It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Not Ready For Total Integration

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeReK DaRkLy
a reply to: Wayfarer

this was so low effort

You know what's low effort? Getting a welfare check.

I dunno man, one involves actually putting on pants (something I'm personally loathe to do), walking out to the mailbox, opening a letter and then going to the bank to deposit it.

The other involves a quick snap of the fingers at a keyboard and you're an ATS superstar!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The other involves a quick snap of the fingers at a keyboard and you're an ATS superstar!

LMAO!!! Well, I certainly hope you're not referring to me... if anything, I'm a pariah on this site, but they won't delete my account. So, I persist.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Anyway... I noticed a major type-o earlier when i meant former not latter, then got confused and fixed it twice..must be the chaos...

Nonetheless... all intellectual challenges are still welcome.
This thread only dies if all arguments are settled or responses cease altogether.

We are primates still trying to define what is "humane"...
Sad but hopeful, IMO.

edit on 4-1-2019 by DeReK DaRkLy because: interesting, still

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Globalism will never work with humans. Maybe it will work with something like sheep.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yup. Borders, Language, Culture... that's why I posted the Savage thread from the very beginning.
Eg, Skaters don't care about what's happening at the church or temple. Mankind is moving on. ;-)

Morality is a "ME!" thing... human nature, like freedom, cannot be defined.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeReK DaRkLy
a reply to: rickymouse

Yup. Borders, Language, Culture... that's why I posted the Savage thread from the very beginning.
Eg, Skaters don't care about what's happening at the church or temple. Mankind is moving on. ;-)

Morality is a "ME!" thing... human nature, like freedom, cannot be defined.

Sheep naturally have the wool pulled over their eyes.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We have little culture left. The effect of forcing two cultures together is to contaminate both into nonexistence.

Perhaps that's the idea: by forcing cultures together, one effectively destroys the cultures, making it easier to implement new methods of thinking. After all, that's what Globalism is, isn't it? Forcing all to think in specified terms? Individual cultures prohibit that from happening.

As to the evolution aspect being discussed, no, we have not changed much. We're still semi-social, semi-territorial, self-centered animals looking to survive. We've adapted some to the realities of technology, but remark about three meals from the zoo is pretty apt. We wear our civilization as a thin veneer, to hide the harsh realities of who and what we are.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
We have little culture left. The effect of forcing two cultures together is to contaminate both into nonexistence.

Perhaps that's the idea: by forcing cultures together, one effectively destroys the cultures, making it easier to implement new methods of thinking. After all, that's what Globalism is, isn't it? Forcing all to think in specified terms? Individual cultures prohibit that from happening.

As to the evolution aspect being discussed, no, we have not changed much. We're still semi-social, semi-territorial, self-centered animals looking to survive. We've adapted some to the realities of technology, but remark about three meals from the zoo is pretty apt. We wear our civilization as a thin veneer, to hide the harsh realities of who and what we are.

TheRedneck

Add to this point you've made that every time something good from a culture is taken, one side has to throw a fit about "Culture Appropriation". So normally a culture grows by assimilating bits and pieces from other cultures, but now that has become a big "NO-NO".

Instead we are being told that these people who are coming into the country from war torn areas of the world, or from places that are really messed up and don't care about becoming Americans anymore then they care about our legal system, are the new norms and we have to accept them and adapt to them. That's not how a culture grows, that's how a culture dies.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

"So, here's the thing about globalism and those who dream of a perfect world...
You can't just take tens of thousands of years of different cultures and smash them all together."

IMO they globalists know that's the case when it comes to doing things properly but they don't care about doing things properly, they only concerned about doing things their way, when they want to.

My evidence for this?

since when have they ever consulted the masses about anything, Moreover; they don't giva ..... about the impact of the masses of anything they do anyway. I challenge anyone to indicate a time when The Powers That Should Not Be ever have.

After all; they don't have to put up the consequences anyway do they?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
When people talk like this it just kind of makes me laugh because they start out with the (false, IMO) assumption that civilization was ever meant to happen at all.

If you look at every human culture and society on the planet, one thing becomes very obvious very quickly. The very fact that we need any kind of "system" (government/culture or whatever you want to call it) speaks volumes about us as a species. We are not supposed to exist at all. We are (always have been) a freak of nature.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Trouble is humanity takes one step forward and two steps back??

Before 1979 when Iran was Persia the then ruler the Shah wanted Persia

to be westernised and among other things wanted to give women the

vote.

If you look at pictures before 1979 of Iran/Persia you could be looking

at any western capital city.

The same could have been said of Afghanistan.

Then.......

RELIGION took over ( the Taliban and the Ayatollah) and progress STOPPED.

It didn't just stop it went backwards .......

www.google.com... EwikuNOZ2dbfAhXEQhUIHcIgDqAQ7Al6BAgFEBs&biw=768&bih=361#imgrc=QuznmPCDJCRw0M:

allthatsinteresting.com...

Hope I've managed that.

edit on 5-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow... I expected to wake up to a sh*T-storm on this thread, but the last several responses give me some hope. =)

Thanks for participating, everyone. I've made all the points I wanted to make, and I rarely cling to a particular thread, so I'm off to a new adventure.

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..."

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

lol

I will never listen to Michael Savage. He's right up there with Alex Jones on the awful conservative scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join