First i would like to say thank you all for replying and putting in your thoughts into my little post.

Ginger, that is awsome that you got to find out the truth through a OOBE and he didnt diserve you and that wonderful spirit of yours.

Thank you Parker for your thoughts and i will do some research on it

And jiggaman, that is very intresting that you have OOBE possibly because of a purple room, have you ever thought it might be the foundation the house stands on? have you tried doing it in other rooms? I know colors have some deeper effect on the human mind/body/ soul ( that is why you cannot have too bright or too dark of colors for a Baby's room, as i was told anyway).

I hope you all find yourselves and the wisdom you are to obtain, Hope u have long happy lives and all of that. this was a fun experience and i hope to post more of my thoughts and hope to hear from you guys again.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the flat i moved into was a block of three flats high on one side and three oposite, both used the same stairs, on my side, it was single men and on the other was couples, really strange things started happening, all thoughts were being trapped in the purple room. i felt like a trapped animal in a cage. because the flats were identical, all stacked up, each flat was layed out the same. and my neighbours were stalking me, i found it amusing at times and anoying at other times. where ever i walked in my flat, my neighbours would follow, the living room, kitchen, bathroom, spareroom, hall way, everywhere.
they didnt realise what they where doing, i guess they thought they were going into certain rooms because they wanted to. i even stayed awake one night in the living room, and they both stayed awake. eventualy all this pissed me off so i moved out

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
well first of all AP and OOBE can't be explained that easily
its not an instance where a physical being protrudes out of another physical being connected by an umbilical cord
its something much more spiritual than that

how would the cord even break?
its not a physical tangible thing that can be hacked with scissors or anything
its hard to conceive the notion of breaking something like this
like invisible bonds between family, loved ones, memories. things like that
so am i saying its all in your head?
no

all i'm saying is, when you experience it, many questions will be answered, but a helluva lot more questions will form

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I had a number of OBE's which peaked in the mid-late 70's. After that they become increasingly infrequent. They are real. Once you've had one you know. For me, the only question of 'negative' didn't come up unitl quite some time after a particular experience. In this session I gained consciousness during the OBE. In every other one I was aware of the process from the beginning. But this particular one was different. I was walking along ( in the OOB state) with two individuals who were behind me and off to one side. I don't know who/what they were and made no attempt to turn and look. I get the sense I already knew them and there was no need to look. There was a 'mission' to all this which I won't bother getting into here. Immediately afterwards and for some time I believed (assumed) these entities were benevolent. But as I started to analyze the experience (and some others) I realized that I can't know for certain who these entities were and what their intentions might be. I have no way of knowing if they were, in fact, benevolent or not.

As for breaking the 'cord' or 'leaving' your body vacant... it doens't work that way. I liken it to a water balloon when you squeeze in the middle.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Forsaken Druid, Try getting ahold of some of Stuart Wilde's early writtings. 'The Force', The Awakening, and several others. There are very explicate instructions in his writtings concerning OOBE's and other related subjects. My personal experiences with them have been very favorable, and I don't believe that I have ever had a bad experience although there could always be a first time.
My belief is that by preparing yourself through practice, meditation and open-mindedness, you increase your personal power and thus are better prepared for the experience. Everyone I know, including myself who has ever had an OOBE has had a different and individual experience. But through practice and experience you will feel yourself gain inner knowledge and strength. You may notice in the begining that your progress and power will increase quite quickly, but after a short time you may begin to slow down some. Do not be discouraged, perservere and be persistent in your discipline.

Good Luck.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by sharkman]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Having had a good bit of experience regarding this, often in ways that many others have not, I can probably shed a little light on things for you.

1. If you can excape your body and travel, what makes you think that some negative spirit or force cannot Enter your body while you are away?

As has been stated here before, you never fully leave your body. Your consiousness/soul/whatever you want to call it never fully leaves your physical body. Without it, you would die. Your mind is elsewhere, however, and that portion that remains in your body is more or less an empty shell of your soul. Just enough remains to alert you to potential dangers to your physical body (such as a fire, intruder, etc). At no point is your body empty, and able to have another entity enter. There are, however, entities that can forcibly enter your body, and these can enter whether you're "in your body" or not. However, typically, entities such as these won't bother you unless you've somehow called it or upset it. Don't dally with them, and you'll be fine.

2. I read somewhere that when you leave your body and travel, there is what seems to be a string or cord of some sort attached to your physical body. And if you feel some strenuious form of stress that the cord breaks and you have a very agonizing jolt back into your physical body, thus driving you nearly insane.

This is true for all but the most experienced astral travellers. The cord does exist, it is not a tangible thing, but it can be broken. For most astral travellers, the cord appears as a shimmering silvery cord, sort of like an umbillical cord. This cord with lengthen indefinitely as you travel astrally, allowing you to travel whereever you wish. It is through this cord that most astral travellers are able to find their way back to their physical body (which would otherwise be near impossible, given that time and space have no meaning in the astral/spirit world - one step could take you thousands of years and hundreds of light-years from where you originally stood). As far as the cord breaking, it will not break under its own strain. It must be broken by an outside force. Some things that can break the cord are: other entities (typically ones that wish you harm), re-entering the physical world through a door that you didn't originally come through, such as travelling astrally to explore another place on the physical world (this is only possible if you fully re-enter the physical world - remote viewing is different from physical re-entry - it uses the parallel aspects of the physical and astral/spiritual to view the physical world through doors back to the physical, without actually stepping through them. Also, this will not always break the cord, it's just a possibility), and finally, your own will. You are able to sever your own cord. I would highly advise against it, since severing your cord will often trap you in the astral/spiritual world, and your physical body is as good as dead at that point.

Those select few that can travel astrally without the cord have a better understanding of the astral/spiritual world, and can therefore navigate back to their point of origin with ease. This is a skill only learned through many lifetimes if experience - maybe one in 100,000 astral travellers actually have this ability.

3. What happens if your origional body dies while you are Astral Projecting? My guess is that you will just wonder the earth until.......I guess Judgement day

If your physical body dies when you are astral, the portion of your soul remaining in your body rejoins your astral form, and you are now a permanent resident of the spirit world (at least until your next reincarnation).

One of the major misconceptions of astral travel, is that it is a world somewhere in between the world of the living and the world of the dead. This is not true. The terms "astral plane" and "spirit world" are interchangable. Not everyone you meet astrally will be dead, however. Some have once lived a mortal life and passed on. Some are other astral travellers, and some are entities that have never had a mortal life, and never will. Astral travel has as many downsides as it does upsides. For all the potential to learn and grow there, there are also equal potentials for harm. The best advice I can give you is to do a little reading on the subject (several others in this thread have given books on the subject), learn about the basics of both astral travel and protection, and be always wary when you do travel astrally.

new topics

top topics

join